**September 2019**

I'm so excited!! This is our first whole family trip since 2016 & we don't have another whole family trip planned until 2021. Both of my boys are huge Star Wars fans so I'm over the moon that they'll get to see at least some of the SW offerings!!! :cloud9:

Like most of you (it seems), we had planned this as our last trip for a couple of years, to skip the SWGE madness. We were also disappointed by yesterday’s announcement. A small glimmer of hope, however, I checked this morning and the week we are going (Sept 21-27), still has a lot of room availability. So maybe it won’t be a complete sell out. I know there still plenty of time.

Oh I know, I just meant it would be nice to get all of TSL done with EMM, if the entire park is going to be crazy that day! I don’t really care about any of the Star Wars stuff :D
I am considering adding a EMM morning so we can peacefully focus on TSL, and try SWGE some other night

I just noticed the hours from 8/31-9/4 still show Illuminations.

No EMH adjustment for SWGE though :\

Anyone hear any updated rumors on the Skyliner yesterday? I am still hoping the opening date of SWGE indicates Skyliner will be up and running before that.

Okay I am so up and down emotion wise over this!:sad2::yay::scared::sad: I was really excited about low crowds but know my youngest will go crazy for SWEG. I checked the time we are going Sept.14-22 on the WDW site and there is still tons of availability for a family of 5. I checked for 4 people and even more availability. I did notice that there is no availability at POP or CBR for those dates. I may be wrong, but I keep thinking if you could only go once this year and wanted to see SWEG it would make more sense to wait for the second phase to be open as well. I think locals and anyone living close will check it out but I am hoping many will wait for it to be finished.:confused:

I just noticed the hours from 8/31-9/4 still show Illuminations.

No EMH adjustment for SWGE though :\

Anyone hear any updated rumors on the Skyliner yesterday? I am still hoping the opening date of SWGE indicates Skyliner will be up and running before that.
That was the rumour I was hoping to hear yesterday.:sad2: I really think it makes the most sense for them to be open by then to help with transportation to HS, so I am more hopeful.

so sad yet so happy about GE. I really would've booked late fall had I known GE would be open before then.

I think at this point, we are going to keep our current reservations and stick with our existing plan on the understanding that the crowds are going to be a lot higher than we'd hoped. If it ends up being a total circus and we decide not to deal with DHS after all, we'll go to Epcot instead to do drinks around the world.

Good luck everyone. I hope it’s manageable. We jumped ship and switched to August- checking out on the 28th. I’m not that brave. We are leaving tomorrow to head down for spring break. We don’t want 2 crazy crowd trips this year. The heat is bad enough hat time of year. Off to find the August board.

We booked Saratoga Springs for 9/15-9/21, but might tack on a couple of days. I imagine it will now be a madhouse now that GE is opening. :| I am excited for it, but was hoping it would open just a touch later.

Okay, so I've had some MAJOR time to process this news and now I'm starting to get a little pumped about it all. Here me out *again*

I looked across several FB groups, and boards to see if people were insane enough to book during opening (it was mainly mad lads/gals booking for opening to there for the mayhem). Okay cool, I can deal with that especially since my trip is later in the month anyway. I saw more posts with people CANCELLING their trips more than adding days/booking there trips.

I also then proceeded to CRUNCH numbers, and looked at the historical wait times/crowd levels for the opening of Pandora/TSL, and yes, I realize that the SW IP is insane. A lot of people love SW, but there is still a mess load that don't so looking at the HISTORICAL crowd levels during summer, which is one of the busier parts of the year especially considering TSL opened June 30, prime vacation time: TSL was crowded but not the entire summer crowded. Pandora opened late May, which is spring break/summer time. Plus TSL had several big attractions, Pandora has 2 and SW only has 1, for now. Disney figured they add EMHs, and what not. I mean, people will be insane and want to deal with that hot mess but a lot of y'all and many more will not be interested in the chaos for just 1 ride. The insanity will definitely peak the first few days, and then wane slightly but not so much for everyone to panic over. September is going to be a "slow" month, especially since most people will have school, work etc and can't take off then. The weekends will be a big swamped but that's to be expected anyway with APs and FL residents down.

Logically, this was all announced during a shareholders meeting which tells me that Disney was feeling strain especially since this timeframe is fitting with FD. It tells me that because SW:GE wasn't announced yet, they NEEDED to try to make money but I don't know if it will exactly. It still seems like an offtime to open especially since it's only a phase 1 type of deal. I don't think they sold out for FD, and as I checked several different times today Sun&Fun Discount was still up, and lots of rooms were still not sold so... this is all my two now optimistic cents.

Just wanted to note that you and all of your research is the only thing that has made me feel better in the last 24 hours! lol

We arrive sept 4th. I was completely crushed with yesterday’s news but when making ADRs today got all the ones I wanted without problem!
Maybe this will be a great trip after all

I was irritated too. My thought was, "Blast! Couldn't they wait until after my ADR date to announce this!" We aren't making a lot, so we're not quite as flexible as we would normally be. Fingers crossed... I get the double "blessing" of making ADRs after SWGE announcement AND on a Tuesday. :crazy2:

I was irritated too. My thought was, "Blast! Couldn't they wait until after my ADR date to announce this!" We aren't making a lot, so we're not quite as flexible as we would normally be. Fingers crossed... I get the double "blessing" of making ADRs after SWGE announcement AND on a Tuesday. :crazy2:

Why is a Tuesday bad?

Just wanted to note that you and all of your research is the only thing that has made me feel better in the last 24 hours! lol
GOOD! I thought I saw you like the post in the other thread. I'm hoping you, and the family have an amazing time cause I know I will be trying to have one too!

I posted more little tidbits of photos from the site I paid for with the historical crowd numbers after TSL if anyone want to see it. I hope it will ease some minds in here too. Hopefully, I won't get my hand smacked for cross-posting these pictures but it's just for reference since the other thread is locked. It also might help elevate some tension.

June 30, 2018 TSL Launch Day
7cy9aUt.png

Two Weeks Approx after TSL launch
4S25z7f.png

**NOTE** July the 4th, one of the biggest holidays at WDW had a blow out in MK while DHS was only at a 3. The prediction and then the outcome for the entire park (not just TSL which was a wait to get into for hours while the rest of the park wasn't closed).

Last edited:
GOOD! I thought I saw you like the post in the other thread. I'm hoping you, and the family have an amazing time cause I know I will be trying to have one too!

I posted more little tidbits of photos from the site I paid for with the historical crowd numbers after TSL if anyone want to see it. I hope it will ease some minds in here too. Hopefully, I won't get my hand smacked for cross-posting these pictures but it's just for reference since the other thread is locked. It also might help elevate some tension.

June 30, 2018 TSL Launch Day
7cy9aUt.png

Two Weeks Approx after TSL launch
4S25z7f.png
My dates are locked in stone! I booked a bounce back, flights etc and it’s my daughters birthday on our trip. I’m just going to go with the flow and enjoy it for what it is, but those stats make me really happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter