September crew... what are you doing?

I have the first 2 weeks in Oct booked at POFQ for my annual trip. I go for the F&WF but would still happily go if they cancelled it. BUT, I struggle with wearing a mask. My claustrophobia kicks in and I start feeling like I can't breath then get a panic attack, lots of fun. That would be the only thing that would make me cancel is if they still required face masks. I am holding onto the reservation for now because I got a really good rate at the resort and I have an AP. The most frustrating thing is the lack of information. If they came out and said, "these are the requirements as long as the state is in this phase and it will change to this...etc", then we can all plan and a bit more. But the slow information dribble is annoying, especially for such a big company that should have its stuff together.

All my opinion here...
I really think that Disney has a plan in place.... but all the execs are sworn to secrecy for now. They have a plan A, plan B and plan C ready to roll.....
They are waiting and watching.... to see what happens at places like Universal and Sea World, to see what happens globally!
So.... if "this?" happens..... plan A goes into effect.
If .... "this?" happens.... plan B, etc.

However.... in the meantime... doing this .... are they losing the faith and trust that so many of the Disney fans have in them?
I really question if they are considering what all this lack of information will do to the brand and its reliability or popularity in the long run? I think they are doing some long term damage.

But.... it is a waiting game for sure!!!
I am one of those waiting.... but I am lucky and flexible enough to be able to change/cancel last minute if I have to.
I certainly hope to be there in Sept...... with NO mask and to be able to hop from park to park ..... and for Food and Wine!! But the next 60-75 days will certainly decide that.

Hope to see all you folks in Sept!!!

I booked flight for Sep 12-19 ...hoping 14 day quarantine in Canada lifts by then; and that Westjet is flying to Orlando via YYC by then. (they cancelled July's flights)

I've been trying to practice with the mask - i.e. if I have to be in closer proximity to people; because otherwise, I just avoid people. Don't have to wear a mask if I'm not near anybody :)

I realllllly need a vacation. I know its a risk, but I will do everything I need to do to mitigate the risk if I can just go to WDW.

Staying at Pop Sept 8th-13th. Had upgraded free dining, booked a looooong time ago.

I haven’t heard anything.... It’s a trip with my two adult daughters. It’s up to them what they want to do. They are kicking around switching to Universal. Time will tell.

Biggest question is, will POP be open then.

If Pop isn’t open, I imagine we’ll get moved to a different resort. Don’t think they will leave us high and dry.

If Pop isn’t open, I imagine we’ll get moved to a different resort. Don’t think they will leave us high and dry.

They could cancel all value resorts, or say we need to rebook a different resort. Just because they have moved others now, doesn’t mean they will continue to move people, especially in the values.

We shall see.

We are still booked for Sept and we are holding on to see what Disney does next. We have a club level room booked and right now all club is cancelled but we are hoping it will change. I really dislike not being able to plan things now and having all my ADR's cancelled but we will hang on and hope for some magic!

They could cancel all value resorts, or say we need to rebook a different resort. Just because they have moved others now, doesn’t mean they will continue to move people, especially in the values.

We shall see.

I choose to be optimistic about it. And since Pop is on the gondola route and I believe one criteria for opening is transportation options other than buses, I’m going with Pop and AOA will open. Just MHO.

Sept 24-25 and Sept 28-30. We have one night before our Disney Cruise booked at BW and our plan is to stay two nights after our cruise to attend MNSSHP. But we haven’t booked the two nights following the cruise, or bought tickets. I’m DVC, so it won’t be a problem making that reservation. However if MNSSHP isn’t happening or if we can’t get tickets, we will try Universal instead. My sister has never been to Universal, so she is on board either way.

If the cruise is cancelled we will try to switch to just a WDW trip, but that would be depending on being able to get park tickets....

Our flight are already booked.

I booked flight for Sep 12-19 ...hoping 14 day quarantine in Canada lifts by then; and that Westjet is flying to Orlando via YYC by then. (they cancelled July's flights)

I've been trying to practice with the mask - i.e. if I have to be in closer proximity to people; because otherwise, I just avoid people. Don't have to wear a mask if I'm not near anybody :)

I realllllly need a vacation. I know its a risk, but I will do everything I need to do to mitigate the risk if I can just go to WDW.

Me too! I had money in my travel bank from cancelling our original April trip and was holding off rebooking until we knew more about the border but pulled the trigger this weekend when the prices dropped! Still have free cancellation but here's hoping we can go on Sept 27!

We are scheduled for late Sept for a conference and then planning to stay at UO with some Disney park visits afterward. No changes for us yet.

All my opinion here...
I really think that Disney has a plan in place.... but all the execs are sworn to secrecy for now. They have a plan A, plan B and plan C ready to roll.....
They are waiting and watching.... to see what happens at places like Universal and Sea World, to see what happens globally!
So.... if "this?" happens..... plan A goes into effect.
If .... "this?" happens.... plan B, etc.

However.... in the meantime... doing this .... are they losing the faith and trust that so many of the Disney fans have in them?
I really question if they are considering what all this lack of information will do to the brand and its reliability or popularity in the long run? I think they are doing some long term damage.

But.... it is a waiting game for sure!!!
I am one of those waiting.... but I am lucky and flexible enough to be able to change/cancel last minute if I have to.
I certainly hope to be there in Sept...... with NO mask and to be able to hop from park to park ..... and for Food and Wine!! But the next 60-75 days will certainly decide that.

Hope to see all you folks in Sept!!!

Totally agree with this opinion. As someone who is working on planning a large medical conference for 30,000 attendees in March 2021, we definitely have Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan.... Everyone is looking to see what everyone else is doing. It's just a waiting game at this point.

I was willing to deal with the inconveniences, such as wearing a face mask. The recent rise in COVID cases in Florida has me worried, though. I see this getting worse, not better. Kudos to Disney for letting Universal make the first move.

Then there's the executive order, which has me restricted from going, anyway. Again, with the rise in COVID cases throughout Florida, I don't see it getting lifted anytime soon.

Holding onto hope, but choosing to view this realistically.

We are still on the bubble. 2 months ago things on the upper east coast were a hot mess and now things seem to be leveling off. 3 months by the time we go in September who knows what Florida will look like. Since they've changed the cancellation to closer to the time of travel for now we are just holding tight and watching what happens.

We have a trip planned for the last week of September at Caribbean Beach Resort. The way things are going we are looking at most likely canceling our stay on-site and going with a hotel off property. With no real perks offered to on-site hotel guests I can not see the benefit right now. Plus we decided on CBR for the Skyliner and I don't believe its scheduled to be running as of now. From there we may focus more on Universal, SeaWorld, and Busch Gardens, and fit Disney in if we can score a reservation.

We have a trip planned for the last week of September at Caribbean Beach Resort. The way things are going we are looking at most likely canceling our stay on-site and going with a hotel off property. With no real perks offered to on-site hotel guests I can not see the benefit right now. Plus we decided on CBR for the Skyliner and I don't believe its scheduled to be running as of now. From there we may focus more on Universal, SeaWorld, and Busch Gardens, and fit Disney in if we can score a reservation.
We are also booked at CBR.... where did you see that the skyliner is not scheduled to run? If that's the case .... that would be one more reason added to the "let's cancel" list. :( We specifically picked CBR because of the skyliner and the access to Epcot for Food and Wine. :sad1:

We are also booked at CBR.... where did you see that the skyliner is not scheduled to run? If that's the case .... that would be one more reason added to the "let's cancel" list. :( We specifically picked CBR because of the skyliner and the access to Epcot for Food and Wine. :sad1:
I do not have clarification on the skyliner I have just noticed Disney has made no mention of it so far. I would assume the skyliner would be difficult to maintain their cleaning standards on since the gondolas are pretty much constantly moving. Disney has been pretty tip lipped on transportation even with the buses.

We have a trip booked for the week of labor day and soooo many questions need to be answered for us to decide if we are going. We didn't have tickets yet because we weren't sure how much time we'd spend at parks since a big reason for this trip was to finally go to a Halloween party and spend most other time doing non-park things. We need to find out...Will we even be able to buy park tickets? Will the Halloween Parties even happen? If they do happen will they be actually worth it if there will be no parades, fireworks or meet and greets? Will our resort be open? If not, where will we be moved? Will we even be able to travel to Florida since we live in NY? What will the situation even be like in Florida since cases are currently trending up?

Obviously some of these questions Disney can't answer but there's so much info we don't have yet from Disney. In the timeline of things with this pandemic, September is pretty darn far away. So we just have no idea what to do yet. We have another Disney trip planned for the first week of December. While that seems more likely, who knows what it will be like then.

Still hoping we get to go, but being realistic. We are booked 9/23-10/6 at two rooms in POP with 10 day tickets for me, my husband, by mom and our almost 2 year old son and 4year old daughter. We got the recovery plan because our trip in May got cancelled. And we had to cancel a trip to Hawaii so I'm really REALLY hoping we get to go. My husband and I are both healthcare workers and we desperately need at least one vacation to pan out haha. Every time I pick a line and say "I will cancel if..." then I push the line back hahaha. So now we are willing to go with masks, no characters, no dining reservations, no fast pass, no fireworks, no parade hahaha.

For us it will come down to two things...
1) if the COVID cases are still high in Florida (or if they get so high in California that they start making us quarantine when we travel)

2) if the lines are long. Even though the capacity will be limited, Im worried that with the increased cleaning, social distancing, and lack of fast pass that lines will be long. My husband and I would not care one bit but long lines with 2 little kids is going to tip the scales for us so I am anxious to see how the lines on in July and Aug before we decide whether or not to cancel.

Just reading everyone else thought process is helping my type A brain during this time of waiting with no definitive plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter