**September 2019**

What special "summer/cooling" items are you packing? We've only ever traveled to WDW in the fall/winter, so I don't know what to pack for summer. We only live 3 hours away so we're used to the heat/humidity, but not to being out in it ALL day. Are you packing cooling towels, mini fans, etc.? Thanks!

We are taking cooling towels and mini fans for us. We are used to being out in the heat for baseball tournaments, but always need those and lots of water to help keep us cool!

What special "summer/cooling" items are you packing? We've only ever traveled to WDW in the fall/winter, so I don't know what to pack for summer. We only live 3 hours away so we're used to the heat/humidity, but not to being out in it ALL day. Are you packing cooling towels, mini fans, etc.? Thanks!

I love the Cooling Towels. I use Frogg Toggs but I know there are a lot of different brands. I usually bring the big towel, but I just found a smaller one at Dick's sporting goods that will be easier to keep in the bags.

We also bout those fans that go around your neck. My daughter liked them, but I didn't think they worked that well.

On our first trip we had water bottles that could collapse.. I loved those, but we lost them.

16 days!!! but who's counting??? oh wait. .ME lol

I have so many freaking tshirts. .they're all in my closet . . now that the kids know time to pull them out. I just bought myself 2 more lol. I'm consoling myself with the fact that I'll likely get sweaty and want to change. . .yeah. .that's it lol lol

my daughter wanted maleficent ears but didn't like the disney ones - so I ordered her a gorgeous pair from etsy. .so waiting for those. . . . .. . .starting to stress about packing. . .we have first days of school to get through (09/03 for my dd and 09/04 for ds - KINDERGARTEN) and I don't want to rush the days by but COME ON!!!!! lol

We are taking cooling towels and mini fans for us. We are used to being out in the heat for baseball tournaments, but always need those and lots of water to help keep us cool!
We are a family of 6 and normally take 2-3 cooling towels (mini frogg togg) and 2-3 misting fans (O2 COOL Sport Carabiner Misting Fan - these are our favorite). We also carry only 2 17oz canteen style bottles. I normally fill them up with free WDW ice water or have the kids do it while we are walking to the next attraction.

16 days!!! but who's counting??? oh wait. .ME lol

I have so many freaking tshirts. .they're all in my closet . . now that the kids know time to pull them out. I just bought myself 2 more lol. I'm consoling myself with the fact that I'll likely get sweaty and want to change. . .yeah. .that's it lol lol

my daughter wanted maleficent ears but didn't like the disney ones - so I ordered her a gorgeous pair from etsy. .so waiting for those. . . . .. . .starting to stress about packing. . .we have first days of school to get through (09/03 for my dd and 09/04 for ds - KINDERGARTEN) and I don't want to rush the days by but COME ON!!!!! lol

I bought Maleficent ears off Etsy last year and loved them! Just ordered some Jack & Sally ones for this year, can't wait until they come in!! I'm always impressed at the craftyness of these Etsy people. Mine would look like a 5 year old made them! So impressive.

What are some good table service restaurants for kids under 6? I'm having a hard time and keep changing my mind constantly. We had coral reef but I'm hearing mixed things. I'm just all over the place lol

Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage Breakfast and Storybook Dining at Artist Pointe work well for my kids. They progress through characters without you feeling you missed out. My 6 year old struggled last year with Chef Mickey because there was too many characters and it took almost 2 hours and we left before meeting all the characters. She can’t sit still for that. We also struggled at Ohana but I’m told our experience was rare. We got sat and missed somehow. I hear good things about Garden Grill and that is one we are trying this year along with Sci Fi Dine (no characters but there is tv)

Reactions: wx1

Cooling towels and necklace fans.

Downloaded some music (one Disney playlist and another regular playlist) so I have something to listen to in case of screaming baby on flight, like we had last year. WOW, she was really angry that her parents had her on a late-night flight! I'm sure they thought they had a perfect plan. She'll sleep! It'll be great!

I AM!!!! We arrive late on Saturday night and there until the 8th... I’m nervous! I would love if it falls apart after making landfall these next few days! Fingers crossed!!
I am really hoping that is how it goes!

Me. I've been reloading all day today and yesterday and trying to guess timing and comparing to paths of previous storms. I don't think many people care yet. Hopefully it will be nothing.
Haha glad I am not alone with the reloading lol
I had to google that.

OK I'll try! :laughing:
I am not freaking out, just want to know how to plan.

Cooling towels, misting fans.. We just plan to take more breaks really, none of those items really help that much imo.
What are some good table service restaurants for kids under 6? I'm having a hard time and keep changing my mind constantly. We had coral reef but I'm hearing mixed things. I'm just all over the place lol
Almost all of them. I am trying Coral Reef for the first time this trip so no experience there but my kids love character meals, SciFi, WCC, TRex, Rainforest...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter