September

peter+lynne

Earning My Ears
hi we are going on the 21st of september and i have just read that september is the wettest month has anyone been in september, are we talking showers here or constant rain all day we have only been in june before,any info on september will be great ie wait times hours and suchlike.
thanks peter.

Hi Peter and Lynne

My husband and I usually go in September. It can be wet at times usually in the afternoon. It can be anything from a quick deluge to 1-2 hours of rain with thunder and lightning. It's goes over and dries up fairly quickly. HTH. Enjoy.:earsgirl:

The first time I ever went to WDW was in the middle of September...however I'm not sure I can help with what's normal as we had a Hurricane :rolleyes: Rained pretty much the whole first week! 2nd week was sunny though and I don't remember any rain at all, so if it did, it must have been pretty minor....I DO remember it was incredibly humid though...can you say sticky?!?!?

I don't think it'll be too bad or affect your enjoyment or anything, and the bad weather thrown up by hurricanes is pretty unusual! Enjoy :D

Penny :D

We were in Orlando in September last year and had really mixed weather - lots of heavy showers and thunderstorms, but also some very HOT + sunny weather too !

The weather did not stop us from doing the activities we had planned - so don't worry about it + enjoy the holiday !

As far as the crowds were concerned the parks were quiet when compared to the summer months - we had VERY minimal wait times throughout our 2 weeks and often went straight back onto rides several times in a row !

Tyke

Originally posted by peter+lynne
hi we are going on the 21st of september and i have just read that september is the wettest month has anyone been in september, are we talking showers here or constant rain all day we have only been in june before,any info on september will be great ie wait times hours and suchlike.
thanks peter.

we're going to orlando on 21 sept too

we are flying virgin from gatwick

how about you?

neil

:D

Hi

We have been twice in September and are going this September (15th) and have never had really bad weather.

You tend to get showers in the afternoon but they don't really last long, not that I've noticed anyway.

Helen ;)

Usually September weather is very hot, with a shower around 3 or 4 p.m. each day. The storms can be a downpour, or just a little shower, but things at WDW just keep on happening anyway. The parades continue and so do the rides.

Be sure to bring a rain poncho every day, even if the weather looks as if it will be perfect. We joked that it rained every afternoon, but as it turned out, we were correct. The one time we left ponchos at the hotel, we were sorry!

The rain can help clear out the water parks and pool areas though. If you wait it out, a lot of people leave and don't return.

The evenings cool off a little, but can be warm and humid until late at night. Soemtimes there is thick fog in the early morning, because of the high humidity. It burns off early though, when it begins to warm up.

When we go to WDW in September, we take a break at our hotel pool or take an afternoon nap. You really feel so much better if you cool off in the afternoons and take a slower pace in the parks. Even though it is warm in the evening when you go back out, you are refreshed.

Be sure to drink LOTS of water, too. Dehydration can do you in quickly!

My husband and I are going Sept 21st too!! Just wanted to let you know as getting very excited now (1st trip out there!) and also think I'm getting addicted to this site!!!:Pinkbounc

pack your ear plugs for the flight and hope you don't get sat near us 10 adults and a hopefully quiet 7 month old baby

:)

We are going out this Sept. too.

We were also there in Sept. 2000 and I have to say that I was surprised by the weather. We usually went in July in the past and I found the weather to be worse in July that it was in Sept. We were there for 2 weeks and only had 2 days with any rain and those were heavy thunder storms that dissappeared very quickly.

I guess it just depends.

Ona ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter