September11, 2001

Born 2 Fish

I'D RATHER BE FISHING.
Patriot Day occurs on September 11 of each year, designated in memory of the nearly three thousand who died in the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Please, let us take this day to remember all of those who fell on this day in those attacks.

Let us remember all those heroes who , with out even thinking of themselves rushed to help those in need in those attacks.

And let us thank all those who so valiantly put themselves first to protect our land and our freedoms and our families.

‎10 years ago my baby girl was in the 7th grade when the towers fell and today she is standing watch to keep all of us safe! Keep all of our Military in your thoughts as they pay a very high price for our freedom.

10 years ago we sat in our new Motorhome set up in the 1400 loop watching the terrible events unfold. All we could do that day was go to the petting zoo and pony ride. I think Disney closed all the parks. Not a good day at the fort.

30 days later my old unit the 3rd Ranger batt was in Afganistan kicking butt.
To them and all the many others, I say thank you very much.

10 years ago today I had taken the day off from work and was sitting on my floor putting together party bags for my son's birthday party while watching the Today Show. What followed was all of the families calling each other to see if we should still have hot dogs in the park for his party. We all decided that if something happened it would be best for us all together. So we all gathered together and celebrated our country and how proud we were that our country was already beginning to rally around the Red, White, and Blue!

10 years ago was one of the most terrifying days of my life. I was at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC, a mile away from an Air Force base. DH had towed us down there but had to leave a few days later to return to work, so my BFF came down to spend a few days with me. She had to leave that morning, right after the first plane hit the tower. So there I was, all alone, and a mile from a possible target with no transportation but the golf cart. I spent the day glued to the TV. A few times I got on the cart and went around the CG. What was normally a bustling, busy place was a ghost town. The only people I saw outside were those huddling around an outdoor TV. Thankfully my DH returned that evening. But I will never forget that day or the terror I felt. I will never forget the despair over what happened in NYC.

10 yrs ago today I was driving to work. I was listening to a song that reminded me of my grandpa who had passed away 3 yrs earlier when they interrupted the song to say that the 2nd tower had just been hit. I was like what. So I changed the station to one that was linked to live feed of the news and when I heard the complete details as to what was happening I just started crying. I cried the whole way to work. I worked at Wal-mart and all the tvs and the store radio were on the news. The store was dead. I couldnt believe what had happened. I pray every day for the safety of our country and the ones that protect us here and abroad. I read an article today about what disney had done the day of the attacks and what happened and the changes due to it. It was very interesting. But very Disney fashion still. I know I didnt want to be at work that day I can only imagine what it was like for them to work and try to still keep the magic alive. And yes they did close the parks that day.

10 years ago I was playing with my DD who was 18 mos old... the fear I had while watching TV made me feel so helpless.... I just recall praying and praying. I also remember going to the elementary school and getting my DS out early...just in case I guess... he was in 4th grade. Now he is preparing to leave for Army bootcamp on November 7th.... I am proud, but fearful.

10 years ago I was in bed trying to recover from a really busy overnight shift. I always sleep with the TV on and I woke up just in time to see the second plane hitthe tower. I got up, got dressed, met up with my (now ex)wife and started calling co workers. Got about 9 EMTs/Paramedics together and we went to the staging area at Shea Stadium. From there we were assigned to a treatment area in a TV studio in Chelsea Piers on the wesr side of Manhatten. I will never forget the drive through Manhattan. There were fully armed soldiers on almost every corner and there were several Hummers with roof mounted machine guns. When we got to the treatment area we checked in and were told just to wait. We were the primary site that they would be bringing survivors to. We only saw about 10 patients.

10 years ago I was playing with my DD who was 18 mos old... the fear I had while watching TV made me feel so helpless.... I just recall praying and praying. I also remember going to the elementary school and getting my DS out early...just in case I guess... he was in 4th grade. Now he is preparing to leave for Army bootcamp on November 7th.... I am proud, but fearful.

I have a job that allows me to meet people of all walks of life,,and I'm a talker, so that works out real well.
I get to meet young almost every week who are going into different branches of our armed forces, and I have to say they are some of the most outstanding bunch of young people you'll ever meet. They all have their heads and hearts in the right place and are fully aware of why and what they are about to be doing . They always seem to be a happy for what they are doing , a real genuine love for everyone.
I have nothing but the utmost respect and gratitude for these fine young people. My hat will always be off to them and my prayers will always be with them.

Please give your son my thank you and a hug.

thank you.... as the time gets closer I find that I can't even think about it without tears.... I'm such a wimp. As a mom though... it's hard to let go.. and it's hard to not think about the wars going on in the world. I find myself on this board more than ever... just to get my thoughts on more fun things.

Thank you so much for those words though... they mean a lot.

10 years ago I was in bed trying to recover from a really busy overnight shift. I always sleep with the TV on and I woke up just in time to see the second plane hitthe tower. I got up, got dressed, met up with my (now ex)wife and started calling co workers. Got about 9 EMTs/Paramedics together and we went to the staging area at Shea Stadium. From there we were assigned to a treatment area in a TV studio in Chelsea Piers on the wesr side of Manhatten. I will never forget the drive through Manhattan. There were fully armed soldiers on almost every corner and there were several Hummers with roof mounted machine guns. When we got to the treatment area we checked in and were told just to wait. We were the primary site that they would be bringing survivors to. We only saw about 10 patients.

I know you being there was a blessing to many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter