Sequoia Lodge--Main Building?

woodys_girl

Mouseketeer
Okay, so I was finally ready to pull the trigger and book 2 rooms at Sequoia Lodge for my family. When I get the price in USD it only shows one option--which is "standard room near hotel facilities." I can choose either 2 rooms with 2 doubles each or 1 room with 2 doubles and one with a large double. (Side question: Does anyone know what a large double is?). When I went to check the price in Euros to see if it was cheaper I got two options. I got one that was the same as above and then a second option which was "standard room" and both rooms would have 2 doubles--and about $300 cheaper than the "near hotel facilities". It seems to be that the difference besides bed choice is "standard" will be in one of the peripheral buildings and "near hotel facilities" is in the main building. Is it worth $300 (over 3 nights for 2 rooms) to be in the main building? In the grand scheme of international travel, I doubt I'll miss the money, but if there is no advantage, might as well get myself some Mickey bars.

Last edited:
A double is a double/full size bed. I would recommend staying in the main building if possible. I assume that if you are quoting USD you are American, just so you know you can change the country and book other countries' deals. It is often much cheaper than going through the American site. I have booked through the Ireland site and UK site and had no problems. I even forgot to adjust things when booking and my address said I was from Wisconsin Ireland! It didn't matter though because nothing is mailed to you the booking is all digital.

A double is a double/full size bed. I would recommend staying in the main building if possible. I assume that if you are quoting USD you are American, just so you know you can change the country and book other countries' deals. It is often much cheaper than going through the American site. I have booked through the Ireland site and UK site and had no problems. I even forgot to adjust things when booking and my address said I was from Wisconsin Ireland! It didn't matter though because nothing is mailed to you the booking is all digital.
Thanks. Yes. I'm an American and using USD. The only price difference I noticed between changing country sites was a slight difference between dollars and euros (converted to dollars by me for comparison purposes). But if it gave me the price in euros it was the same every time. But maybe I'm doing it wrong.

On the DLP site if the click the thing that looks like a "globe" (in the upper right corner) it give the option of EUR or USD but click on the change country/region and that will open the other country options for you. Most countries that have the Euro as their currency will usually have the same deals but check the UK one as well. Just make sure you go to google and convert the currency back into USD so you know the comparison exactly. Last year when I booked through the Ireland site I ended up saving about $600.

On the DLP site if the click the thing that looks like a "globe" (in the upper right corner) it give the option of EUR or USD but click on the change country/region and that will open the other country options for you. Most countries that have the Euro as their currency will usually have the same deals but check the UK one as well. Just make sure you go to google and convert the currency back into USD so you know the comparison exactly. Last year when I booked through the Ireland site I ended up saving about $600.
I see. I'll look into that. Thanks.

To answer your side question, a "large double" is probably going to be something more like a US Queen sized bed. Don't think it will be as large as a King, but hard to say for sure as bed sizes vary so much from country to country (and some have the same name for different sizes just to confuse everyone!)

I've only stayed in the main building at Sequoia Lodge so I'm not sure I can be fully objective about that - I would certainly prefer to be in the main building, but $300 is quite a saving and the rooms are no different (the exception is only if you're on the Golden Forest Club floor).

I've stayed in the main building and the lodges, albeit a while ago now. I found both to be perfectly fine. When breakfast was included which made staying in the main building easier. I personally don't think its worth paying an extra $300 though.

I would personally save the money and use it for something else, whilst your there like souvenirs if you are into that. Not sure when you are looking at going but the pool is in the external lodges anyway.

Thanks guys, I did some more precise calculations and the actual difference between "standard" and "standard main building" is $188. I don't know if that makes a difference in anybody's preference, though I am leaning towards saving the money.

The hotel footprint is quite compact. We're not talking something like Coronado Springs or Old Key West at WDW. I don't think it takes more than a 5 minutes walk to go to the main building from any lodge.

Update: By the time I decided I'd actually prefer the outer buildings, they were all booked for my dates. So as of now we are booked in Sequoia Lodge main building. I will keep an eye out to see if anything opens up in the other rooms, but I'm fine with what we have. Thanks all for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter