September 2023 Aulani Trip - Complete

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Just arrived September 21…long direct flight from East Coast! Great flight on Hawaiian Airlines took a long time to get luggage in Honolulu. And who designed that airport??? Longest walk ever to retrieve luggage.
Top Limo picked us up…one of the great suggestions that I found on this site.
I have been watching videos, looking at photos since before we booked seven months ago. The resort is even more beautiful in person.
Staying in a one bedroom villa, ocean view.
First nights dinner at Off the Hook…Tuna entree was amazing and husband loved Caesar Salad with Mahi.
Looking forward to an amazing ten day stay!

Attachments

• IMG_5197.jpeg
    IMG_5197.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5195.jpeg
    IMG_5195.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 31
Day 2…Part I...Up at three AM and couldn’t get back to sleep…this sort of set the tone for the day as I was exhausted.
Had Instacart delivery night before so breakfast was in our room.
Headed out for some exploring of resort and lagoons…made it down to marina which we explored.
Back at Aulani we stopped by DVC for some swag…bag, stickers and lanyards. Then headed to Monkeypod for lunch and ABC store for miscellaneous stuff. We both got the fish tacos…Yum!IMG_5199.jpegIMG_5200.jpegIMG_5201.jpeg

Day 2…Part 2- After 6+ miles of walking and lack of sleep a nap was definitely called for before the Luau at Aulani tonight.
We reserved preferred seating and arrived at 4:40 to already find a line!
We were seated at the end of a table, nearest to stage, second group of tables facing stage near middle aisle. Great seats!
Didn’t care for signature drink but mai tais were yummy! Food was good…standouts for us were purple mashed potatoes, tuna poke, and pulled pork (made our own little sliders with the rolls). Deserts were good, not much of a desert person!
Entertainment was excellent…Though expensive we felt it was worth the $200 price tag!IMG_5210.jpegIMG_5208.jpeg

took a long time to get luggage in Honolulu. And who designed that airport??? Longest walk ever to retrieve luggage.
Funny you mention this. I've never minded the walk from the plane to baggage claim mainly because I was so happy to get off that plane! I also liked the open air sections of the walk. Baggage clam itself is indeed a lousy experience.

FWIW, it's still better than arriving at JFK from international origins.

Funny you mention this. I've never minded the walk from the plane to baggage claim mainly because I was so happy to get off that plane! I also liked the open air sections of the walk. Baggage clam itself is indeed a lousy experience.

FWIW, it's still better than arriving at JFK from international origins.
The walk was well loved after the JFK flight…waiting thirty five minutes at baggage carousel…not so much!

Day 3…Started the morning early (internal time clock still way off) with a walk down the beach past Four Seasons almost to Secret Beach, absolutely stunning, and grabbed some chairs near infinity pool. The adult jacuzzi is beautiful…and we also did two laps around the lazy river. Definitely more people walking with tubes rather than floating, Don’t quite get that! Unfortunately lots of young kids attempting to swim rather than use the tubes and at times swimming under us!
Breakfast was in the room and lunch were sandwiches we made with Instacart delivery.
Dinner at Makahiki was delicious…we started with Caesar Salad and Iceberg wedge, for our entrees, fish special (tuna) and sirloin steak, for dessert we chose the Pineapple Cobbler and warm chocolate toffee brownie, as well as, special anniversary dessert! Another fabulous day!
IMG_5222.jpegIMG_5223.jpegIMG_5227.jpegIMG_5231.jpegIMG_5219.jpegIMG_5218.jpegIMG_5215.jpeg

Day 4…
It’s our anniversary and after a nice a nice walk, we went to DVC seminar on Interval Exchange and viewed 3-bedroom! Amazing view, room. Still not sure of value of Interval Exchange but feel more confident navigating the website if we want to use this option.
Just a big shout out to Housekeeping today…freshened up room and left us this!IMG_5243.jpeg
Brunch at La Hiki, Four Seasons…pricey but delicious…seafood was amazing, pork roast, eggs Benedict and Roast Beef…
IMG_5248.jpeg
Beautiful resort…

IMG_5244.jpegIMG_5245.jpegIMG_5249.jpeg
Finished up the day by relaxing at pool…hard to find a spot without towels left behind and without sun in PM!
Dinner was in room, after an amazing sunset! Good night Aulani!
IMG_5261.jpeg

viewed 3-bedroom! Amazing view, room.
Yes, those are amazing! I've been fortunate enough to stay in the grand villas on our Aulani visits.
Still not sure of value of Interval Exchange
Agree. I bought DVC to stay at the DVC resorts.
Brunch at La Hiki, Four Seasons…pricey but delicious…seafood was amazing, pork roast, eggs Benedict and Roast Beef…
Good to know. Filing this away for our next trip.

Yes, those are amazing! I've been fortunate enough to stay in the grand villas on our Aulani visits.

Agree. I bought DVC to stay at the DVC resorts.

Good to know. Filing this away for our next trip.
Lucky you to have stayed in Grand Villa…we also viewed the two bedrooms, lock off and dedicated. Extra half bath in dedicated would sway me towards that option!

Day 5….Finally a good night’s sleep! Husband went down early to get beach chairs. We finally found a set that stays in the shade most of the day. Lower level, front of AMA AMA overlooking beach. Probably not a good spot if you have small kids in pool, but perfect for reading and avoiding getting too much sun!
They were doing some sand restoration on beach today and despite not having half of the chairs out. There was plenty of lounge chairs to be found.IMG_5270.jpeg

Dinner tonight was at Michael Miina’s Fish House, very pricey but delicious! Started with seasonal salad,and Caesar salad served in endive with crab. IMG_5291.jpeg
Dinner was was hoo perfectly prepared and lobster pot pie…probably one of the best things I have ever eaten!IMG_5295.jpegIMG_5297.jpegDesert were yummy malasadas …IMG_5300.jpeg

And a yummy surprise chocolate treat! Great meal with great views, though a bit pricey…a bottle of with a little bottle of wine and tip $400.
IMG_5299.jpegIMG_5298.jpegIMG_5278.jpegIMG_5293.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5292.jpeg
    IMG_5292.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 15
Happy Anniversary. Love looking at your pictures. We were lucky enough to go last May. Hoping someday we can go back. We are also from the East, we were lucky the flight going over was spaced out enough to stretch your legs. The way home, not so much.

Happy Anniversary. Love looking at your pictures. We were lucky enough to go last May. Hoping someday we can go back. We are also from the East, we were lucky the flight going over was spaced out enough to stretch your legs. The way home, not so much.
Thanks…yes, the flight was tough! Gearing up for trip home tomorrow! 😞

Day 6…Today we did the Circle Majestic Tour through E Noa booked through Aulani. Driver was very knowledgeable, kept the tour moving but beware if you’re last one on bus at each stop, you hula for your bus mates!
Some of our stops included Nu’luana Pall Lookout, Macademia Nut Farm (just a touristy place with flavored nuts to try), Waimea Falls and Gardens, Dole Plantation and a stop for Malasadas from Leonard’s.

IMG_5303.jpegIMG_5312.jpegIMG_5317.jpegIMG_5321.jpegIMG_5327.jpegIMG_5329.jpegIMG_5333.jpegIMG_5335.jpegFavorite part of tour was Waimea Falls and nature walk…Disappointed with Dole Plantation as it’s more of a tourist trap with souvenirs and Dole Whip. All in all, it was a fun excursion and helped us to get an overview of some key spots!
Dinner was at Off the Hook…Mahi-Mahi and Salmon…both delicious! No wait…resort has felt much emptier the last two days!

Favorite part of tour was Waimea Falls and nature walk…Disappointed with Dole Plantation as it’s more of a tourist trap with souvenirs and Dole Whip.
Waimea Falls is amazing. Quite a hike but some great scenery.

Agree about Dole. It's a definite one and done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter