**September 2019**

Just noticed that hours for my dates have changed drastically ... So it's back to the drawing board for me... Plan #10 coming up

Everyone, check your park hours ...
6 am opening for Hollywood?! And 7 am for Magic and Animal? What the heck is going on...

Stars Wars is really shaking things up.

Last edited:
Just noticed that hours for my dates have changed drastically ... So it's back to the drawing board for me... Plan #10 coming up

Everyone, check your park hours ...

What the heck!! My September week is now showing emmh every day for MK and AK!

And 6-9 am emmh for dhs every day!

What the heck!! My September week is now showing emmh every day for MK and AK!

And 6-9 am emmh for dhs every day!

Wow. Ok. I don't really know what to do with this information lol. Is this good news or bad news? Like if I'm not at the park by 6am every day will it be packed?

Pretty much confirms that the parks will be "sardine cans" with the crowds, but at least they are trying to plan ahead for it. (I'm still miffed that my plans got tangled up in this earlier than expected SW opening!! >:()

Annnnd now time to rearrange some plans.....

ADRs are scheduled, Reservation finder set for the ones I couldn't get, waiting to make FPs in July.

But now what? What other things do you do in this in-between period to plan? I haven't been to DW in 15 years so I feel like I've already done so much more planning than I ever did in the past, but now I feel like I must be missing something lol.

Looks like you have something to do now while waiting to book Fast passes. And I saw you asked about TP wait times. I have a subscription to TP, have for a long time, I keep it to help me organize a loose plan for my park days, but I do not trust their wait times or crowd calendar at all. Just my 2 cents.

Annnnd now time to rearrange some plans.....

Looks like you have something to do now while waiting to book Fast passes. And I saw you asked about TP wait times. I have a subscription to TP, have for a long time, I keep it to help me organize a loose plan for my park days, but I do not trust their wait times or crowd calendar at all. Just my 2 cents.

I jinxed all of us. :rolleyes1

Hey, I'll take the extra on-site perk of extra extra morning hours.... makes my BOG Pre-Park opening (no longer a PPO), reservation a waste of a QS meal now. Just still concerned about the size of the crowds....

Hey, I'll take the extra on-site perk of extra extra morning hours.... makes my BOG Pre-Park opening (no longer a PPO), reservation a waste of a QS meal now. Just still concerned about the size of the crowds....

Touring plans updated their crowd calendar. Mostly decreases in crowd levels... Not sure MK will be a crowd level 1, even on a party day. Hopefully I will be surprised and it will be.

EDIT - TP has a crowd level of 1 for opening day at DHS..... Sounds about right... :rolleyes1

Touring plans updated their crowd calendar. Mostly decreases in crowd levels... Not sure MK will be a crowd level 1, even on a party day. Hopefully I will be surprised and it will be.

EDIT - TP has a crowd level of 1 for opening day at DHS..... Sounds about right... :rolleyes1

I'm really hoping that the die-hard Star Wars people will go to Disneyland and they're working hard here to dissipate crowds so they don't have to do the "appointments" like they're doing at DL. I can likely get my people up for one early morning at HS because they're excited about GE and TSL. But 7am at MK? Highly doubtful. However, after the surface of the sun temperatures last September, those early mornings may be the only time of the day we're not miserably hot. We might just have to start adjusting our body clocks the week before we go so we're used to getting up at 4am Eastern. :confused3

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the HS crowd levels were for the rest of the park, not including SW:GE. I'll see if I can find that since I don't want to start making stuff up lol.

ETA: OK I'm not crazy, haha. https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/03/11/swge-cc-update/
If DHS’s Galaxy’s Edge opens without restrictions, we expect DHS crowds to be a ’10’ on our 1-to-10 scale. It’s likely the land will reach capacity on many days this year, too.

Further, if Disney does not control the number of people queuing for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, its wait times should reach record levels. Our current record for highest posted wait time is 450 minutes for Universal Orlando’s Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts at 1:50 p.m. on July 8, 2014.

The crowd levels on the crowd calendars are for the non-Galaxy’s Edge areas.

I hope you're all morning people! If not, I bet you just instantly became morning people.

This might actually work out in my favor. I start work at 6 AM anyways so I can get up and go to the park by myself and my family can take their time and meet me there.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the HS crowd levels were for the rest of the park, not including SW:GE. I'll see if I can find that since I don't want to start making stuff up lol.

ETA: OK I'm not crazy, haha. https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/03/11/swge-cc-update/
If DHS’s Galaxy’s Edge opens without restrictions, we expect DHS crowds to be a ’10’ on our 1-to-10 scale. It’s likely the land will reach capacity on many days this year, too.

Further, if Disney does not control the number of people queuing for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, its wait times should reach record levels. Our current record for highest posted wait time is 450 minutes for Universal Orlando’s Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts at 1:50 p.m. on July 8, 2014.

As a good friend of mine said about them not taking the SW crowds into consideration: "That's like saying Dec 20 - Jan1 1 will be crowds of 2 and 3 because we're not including the Christmas factor." i think we can safely count on the true estimates of crowds to be maxed out at 10s for all parks for all days for many many months into the future.

Doubt that the rest of the park will be a crowd level 1 on that day still. There is no way.

As a good friend of mine said about them not taking the SW crowds into consideration: "That's like saying Dec 20 - Jan1 1 will be crowds of 2 and 3 because we're not including the Christmas factor." i think we can safely count on the true estimates of crowds to be maxed out at 10s for all parks for all days for many many months into the future.

Very much agree with this.

Same! This happens to me every time I make a pre park opening breakfast ADR (they open earlier or add EMH,) so you’d think I’d learn to stop counting on it :) ha!

I just saw this email, too! I was so confused! I don’t think adding an hour or two in the morning to the other parks would warrant taking predicted crowd levels down by that much but I hope they’re right!

Same! This happens to me every time I make a pre park opening breakfast ADR (they open earlier or add EMH,) so you’d think I’d learn to stop counting on it :) ha!

I just saw this email, too! I was so confused! I don’t think adding an hour or two in the morning to the other parks would warrant taking predicted crowd levels down by that much but I hope they’re right!

I actually laughed when I got the email that says crowds were now going to be 1’s or 2’s on a lot of the days I will be there. There is just no way. don’t know who came up with those numbers, but I would like some of what they are drinking lol

I just got another Touring Plans Crowd Tracker email. Just amazing... I think that is 4 today.

Seems someone can't get it right over there. :rolleyes1

I just got another Touring Plans Crowd Tracker email. Just amazing... I think that is 4 today.

Seems someone can't get it right over there. :rolleyes1

lol I have gotten 3 from them so far today. I am waiting for a 4th one that just says “Your guess is as good as our’s!”

I think TP is usually pretty good with their predictions, but SWGE is such a wildcard that I think it is impossible to guess exactly how ugly it will be there in September. I definitely don’t believe it will be 1’s and 2’s tho lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter