• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September crew... what are you doing?

How did it go, canyoncam? Did you get your reservations?

Got them after 2.5 hours logging in! But haven’t been able to switch my room from ASMu to Pop yet. Was on hold for 2.5 hours and got a CM that wanted to charge more to move. I asked for Guest Services as this should be price protected. Another 4.5 hours on hold before I had to leave work and drive home. No cell service on road so lost the call and will try tomorrow. If I can’t get it then I’ll rebook for May. Have an inactivated AP so was able to book park days then. Not sure I’d use the AP in May as I want a GOOD years use out of it. So will book a package. And ALL depends on new cases improving.

We’re scheduled for 9/22-10/01 and plan to go, however, we’re from New York (NOT the city, though!) so it’s going to depend on if they still have that forced quarantine for all of NY state 🙄 can’t do 14 days and then ANOTHER week for Disney lol

Got them after 2.5 hours logging in! But haven’t been able to switch my room from ASMu to Pop yet. Was on hold for 2.5 hours and got a CM that wanted to charge more to move. I asked for Guest Services as this should be price protected. Another 4.5 hours on hold before I had to leave work and drive home. No cell service on road so lost the call and will try tomorrow. If I can’t get it then I’ll rebook for May. Have an inactivated AP so was able to book park days then. Not sure I’d use the AP in May as I want a GOOD years use out of it. So will book a package. And ALL depends on new cases improving.
It took me 2.5 hours this morning. But I got park reservations.

The resort change sounds like a nightmare. I booked POP so I'm good.

It took me 2.75 hours to get my July park passes. I wasn't able to get September until 8 30pm due whatever the heck was going on with their system.

I haven't even looked at May 2021.

If it were me, I’d wait and let Disney move you. You don’t list your dates but if the AS aren’t open, they’ll move you to POP anyway. Why stress in the phone trying to do something that will probably happen automatically.

If it were me, I’d wait and let Disney move you. You don’t list your dates but if the AS aren’t open, they’ll move you to POP anyway. Why stress in the phone trying to do something that will probably happen automatically.
Because they aren't doing that anymore. If you do not contact them, they are canceling your reservation seven days prior to your check-in.

Wow, sorry I missed that. Another method of capacity control? Seems odd that they’d cancel already scheduled business but everything is odd these days. In this case I wish you luck in getting the switch.

September 3-7! At the Polynesian! Got everything we needed!

Thursday: Springs
Friday: MK
Saturday: HS
Sunday: Epcot
Monday: CityWalk

September 3-7! At the Polynesian! Got everything we needed!

Did they upgrade you to Polynesian? I am seeing people start to get fairly screwed with the downgrades now. I couldn't imagine sitting on hold for 4+ hours like some here. So much more dedication... and now without the upgrade possibilities I think we are going to just throw in the Sept towel.

got all our sept park ressies and trying for our april dates with no success.
sept 24 mk, 25 dhs, 26 ep, 27 mk, 28 ak, 29 mk.

Did they upgrade you to Polynesian? I am seeing people start to get fairly screwed with the downgrades now. I couldn't imagine sitting on hold for 4+ hours like some here. So much more dedication... and now without the upgrade possibilities I think we are going to just throw in the Sept towel.

They did. I was at the Beach Club and they moved us to the Polynesian. Can’t complain. Very lucky!

Got our park reservations done, but still doesn't mean we are 100% go. Lots to watch over the next few weeks/months before we make that final decision.

This is exactly what we're doing as well, given that it's DD's first trip and fireworks, character meet and greets, and so on are going to be more important than normal.

Ya same here, we are now looking into next winter / spring. It would be nice to get an upgrade from Coronado but with people getting downgrades now... sigh

I think I got lucky. I logged in around 8:30 am and was in the "holding pattern" screen for about 30 minutes. After that, it took maybe 5 minutes to get the parks I wanted for my solo trip (Sept 25-Oct 3rd) and I was even able to go back and change two of them half an hour later.
I'm booked at Pop and my TA thinks I'll get to stay there and not be moved. I honestly wouldn't mind getting moved since I wasn't in love with Pop's themeing in the first place and was thinking of changing resorts before all of this happened.
Right now, I'm moving forward as if I'm going. I'm in the dental field so I wear a mask all day anyway, I have no problem with the mask mandate. Small price to pay to keep myself and my neighbors safe. I am dissapointed about the halloween party and fireworks, but I also sort of welcome the chance to slow it down and experience the parks in a less hectic way. I think I'm going to invest in some Disney trivia/guide books and spend some time searching out the hidden treasures. :) That being said, I'm still waiting to see what happens with the Covid cases rising in florida. If it looks like it's going to be too risky, I'll probably cancel. Very much in "wait and see" mode.

Third time's a charm. Had Beach Club booked for April. My girlfriend and I were supposed to be at the Wilderness Lodge this week. We were able to move our res to the Boardwalk Villas 9/26 - 9/30. Had to pay a rack rate upcharge because we had a smokin deal on the Wilderness Lodge. We picked the BWV so we could walk to HS and EPCOT. It took a couple of hours, but got our Park Passes yesterday.
6/26 - EPCOT
6/27 - HS
6/28 - MK
6/29 - HS
6/30 - AK
We will be celebrating my girlfriend's birthday in the parks!

We are (for the time being anyways....). We're DVC and had our May trip canceled so I have so many points i dont want to lose.

Got both trips booked. 12 days in September and 10 in January. September was easy. Had to wait until this morning to finally get January

Got all the days parks on the days I wanted and it took under 45 minutes yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter