**September 2019**

We are sticking with the plan to arrive Saturday. We might hit up a park instead of check out the resort - I figure there is an excellent chance we will be skipping Sunday or Monday in the parks (depending on timing) so we can make up the missing day there. Sure it won't be as well planned, but it will be a new adventure.

I can't help but feel like embracing the madness is a common theme with this trip :D

We moved our flight up two hours on Saturday with SW! The earlier the better I think at this point! I think Monday will be a complete washout... but whatever, as long as I can get there!
Hoping it works out for all of us who will be traveling this weekend!!

Just moved our arrival up 2 days. Now we're arriving early Saturday morning with 2 nights at Coronado. We have tickets for MNSSHP on Monday but no actual park days until Tuesday. Hoping if the party is canceled we can switch to a different night during our stay.

Info for AA: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

If the weather does become a legit issue, they will update this page to include impacted areas.

Great input on this forum related to the hurricanes, etc. I will say this: when we were there in 2017, Irma decided to shut Disney down. My family was fortunate enough to already be booked on the last SW flight out of MCO. Even though I didn't have to utilize it, I was ultra impressed with Disney. The morning of our flight, a CM came to our room, handed us a 2 page "awareness/info sheet" and advised she would be our host during the hurricane. She said she would be staying in the building and making sure everyone was safe and had adequate food/water. This was at Poly.

For everyone going, I hope the storm moves back into the ocean. My wife and I leave MCO at 9:30 Monday morning.

I’m wondering if a Saturday evening flight would make it in. Also would we feel safe there? Booked at universal 2 nights but wondering if I should switch to Disney from the start. Otherwise it’s looking like we probably can’t make it there until Wednesday now if we wait.

I think at this point, we’re going to just get down there and see how it goes. We’ve been spoiled with ideal weather (or plan-able weather) on our past trips, so DH says we’re “due.” Ha!

So, logistic question- what shoes can you wear in the rain every day and not kill your feet with “disney walking?” I’m thinking about bringing down my Hunter Wellies, but we are flying and they’re awfully large to pack. And they don’t match my clothes.... I guess I could wear one pair on the plane but that will be uncomfortable (and look rather hilarious) for the trip down.

I'm watching the crowd pictures today for Star Wars Land and I'm like :oops:

Totally thinking I may skip that section of HS this trip -- we haven't even seen Toy Story Land yet! It wasn't open the last time we went to Disney --- We might just stay in there during the EEMH and then go to breakfast -- we have FP for the regular areas of the park for the rest of the day.

I'm watching the crowd pictures today for Star Wars Land and I'm like :oops:

Totally thinking I may skip that section of HS this trip -- we haven't even seen Toy Story Land yet! It wasn't open the last time we went to Disney --- We might just stay in there during the EEMH and then go to breakfast -- we have FP for the regular areas of the park for the rest of the day.
I know, some photos on other threads showing where the lines end just for say the milk stand, or crazy! But it's opening day and no EEMH, so who knows what the park will look like in a few week.

We go in 30 days! I am so happy we have a month to see how the crowds come and go.

I just looked at the HS wait times and TSL didn't look bad. Is that a glitch? Holy moly those 6am crowds.....🤤 I'm not going anywhere near SW if it's like that. We go in a few weeks though. Sending best wishes about the hurricane. Be safe.

I just looked at the HS wait times and TSL didn't look bad. Is that a glitch? Holy moly those 6am crowds.....🤤 I'm not going anywhere near SW if it's like that. We go in a few weeks though. Sending best wishes about the hurricane. Be safe.

Someone posted in the opening day for SWGE thread that they couldn't get into GE so they walked around and did SDD 3x in a row, then TSM a couple times, then Alien Saucers, then went over and rode RnR and ToT a couple times. So yes the other rides have virtually very little lines. Also I guess FoP only has a 30 minute wait after opening so EVERYONE is trying to do SWGE and hardly anything else.

Someone posted in the opening day for SWGE thread that they couldn't get into GE so they walked around and did SDD 3x in a row, then TSM a couple times, then Alien Saucers, then went over and rode RnR and ToT a couple times. So yes the other rides have virtually very little lines. Also I guess FoP only has a 30 minute wait after opening so EVERYONE is trying to do SWGE and hardly anything else.
My brother is there now, sending me photos of him and his DGF being the only two in the movie room for Dinosaur, walking right onto everest and legit no one around pandora -
I do wonder with the crowds, how is getting into DHS in general with lines and security? We are planning to go there but for everything except SWGE - so I am trying to see which day (Sunday or Monday) and how early to go.

My brother is there now, sending me photos of him and his DGF being the only two in the movie room for Dinosaur, walking right onto everest and legit no one around pandora -
I do wonder with the crowds, how is getting into DHS in general with lines and security? We are planning to go there but for everything except SWGE - so I am trying to see which day (Sunday or Monday) and how early to go.

I am watching some live blogs. I guess now there is no line to get into the park there is just chaos in SWGE.

FYI for those affected.

Delta is now offering free waivers for flights to MCO....equal ticket exchange. Hopped on it.
Also, WDW offered equal exchanges too, no fees.
Now going Sept 4 -10th, same package as before.
Worked out well for me, hope everyone else has good luck too! 😊

Thanks :) Do we expect this pattern to remain in a few weeks? We go at the end of September and hoped to do TSL but wonder if it's only lighter there because it's the opening day. I predict the crowds will spread more into TSL after the initial grand opening visitors trickle out.

I assume you noticed this, but just in case, AA is now offering travel waivers according to the thread in the Transportation forum: https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...s-now-available-delta-possibly.3766574/page-8

I did see that thanks!. I would change my flight but at the moment I don’t know what day to change it to since predictions are showing it right over Orlando on Tuesday. Hopefully this means I can just cancel the whole trip if I need to and get a credit.

8 months of planning 😭

My in-laws are now coming along but only 20-22. Our party just went from a party of 4 to a party of 10! They are staying on All star music. It will be my neice and nephews first time. Can't wait!

thats about what i expected as far as traffic at other parks. Today would have been a GREAT day to go anyone else outside of HS. I checked at like 11:15 and there was a 5 minute wait for Dumbo and
Thanks :) Do we expect this pattern to remain in a few weeks? We go at the end of September and hoped to do TSL but wonder if it's only lighter there because it's the opening day. I predict the crowds will spread more into TSL after the initial grand opening visitors trickle out.

I think in general TSL will be lighter traffic than it would have been before GE. But im sure the further we move away from Day 1 the more and more the crowds will slowly balance back out. But GE will be a blessing for early morning TSL. We have two little ones and right now GE isnt a big deal to us. Its all about TSL so im excited about that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter