• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**September 2019**

Is there an updated list of where the Uber drop off at each park is? We are staying off-site and depending how the bus timing works we may opt to Uber over and then catch the Dis Springs buses back at night. TIA

Is that because too many days would be lost with parks closed or it would be dangerous to be there?
I am on the fence as to whether to cancel or not. If I get down there, I have no doubt that I'd be SAFE in a WDW resort. But am I going to miss out on half my park days because they're closed? Am I going to get evacuated out? Am I going ot be confined to my resort only (honestly, I don't think that would be terrible... couple of board games, a couple of good books, a couple of skeins of yarn to knit/crochet in the lobby....) But as DH puts it, it's an awfully expensive way to sit in a hotel to use up our vacation days and watch the rain.

We are supposed to arrive Sat mid-day, (not a park day for us). Dorian is supposed to hit Sun night/Mon morning and last through Tues. Park days Wed, Thurs, and half Fri before flying out? ??? That scams us out of at least half our ADRs and most of our FP. :worried: Worth the money/trip, or a waste of a trip to WDW? I told DH that I'll bet crowds would be way light! :rotfl2:

Is that because too many days would be lost with parks closed or it would be dangerous to be there?

Category 4 is something serious if it even makes landfall. I definitely wouldn’t cancel for a TS/Cat1/2 and probably even 3. 4 is tricky even for my Carolina soul. It depends on the path.

Since I go to Disney fairly often, I’d still go cause WDW is really really safe even during Hurricanes. Locals book WDW cause of how safe it is even. However, if this was my once every blue moon or once in a lifetime, I’d not even chance losing a few days.

I am on the fence as to whether to cancel or not. If I get down there, I have no doubt that I'd be SAFE in a WDW resort. But am I going to miss out on half my park days because they're closed? Am I going to get evacuated out? Am I going ot be confined to my resort only (honestly, I don't think that would be terrible... couple of board games, a couple of good books, a couple of skeins of yarn to knit/crochet in the lobby....) But as DH puts it, it's an awfully expensive way to sit in a hotel to use up our vacation days and watch the rain.

We are supposed to arrive Sat mid-day, (not a park day for us). Dorian is supposed to hit Sun night/Mon morning and last through Tues. Park days Wed, Thurs, and half Fri before flying out? ??? That scams us out of at least half our ADRs and most of our FP. :worried: Worth the money/trip, or a waste of a trip to WDW? I told DH that I'll bet crowds would be way light! :rotfl2:

I’ve spent the last three days trying to figure out what to do. I don’t want to rebook anytime soon because I wouldn’t get the fast passes dining and Galaxy’s Edge reservations that I have now. I also don’t want to pay that much money to only get to the parks a few days around the storm. Plus you never know if it will stall and rain all week. Will we be more angry if we go and spend the whole time in the hotel or if we cancel and then the storm turns and it’s the emptiest week ever?

I’m probably going to rebook for at least 6 months out and start again. Irma ruined the last few days of my 2017 trip and now this. I always choose September for the low attendance but I think I may have reached my limit.

Category 4 is something serious if it even makes landfall. I definitely wouldn’t cancel for a TS/Cat1/2 and probably even 3. 4 is tricky even for my Carolina soul. It depends on the path.

Since I go to Disney fairly often, I’d still go cause WDW is really really safe even during Hurricanes. Locals book WDW cause of how safe it is even. However, if this was my once every blue moon or once in a lifetime, I’d not even chance losing a few days.

I considered staying for Irma but then got scared at the last minute with all the media coverage. I think it’s just fear of the unknown. If I knew it would pass quickly I would be ok but that nagging doubt about worst case scenario sticks in my mind.

Not so much doing the happy dance now...

Scheduled to land MCO 6:30AM on the 3rd. I was in The World two days before Irma hit and have no issue being there for this one. But getting there is another story. I'm keeping my eyes on all the reports.

Reactions: wx1
Decided to cancel last night. I'm really sad:( but it feels to unsafe to fly in Sat night and leave Thursday. I know we will be save at Disney but no one knows if we even arrive at Orlando or if we will be able to go home in time. We have to work next week and our animals at home need care to be arranged so too many questions. Not sure what my Airline will offer, there is nothing out yet. For everyone going, be Safe und make the best.

Who else is crying real tears due to having to cancel? I'm absolutely devastated. All of the months of planning, all of the blog posts read, the podcasts, all of the work going into planning each day, all gone. And work for my husband and I gets crazy after this month so we are unable to reschedule on such short notice and make a quick decision on when to go back. We will make it there one day, it just won't be now.

My heart hurts for everyone needing to cancel. I read that Orlando is not likely to be a good evacuation zone but does that necessarily mean they will close?? I really don't know. I'm from the bitter cold northeast US. We detoured around Florence last year to get to Disney. Nothing was going to stop us but there may be no way around Dorian. We were told not to risk it but it went perfectly. Best of luck and be safe either way.

Are there different numbers to call regarding rescheduling/canceling reservations? The one I have says “all circuits are busy”. I’m sure all circuits ARE busy lol but I was just wondering if there is another number worth trying. Thanks

Who else is crying real tears due to having to cancel? I'm absolutely devastated. All of the months of planning, all of the blog posts read, the podcasts, all of the work going into planning each day, all gone. And work for my husband and I gets crazy after this month so we are unable to reschedule on such short notice and make a quick decision on when to go back. We will make it there one day, it just won't be now.

This exactly. So much planning and stress and work all for nothing. I was so happy to get Cantina and Savi’s reservations after months of wondering how it would all work. We had all the fast passes and dining we wanted. Now we get to start all over again.

:guilty:

Sorry to those who have had to cancel or postpone. We had to cancel a Myrtle Beach vacation last year because of Florence, so I know how disappointing it is. I hope that you get to reschedule for sometime in the near future.

And for those still in the storm’s path, stay safe and I hope you and your families come through it okay.

Reactions: wx1
I hate that so many are having to cancel or even think about having to cancel. So many hours of planning. We have traveled 2 times already in Sept and have gotten lucky. I’m sure someday that will change. Hope everyone in its path stay safe.

Are there different numbers to call regarding rescheduling/canceling reservations? The one I have says “all circuits are busy”. I’m sure all circuits ARE busy lol but I was just wondering if there is another number worth trying. Thanks
Chat even says it's busy! I had gotten through earlier this morning (like before 8 am EST) but had to hang up to answer a call from the airline. (Not worth it - the guy from delta was RUDE!). Since then I've called about once every half hour and "all circuits are busy."

Not even sure if we're going to cancel yet.... We're scheduled to fly out at 9am and land at MCO at 11:15 tomorrow. If we end up going, it's either going to be the best trip to WDW or worst.... there will be no middle ground.

On a fun note, we got DD rain boots last night, and this morning, she asked if I'd go get the same ones in a different color so we can match. When your teenager still wants to match with her mom, you soak that opportunity UP!

Such a bummer how the tone of this thread has changed from we are so excited to be leaving soon to OMG there is a hurricane we have to cancel. 😥. I feel so sad for everyone impacted by this beast.

Just moved my flight from 2:20 pm on Wednesday to 7:30 am on Thursday. Hoping this will be enough time for airport open and flights on some sort of schedule. Now on hold with DVC. Hoping the planes are at the airport on Thursday morning is another concern of mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter