• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September Hours - OHHHH YES!!!!!

I am really upset about this. We can't even enjoy the park in the dark. Anyone know if this could still be a fluke or if they've made some change this year? All other years it was open till 8 on these dates.

And why in the heck would DL close earlier than DCA when there are no parties or events?

I am really upset about this. We can't even enjoy the park in the dark. Anyone know if this could still be a fluke or if they've made some change this year? All other years it was open till 8 on these dates.

And why in the heck would DL close earlier than DCA when there are no parties or events?

I feel the same way. Its just not right to shorten the hours like that! I wonder if theres a way we can all somehow put in a complaint or something because I'm seriously going to be mad if they keep it at 7!

ooohhhh sheeesh..... (is that even a word? *** it just came out of my mouth!)

So I think I am really missing things.... We are there 24 - 29th September. The parks look like they may be close at 7pm on weeknights?????? Really???? I mean, we have little kids (5 & 7) but I never expected to have to leave before 7pm! What would happen to Fantasmic? Am I looking at only seeing that on Saturday (as if we would get that and the fireworks in on the same night with 2 little kids.....:confused3)

What I originally thought was great... fireworks every night of our stay, turned to a bit of disappointment... which I got over rather quickly.... may take me a little more to get over this, I have been planning this trip for a year.... wish something would go right....

Oh well, lucky I am resilient!!!

Will keep watching with baited breath!!

ETA Calimom.... I am coming from out the middle of Western Australia (read... bush) At least you are still in California!!!! No offence meant though... just letting you know how far we are travelling!

They really should put the hours out more than 6 weeks in advanced. It sure is a downer considering years past were an hour later.

We were hoping to leave our kids with our parents and explore the park at night. But fortunately for us were going back in 3 months by ourselves. But I feel bad for others who planned well in advanced.

It also really sucks when u think your only getting 9 hours of park time. Sure lines are shorter, but ur still only getting 9 hours of park time.

It's a big shock to those that go to WDW and then go to DLR. The off season really makes a huge difference at DLR.

You definitely need to read HydroGuys thread on the differences.

I feel DLR is really geared for the AP holder compared to WDW.

We didn't decide to add DLR to our California trip until about 65 days out, so I called to get info, especially since it is right after the Half-Marathon.

We are only doing one day in the park, 9.4, so I was trying to figure out how to make the best use of our time. I called and was told then that there would not be fireworks the day{s} we're there and the park was closing at 7 pm. Also, she said there wouldn't be EMH for us.

It's a big shock to those that go to WDW and then go to DLR. The off season really makes a huge difference at DLR.

You definitely need to read HydroGuys thread on the differences.

I feel DLR is really geared for the AP holder compared to WDW.

Well certainly more locals anyway. But yes it sucks, but the dynamic from WDW is different and it just have more vacationers all year round. DL use to actually close around 6 in September back in the 80s and 90s. Thats how 'off' the off season use to be. But yes, it sucks for people like the OP who plan all year not realizing just how bad these hours are doing this time. Of course DCA will be opened until 8 but probably just a small silver lining.

Things could change but if its on the calender now more than likely it wont change once its there. And thats why the calender is only 6 weeks out now, because they want it to be as accurate as possible. But people can actually call the park directly and ask for hours beyound that to plan. They do have that general information, it just cant guaranteed to be set in stone, but can at least give visitors planning in the long term a heads up.

So I think I am really missing things.... We are there 24 - 29th September. The parks look like they may be close at 7pm on weeknights?????? Really???? I mean, we have little kids (5 & 7) but I never expected to have to leave before 7pm! What would happen to Fantasmic? Am I looking at only seeing that on Saturday (as if we would get that and the fireworks in on the same night with 2 little kids.....:confused3)

What I originally thought was great... fireworks every night of our stay, turned to a bit of disappointment... which I got over rather quickly.... may take me a little more to get over this, I have been planning this trip for a year.... wish something would go right....

ETA Calimom.... I am coming from out the middle of Western Australia (read... bush) At least you are still in California!!!! No offence meant though... just letting you know how far we are travelling!

It would be even worse if I weren't from the country, I agree! but we still have to drive 8hrs there which is a very long drive. We only planned for one day in the park. With no fireworks or fantasmic, and early closing hours it just makes me mad for what we are paying.

We went around that time two years ago. Off season means that most shows--fireworks, Fantasmic, and Aladdin--only run on weekends. Also, closing times were earlier. In our experience, the lower crowds were worth it. We literally walked in ride after ride after ride. (Granted, that was before CarsLand.) We were able to ride more rides, even with shortened hours, than we did during our summer trip when the parks were open later.

I do remember later closing hours than 7 p.m., though, except for nights with a Halloween Party. You might consider getting tickets to increase your park time (and to get to see the awesome Halloween fireworks). That's what we did. And, we found lots of changes to the park schedule up until about a month before our trip. I wouldn't assume that what's up there now is the last word...yet.

By the way -- the wdwinfo site is us! DISboards and wdwinfo are part of the same family -- if you go to the wdwinfo page and look up at the top you will see a link to DISboards. We're all under one umbrella, and we are not an official Disney site.:goodvibes

I always try to let people know which sites are actually official Disney sites (Disneyland Resort's site, Disneyland News, Disney Parks Blog, D23, Disney Insider, Disney.com, Disney Family, the Halloween Time page on Facebook, etc.). Also, any emails you get from Disney Destinations are official.

Unofficial sites (other than this one) include Mouse Planet, MiceAge, MouseSavers, Laughing Place, and any kind of Disney fan site. All of the unofficial sites basically wait for the official avenues of information to release details, but sometimes people happen to see something on an unofficial site before they see it on an official site and it can get confusing. Even the official sources of info sometimes publish information that mysteriously "changes" over time (such as the Annual Pass Backstage Pass newsletter, which recently posted an incorrect start date for the MHP, and an incorrect start date for the holiday season:headache:).

Off-peak seasons offer shorter hours and a more limited schedule of entertainment. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. Halloween Time -- as popular as it is -- is technically still considered by Disney to be the off-peak season, which is surprising, so the post-Labor Day/pre-Halloween Time segment of September is really, really off-peak, I guess!:rotfl2:

I don't know anything about the 7 p.m. closures unless those nights are being reserved for private parties (when the park is rented out for VIPs or corporations - case in point, Mariah Carey and her husband rented out DL not too long ago to renew their wedding vows in a lavish Princess-themed event). It's possible those 7 p.m. closures could change if there are no private parties.

Does anyone know if DLR guest will still be able to use there Early Morning Magic in Sept? I may be using the wrong term, if so please forgive me.

We're staying at DLH and hoping to get in an hour early each day.

Does anyone know if DLR guest will still be able to use there Early Morning Magic in Sept? I may be using the wrong term, if so please forgive me.

We're staying at DLH and hoping to get in an hour early each day.

It doesn't appear that has changed. If staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, you get a Magic Morning each day. If you have a three-day hopper or more, you get one Magic Morning for each ticket.

I am amazed at the amount of people surprised each year that park hours get cut in September. School has begun again for the entire country, crowds are considerably lower and all attractions ( theme parks, zoo etc) across the country has slimmed their hours down by this point. I'm surprised at seeing seven in September as that doesn't usually happen until it's colder out, Dec. If they do go ahead with seven they may extend to eight depending on daily crowd levels, this happens often in the fall. For those of you going once the Halloween season kicks off I'd be shocked to see the hours during the week to be earlier than eight. I'm still mad that they don't show the Halloween fireworks every night anymore, only during MHP. :p

I am amazed at the amount of people surprised each year that park hours get cut in September.

No one is surprised hours are cut back. We're surprised hours were cut back from the 8PM estimate on their website, the 8PM historical closing hours, and the 7PM close they went to this year. :(

Glad that I am not the only one surprised!!

I think I might have my whole bubble burst in 8 weeks time anyway... I have a really romanticised idea of DL. Being so far away DL seemed a world away and I don't know any of anyone who went as a kid - it was some far off dream for most kids I know in Australia. I guess I just had these ideas that there would be fireworks and joy galore... so that is why I planned it for our family, we've seen our fair share of difficult times and so planned to come and make memories of a lifetime at "the happiest place on Earth"! It's what's been getting me through the year actually!! Just a bit disappointed, and as an outsider I never contemplated that when the weather is fine and still good that things would slow down - obviously I am wrong. Will just have to make the most of it I suppose!:wave2:

I'm slightly confused :confused3 I'm going to the parks 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th Sept. We have tickets for MHP on 27th and a reservation for WOC on 24th. I looked at the site that has a schedule up til sept 10th. I figured I'd check out a tuesday to see what it was like in prep for the 24th (also a tuesday). It says the parks are open til 7pm ish. But when you click on the daily schedule it says til 10pm :confused3

I'm slightly confused :confused3 I'm going to the parks 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th Sept. We have tickets for MHP on 27th and a reservation for WOC on 24th. I looked at the site that has a schedule up til sept 10th. I figured I'd check out a tuesday to see what it was like in prep for the 24th (also a tuesday). It says the parks are open til 7pm ish. But when you click on the daily schedule it says til 10pm :confused3

Sorry I'm not sure what you're seeing but mine says 7:00 PM.

I was surprised but I'm a WDW person and used to late hours, I guess it goes to show how much DL relies on local guests. I told my DW that we will just have more time to relax and maybe come home from a Disney vacation not feeling like we need more time to recoup. Plus with these hours and no 90 degree humid weather I think we can go from opening to closing without feeling wiped out.

Do they typically extend announced park hours later? I remember from easywdw they expand hours and add second fantasmic showings at DHS.

I hope so otherwise it looks like DL will close at 7 on Sep 23 when I was planning on it closing at 8, and it will open at 9 am on Sep 22 when I was planning on it opening at 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter