September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

I am totally ready! It has been a heck of a summer, and I am exhausted. Am ready for sea days and sitting on deck 4 chairs reading good books!

Me, too! Deck 4! I am bringing 4 books. One autobiography, 1 non fiction, and two 'chick lit' books. Bit concerned I am overpacking the books BUT better to have one that NOT have one. Drives me crazy not having something to read. Also loaded some videos on my iPad which, again, might be overkill.

My local grocery store chain (Publix) is offering a $10 gift card if you get a flu shot, so I just did that. I figure maybe it will help - airports and the ship - there's just so much Purell can do.

Hoping to just chill, as in relax, not freeze. Looks like Cork is in the mid 50's at night, but mid 60's during the day. I don't think I'll mind some cool weather!

Me, too! Deck 4! I am bringing 4 books. One autobiography, 1 non fiction, and two 'chick lit' books. Bit concerned I am overpacking the books BUT better to have one that NOT have one. Drives me crazy not having something to read. Also loaded some videos on my iPad which, again, might be overkill.

My local grocery store chain (Publix) is offering a $10 gift card if you get a flu shot, so I just did that. I figure maybe it will help - airports and the ship - there's just so much Purell can do.

Hoping to just chill, as in relax, not freeze. Looks like Cork is in the mid 50's at night, but mid 60's during the day. I don't think I'll mind some cool weather!

As much as I love the feel of a book, this is where having a kindle comes in handy. I can bring as many books as I want without adding weight.

Just checked the disneycruiselineblog.com to see what the weather is going to be like. On the 9th it is showing Dover to be partly rainy and between 60-65 degrees. Portland is shown to be between 50 and 59 degrees. Seems like i will be bringing more layers, sweaters, and a Jacket. Of course the weather will change 10 times between now and then. Haha.

I have all the ports on my Weather.com app and all cities are showing daytime temperatures of 60 - 65. It was 95 today in Nashville so I can't wait! The last several times I have been to Europe it has been way warmer than I expected including Switzerland in November! It was in the 70's. In the ALPS! Layers are a good idea any time of year. And you're right, it might change. Nice that we have a 3 day weekend to pack! I still just have piles.

And still no cabin assignment . . . .

Have you called Disney about your cabin? I would be nervous if I were you! It is a feel like temp of 105 here in Leesburg today so I am with you when I say, bring on the 60s!!!

At this point, I feel like I have reservations at a 4 star hotel - and I'll find out my room number when I get there? I saved $1000 by not choosing a cabin and I have checked, there are still cabins available for sale on this cruise so I don't think I'll be homeless! The ONLY cabin still left that I do NOT want, which would be an upgrade, is #5006, which has several reviews citing the noise from the theater shows. Watch, that's what I'll get! At which point I will turn it down and ask for anytning else, even a downgrade to an inside cabin.

Heading to bed at 10PM and it's still 80 . . . . .

Hoping the weather cooperates for all out flights. Chicago has had some cancellations due to thunderstorms. I have to change planes there. At that point I might have to rent a car. 14 hour drive. I'd JUST make my flight to London . . . fingers crossed that won't happen.

Definitely staterooms available. Somebody just added their kids this week.

At this point, I feel like I have reservations at a 4 star hotel - and I'll find out my room number when I get there? I saved $1000 by not choosing a cabin and I have checked, there are still cabins available for sale on this cruise so I don't think I'll be homeless! The ONLY cabin still left that I do NOT want, which would be an upgrade, is #5006, which has several reviews citing the noise from the theater shows. Watch, that's what I'll get! At which point I will turn it down and ask for anytning else, even a downgrade to an inside cabin.

Heading to bed at 10PM and it's still 80 . . . . .

Hoping the weather cooperates for all out flights. Chicago has had some cancellations due to thunderstorms. I have to change planes there. At that point I might have to rent a car. 14 hour drive. I'd JUST make my flight to London . . . fingers crossed that won't happen.

Check your reservation a bunch of people got their room assignments today:)

4 days to go....still not fully packed but almost but too much going on this weekend ACK! :crazy2::scared:

Not packed here either! I have some key things out that I do not want to forget...lanyard, cruise docs, tickets for Hamilton and Harry Potter, our ears-name plate for the door on the cruise...(haha). Tomorrow is the big day for putting everything out and buying new shoes!

PICK UP FOR DCL TRANSER FROM LONDON HEATHROW for passengers not staying at a DCL hotel

Just receive this back today:

7/19/18
Hi Lee,
I rechecked with my Embarkation Guest Services and they assured me it is still Terminal 3 at the Arrivals section at 11:00a.m. There will be several Disney Cruise Line Representatives there to offer assistance. You can certainly arrive earlier if you like.
I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.
Have a Magical Day!
Anna
Hi lee hope you are enjoying London. Did you ever call them this week to see if anything changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter