September crew... what are you doing?

Well, my work threw a new curveball. If I travel to Florida, I might have to quarantine and stay out of the office for two weeks when I return. At this time, my employer is unsure if they can accommodate the two extra weeks off. I will hopefully know next week. I’m going to be devastated if I have to cancel this trip. We are unable to go next year and will be out a significant amount of money. 😔

We are still planning on going but being from Canada the border restrictions and the mandatory self-isolation when returning home for 14 days may make it nearly impossible to go. We are dvc members and were going in May and September this year and have moved may points to our september trip as they have to be used before Nov 30, 2020. We booked again to use the remainder of the points end of november but not sure we can extend that trip given the availability is so bad at that time of year even still.

The mask situation is also a potential issue for me; not saying it would cause me to not go because my room is not refundable but if the border is still shut down we may have to move the trip again. at least my son is so young that he isn't disappointed, same can't be said for my wife though!

Well, my work threw a new curveball. If I travel to Florida, I might have to quarantine and stay out of the office for two weeks when I return. At this time, my employer is unsure if they can accommodate the two extra weeks off. I will hopefully know next week. I’m going to be devastated if I have to cancel this trip. We are unable to go next year and will be out a significant amount of money. 😔
Keep the faith!!! By September things will be much calmer.

You might see if they will take a negative test in lieu of a 2 week quarantine. Several places around here have announced 2 week quarantine or a negative test 3-4 days after you return.

Well PA just put restrictions in place for people coming back from FL (for good reason). If those are still in place by September we'll have to cancel. No way I can afford and extra 14-days on the back end of my trip.

Well PA just put restrictions in place for people coming back from FL (for good reason). If those are still in place by September we'll have to cancel. No way I can afford and extra 14-days on the back end of my trip.
Well, it is not a mandate, just a recommendation by Dr. Levine. But I work in health care, so I very likely will be required by my employer to quarantine. I have the two extra weeks and my husband works from home, but we still don't know what school is going to look like in our district. I hope people start shaping up and the numbers everywhere start getting better. I really need a vacation.

I don't think we can know what things will be like by the end of July much less in September. But I am continuing to plan for our vacation and thinking about dining ADRs next. I'm assuming that we will be able to make our dining reservations 60 days in advance which will be July 15th for us. We've never been in September and, even before all this, I was thinking about how to use dining as a break from the heat. For those who have been in September, would you recommend having a TS meal at lunchtime? I'm thinking particularly of MK at this point, since it is open 9-7. Normally, we would do CS lunch and TS dinner maybe at the resort.

For parks opening later in the day, I'm wondering if a late lunch at EP would be useful, say 2pm? Or do you think since we're arriving at 11am then it won't really help and we should just book regular dinnertime TS? At HS, we always love a late lunch at the Brown Derby so that's set (if I can get that ADR).

Personally with shortened park hours, I would not do a TS during the day unless there’s one you really want and could get very close to park close. I get using it as a break from the heat but for me it would take up too much valuable park time.

I’m still hanging in there with my mid-September plans. It looks as if Florida may be approaching their Covid peak right now, and hopefully levels will be much lower two months from now. That said, I absolutely will cancel if things don’t improve, or if there is a hurricane approaching.

I’ve modified my plans to reduce risk whenever possible. I’m traveling solo for only three nights, and plan to physical distance to the max. I also switched my flights from connecting flights on American to nonstops on Southwest at off times.

I’m booked at the Yacht Club and only plan to visit Epcot and HS, which are walking distance. Planning to spend some serious time relaxing at the resort and around the Crescent Lake area, just enjoying the ambience. Also will be skipping indoor restaurants, and probably indoor rides too. This was originally supposed to be a Food & Wine getaway anyway, so not much change there. I will miss the events and seminars, but it is what it is.

Even with all that, I may get cold feet and cancel anyway. Luckily that decision doesn’t have to be made until early September.

I don't think we can know what things will be like by the end of July much less in September. But I am continuing to plan for our vacation and thinking about dining ADRs next. I'm assuming that we will be able to make our dining reservations 60 days in advance which will be July 15th for us. We've never been in September and, even before all this, I was thinking about how to use dining as a break from the heat. For those who have been in September, would you recommend having a TS meal at lunchtime? I'm thinking particularly of MK at this point, since it is open 9-7. Normally, we would do CS lunch and TS dinner maybe at the resort.

For parks opening later in the day, I'm wondering if a late lunch at EP would be useful, say 2pm? Or do you think since we're arriving at 11am then it won't really help and we should just book regular dinnertime TS? At HS, we always love a late lunch at the Brown Derby so that's set (if I can get that ADR).

With the parks opening later and lack of breakfast table service, we are planning on eating a full breakfast at the hotel and getting to the park by rope drop. I planned all the Table service for 2:00, we should be hungry by then and that will take care of lunch and dinner, maybe a snack later. We usually only do a breakfast and combine lunch and dinner since we usually get stuffed. I'm not too worried about a meal taking away park time. We have to eat and I would much rather eat sitting indoors where I can get cool.

I’m still hanging in there with my mid-September plans. It looks as if Florida may be approaching their Covid peak right now, and hopefully levels will be much lower two months from now. That said, I absolutely will cancel if things don’t improve, or if there is a hurricane approaching.

I’ve modified my plans to reduce risk whenever possible. I’m traveling solo for only three nights, and plan to physical distance to the max. I also switched my flights from connecting flights on American to nonstops on Southwest at off times.

I’m booked at the Yacht Club and only plan to visit Epcot and HS, which are walking distance. Planning to spend some serious time relaxing at the resort and around the Crescent Lake area, just enjoying the ambience. Also will be skipping indoor restaurants, and probably indoor rides too. This was originally supposed to be a Food & Wine getaway anyway, so not much change there. I will miss the events and seminars, but it is what it is.

Even with all that, I may get cold feet and cancel anyway. Luckily that decision doesn’t have to be made until early September.
I’m not sure I would say Florida is at its peak. While Florida’s numbers are matching other states at their peak, those states were on complete shutdown at those peaks, doing everything they could to cap the cases. Florida isn’t doing that. I’m afraid their daily case numbers have room to grow.

I’m not sure I would say Florida is at its peak. While Florida’s numbers are matching other states at their peak, those states were on complete shutdown at those peaks, doing everything they could to cap the cases. Florida isn’t doing that. I’m afraid their daily case numbers have room to grow.

No one knows yet what Florida will look like in September, which is why it’s great that travel terms are so flexible right now. If I do end up canceling, I get my room deposit back and will have some Southwest travel funds good through September 2022. I’m good with that. Not giving up hope yet, though!

No one knows yet what Florida will look like in September, which is why it’s great that travel terms are so flexible right now. If I do end up canceling, I get my room deposit back and will have some Southwest travel funds good through September 2022. I’m good with that. Not giving up hope yet, though!

You're lucky - I have a DVC rental that is non-refundable. FL would have to drastically improve for me to go during Labor Day (when my trip is booked) at this point. I also don't have park tickets and am not sure when those will go on sale again.

I’m still hanging in there with my mid-September plans. It looks as if Florida may be approaching their Covid peak right now, and hopefully levels will be much lower two months from now.

I’ve modified my plans to reduce risk whenever possible. Planning to spend some serious time relaxing at the resort and around the Crescent Lake area, just enjoying the ambience. Also will be skipping indoor restaurants, and probably indoor rides too. This was originally supposed to be a Food & Wine getaway anyway, so not much change there.
Same.
I can't cancel due to ressies being DVC points rental but I'm trying to be flexible about expectations.
Most concerned about our 2.5 hour flight. Going to wear N-95 masks + goggles over eyes for the flight.
Also *may* be skipping indoor dining.
I am reading reputable sources for accurate info. Seems like to get the "viral load" required for aquiring the virus you most likely need 10-15 mins minimum of exposure from a spreader. So indoors for prolonged periods with unmasked individuals poses the most threat.
From CDC site, deaths are decreasing. Probably bc drs are learning how to treat the most ill. Knowing what works and what doesn't allows them to effectively treat patients sooner rather than later, for better results. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...oomHD960PwGKfgfcSBIaTEzPQl4tSu50CwRViSebbzg4c
"Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 9.0% during week 25 to 5.9% during week 26, representing the tenth week of a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC"

I am still so totally bummed that we got moved to Caribbean Beach resort. I really don't want to stay there at all. I was really wishing some kind of discount would come out so I could move up to a deluxe property but it looks like nothing will be available for the rest of the year. I just really hate to stay at a hotel I don't want to be at.

I am still so totally bummed that we got moved to Caribbean Beach resort. I really don't want to stay there at all. I was really wishing some kind of discount would come out so I could move up to a deluxe property but it looks like nothing will be available for the rest of the year. I just really hate to stay at a hotel I don't want to be at.

you could always move down to value!
That's what our other family members did. Was staying at Coronado, got offered Caribbean...declined because it's not really an 'upgrade' for having a protected price.
Since the rest of the party is staying at AoA/POP for the Skyliner , they opted for POP and saved quite a bit of money doing so.

clearly if you were at a moderate you wouldn't have wanted to be moved to a value
but my .02$

sigh of relief that we got our dining reservations this morning for all that we wanted.
we have a group of 8, but we got:
9/6--Biergarten for party of 8 dinner
9/7--yak and yeti for two parties of 4 lunch
9/8 -- BoG for party of 8 lunch
9/10 -- Sci Fi for party of 4 dinner

happy with our choices and availability!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter