September 2015 Countdown!

:sad::sad: I just spent the last 6 hours trying on every piece of clothing I own and hate it all. :sad: I recently got some super thin T Shirts Ive been wearing every weekend during the summer. Now every other shirt I put on feels heavy and sweaty and hot and gross or the neckline is too high and I feel like Im choking. :crazy2: I cant breath!

Aaawwww! So cute. I love going with first timers..especially kids :)

Wow...great plans! I would never in my wildest dreams not do MK first, but youre probably very smart as Im sure the majority do MK first and later in the week, MK is probably quieter. Fantistic plans :)
In all my post-planning Disney years (the past 7 years) I have only gone to the MK on the first day, if we go anywhere on an arrival day. Since we started using Armed Forces Salute tickets, I try to plan our days based on what is supposed to be the least crowded, because we only get 4 full days. I think we'll probably end up at the Magic Kingdom for the evening that day, but I'm not sure. I really want to make this trip relaxing for DH, so I'm trying not to over plan and obsess over all the things.

I love everyone's plans! It makes me so excite for y'all! :goodvibes I hope everyone will post a little here during their trips!

I finished shopping for our trip. At least I hope so. :rotfl: Grabbed a few Coleman emergency ponchos in case it gets pretty bad out and sandwich bags for the ponchos and our meds. I cleaned out my purse and wallet and it's so nice and empty! :laughing: I'll definitely be able to carry quite a bit. How are the bag check people with meds? I have to take my medicine at night and really don't want to carry 2 bottles of medicine, plus a bottle of vitamin d pills (the bottle is huge), birth control, and 2 bottles of my husband's pain meds through the parks. I'd love to just put mine in a sandwich bag and his in a sandwich bag each day. I've never had to bring any of this besides my birth control (which comes in a little package) into the parks. I just want to be prepared. I'll be following the TSA rules for the plane, but I wasn't sure about Disney.

I can't imagine Disney would give you a hard time. I don't think they really look at anything as long as it doesn't look dangerous. If you're worried, then maybe get two travel containers of Tylenol (or something) and just use that as your sandwich bag for the day, so it's contained. I usually travel with a small container of Tylenol and Advil mixed together, and I think I've even made it through security at the airport with that.

What kind of requests do you make and how do you do it? I haven't been on the boards and feel like sooo much has changed.

If you do online check-in, you'll be given a list of options. Mine were area related (Cabanas or Ranchos for CSR) and other particulars like close to elevator, high floor, ground floor, near bus stop etc. I requested Cabanas and close to elevator. We'll be traveling with a stroller, so being close to the elevator is ideal. I'd prefer the Cabanas area as well, because of where it's located between the main pool and the main building. They only let you choose two.
You have to click on requests in order to be given the option of prioritizing having a ready room over other requests.

:sad::sad: I just spent the last 6 hours trying on every piece of clothing I own and hate it all. :sad: I recently got some super thin T Shirts Ive been wearing every weekend during the summer. Now every other shirt I put on feels heavy and sweaty and hot and gross or the neckline is too high and I feel like Im choking. :crazy2: I cant breath!

I hate that! I had a similar problem with a pair of swim shorts I got for the trip - they're too snug! I've ordered a swim skirt off Amazon and it should be here by Wednesday. Here's hoping it fits! Can you bring the super thin t-shirts along for your trip? It sounds like they would be the most comfortable?

I can't imagine Disney would give you a hard time. I don't think they really look at anything as long as it doesn't look dangerous. If you're worried, then maybe get two travel containers of Tylenol (or something) and just use that as your sandwich bag for the day, so it's contained. I usually travel with a small container of Tylenol and Advil mixed together, and I think I've even made it through security at the airport with that.
I don't think they'll give me a hard time either, but I just like to make sure. I was actually just thinking about getting a pill box for me and one for my husband. DH's medicine is an "as needed" thing while mine are daily. I'm sure they're not nearly as strict as the TSA's. Thanks for the suggestion! :goodvibes

Well DH decided we should cancel our Fulton's reservation because it's just not in the budget to eat at expensive places so we're mostly going to do cheap quick/counter service meals besides our one dinner at Be Our Guest. I feel bad because he was looking forward to that, but we both agreed that it's just going to be too expensive so we'll go back to the hotel, eat at Roaring Fork, and spend that extra hour at AK that Disney just recently added. Plus we'll get to relax some more at WL. We're still going to have a good time regardless of where we eat! I can eat the pot roast mac n' cheese at Friar's Nook for every meal. :rotfl:

We also called our bank to let them know we'll be out of town. Tomorrow I'll be running on over to the post office to put our mail on hold, returning the wrong sandwich bags and getting pill boxes. After that we're all set to go. . . I hope. Just three more sleeps! DH also got some Disney gift cards for his birthday while we were at dinner with his family tonight which is awesome! I seriously don't know how I've survived this weekend with nearly nothing to do!

I don't think they'll give me a hard time either, but I just like to make sure. I was actually just thinking about getting a pill box for me and one for my husband. DH's medicine is an "as needed" thing while mine are daily. I'm sure they're not nearly as strict as the TSA's. Thanks for the suggestion! :goodvibes

Well DH decided we should cancel our Fulton's reservation because it's just not in the budget to eat at expensive places so we're mostly going to do cheap quick/counter service meals besides our one dinner at Be Our Guest. I feel bad because he was looking forward to that, but we both agreed that it's just going to be too expensive so we'll go back to the hotel, eat at Roaring Fork, and spend that extra hour at AK that Disney just recently added. Plus we'll get to relax some more at WL. We're still going to have a good time regardless of where we eat! I can eat the pot roast mac n' cheese at Friar's Nook for every meal. :rotfl:

We also called our bank to let them know we'll be out of town. Tomorrow I'll be running on over to the post office to put our mail on hold, returning the wrong sandwich bags and getting pill boxes. After that we're all set to go. . . I hope. Just three more sleeps! DH also got some Disney gift cards for his birthday while we were at dinner with his family tonight which is awesome! I seriously don't know how I've survived this weekend with nearly nothing to do!
Oooh...I forgot that we should probably put our mail on hold!
My brother will be coming over to check on the cat, but I don't need to add anything else to his list.

I will be at Disney in a week! Hopefully we'll be checked in and cozy in our room with the kids both in bed!

Congratulations :) Love your ADRs and your "rest" time. I promised myself to squeeze some of that into this trip. Im hoping its by choice and not from being indoors due to rain :( Does the new baby have a name yet? I think Jacquelyn sounds nice :goodvibes

:thanks: Thanks everyone for the trip plans. Its getting me in the Disney spirit and helping pass the time!! Its officially "Next week", although I still have 12 days :bitelip:
Yes, the rest time is by choice. DD does not do well without a nap. She's a pretty good napper and that's one thing that will be consistent each day. It just makes our evenings that much more enjoyable! We also would like to spend some time at the pool as well. It's just our style of touring!

And no, baby girl doesn't have name. I'm open to any and everything at this point! DH likes "Scarlett" but for me it's too matchy-matchy with our DD whose name is Charlotte.

I hate that! I had a similar problem with a pair of swim shorts I got for the trip - they're too snug! I've ordered a swim skirt off Amazon and it should be here by Wednesday. Here's hoping it fits! Can you bring the super thin t-shirts along for your trip? It sounds like they would be the most comfortable?

I can, but they are nothing special...and I only have 4. They will be OK for walking around the parks, but nothing I can wear at night. I cant repeat as Im sure in September Ill be sweating all day! I'll just have to get used to wearing my other clothes again. Beauty before comfort!!

Yes, the rest time is by choice. DD does not do well without a nap. She's a pretty good napper and that's one thing that will be consistent each day. It just makes our evenings that much more enjoyable! We also would like to spend some time at the pool as well. It's just our style of touring!

And no, baby girl doesn't have name. I'm open to any and everything at this point! DH likes "Scarlett" but for me it's too matchy-matchy with our DD whose name is Charlotte.

Aww, I love matchy matchy! I love the name Charlotte too. Scarlett would be unique. I dont like popular names. My first son/child is named Alexander. His whole school life he was Alex B. My other 2 have unpopular names. It worked out much better!

I don't think that's too matchy. Of course, I named my kids Gideon and Lydia, which practically rhyme.
It was so hard to agree on something for Lydia that I just went with it. She was almost a Hannah, but I wanted something a little less popular. Our issue is that the less popular names for girls tend to be to outlandish for DH. I have no idea what we'll do if we have another girl, for some reason boy names are easier for us.

kids started school today...two weeks from today, after they get off the bus we leave for the start of our vacay! Flying out of Baltimore early, so we are staying at a hotel at the airport monday night. I can't believe its so close!

We leave tomorrow!! :) :)

It looks like the forecast is back to just the typical daily chance of rain/thunderstorms, so we are really grateful and hoping we may get a bit of nice weather after all. Yay!

This is our first trip so I'm trying not to rethink our plans... I think I've done pretty well for covering some of the most important stuff for first timers and two little princess lovers. I've had so much fun reading everyone's plans! Here's our plan...

Arrive tomorrow, check in at Wilderness Lodge
If it's not bad weather and we arrive on time, we'll head over to MK for dinner
FPs for meeting Mickey and Tinkerbell as well as the MSEP

Wednesday - MK
Rope drop so we can see the welcome show
Spend the morning in Fantasyland and Liberty Square meeting lots of princesses
QS lunch, probably at CHH
Back to WL for afternoon break, then dinner at Chef Mickey's

Thursday - Epcot
Pre-park princess breakfast at Akershus
FP for Soarin' and Character Spot before World Showcase opens
We'll explore WS a bit, hit Spaceship Earth on the way out, take an afternoon break at WL
Back to Epcot for dinner at Biergarten and then watching Illuminations

Friday - HS
Early FP for me and my husband to ride ToT (eek - I'm scared!) while my parents and daughters watch the Dis Jr show
Frozen parade and sing-along
Lunch at Sci-Fi
Afternoon FP for TSMM, then back to WL for a break
Hoop Dee Doo Revue 6:15 show

Saturday - MK
Pre-park breakfast at BOG
Frontierland and Adventureland in the morning
Tomorrowland if we have time before our lunch at The Plaza
FP for the parade, then back to WL for a short break
Back to MK for dinner at CRT, then FP for Wishes

On our departure morning we're doing breakfast at WCC, then we're headed back home

I wish our trip were longer, but we're already planning a "second half" of our first trip for April so we can hit AK and have more time at Epcot.

Hard to believe after all of the waiting, the trip is finally here! :)

I don't think that's too matchy. Of course, I named my kids Gideon and Lydia, which practically rhyme.
It was so hard to agree on something for Lydia that I just went with it. She was almost a Hannah, but I wanted something a little less popular. Our issue is that the less popular names for girls tend to be to outlandish for DH. I have no idea what we'll do if we have another girl, for some reason boy names are easier for us.
I think Hannah is an absolutely lovely name. ;) I actually don't know anyone else named Hannah. lol Most of my family named their kids less popular names as well. Well my cousin's kids on my dad's side have very Jewish names. On my mom's side we have Liliana, Peyton, Rylan, and Landon. A friend of mine named her kids Gwen, Vincent, and Jace. I think they're all very cute names. Liliana is a really beautiful name.

I think Hannah is an absolutely lovely name. ;) I actually don't know anyone else named Hannah. lol Most of my family named their kids less popular names as well. Well my cousin's kids on my dad's side have very Jewish names. On my mom's side we have Liliana, Peyton, Rylan, and Landon. A friend of mine named her kids Gwen, Vincent, and Jace. I think they're all very cute names. Liliana is a really beautiful name.
I do like Hannah, but it's definitely very popular, although it's slowly going down in popularity.
Peyton and Landon are also very popular. Rylan is a little less popular, but DS has had a Rylan in his class this year and last year, so locally it could be more popular than generally.
Liliana isn't hugely popular, but Lily is.
However, one thing that didn't cross my mind when I was naming Lydia is how close it is to Olivia which is crazy popular right now.
My short list before Lydia was born was Adelina, Ellette, Adelaide, Evangeline, Juliette, Hannah, Eliana, Katriel, Tabitha, and Thea, all with varying popularity. Then about a week before she was born Lydia occurred to me as an option. Hannah was (and still is) DH's favorite, but he liked Lydia more than most of the others. She's totally a Lydia anyway. I expect she'll be at least as much of a handful as Jane Austen's version, although hopefully she has a little more common sense.

Since then I've added Kristiana and Naomi to the list. No babies currently on the horizon though, so we'll see how I change my mind when I'm actually faced with a real human being to name.

I do like Hannah, but it's definitely very popular, although it's slowly going down in popularity.
Peyton and Landon are also very popular. Rylan is a little less popular, but DS has had a Rylan in his class this year and last year, so locally it could be more popular than generally.
Liliana isn't hugely popular, but Lily is.
However, one thing that didn't cross my mind when I was naming Lydia is how close it is to Olivia which is crazy popular right now.
My short list before Lydia was born was Adelina, Ellette, Adelaide, Evangeline, Juliette, Hannah, Eliana, Katriel, Tabitha, and Thea, all with varying popularity. Then about a week before she was born Lydia occurred to me as an option. Hannah was (and still is) DH's favorite, but he liked Lydia more than most of the others. She's totally a Lydia anyway. I expect she'll be at least as much of a handful as Jane Austen's version, although hopefully she has a little more common sense.

Since then I've added Kristiana and Naomi to the list. No babies currently on the horizon though, so we'll see how I change my mind when I'm actually faced with a real human being to name.
Shows how much I know about kids names. :rotfl: But I also don't plan on having kids. I guess I'm just used to really generic names rather than unique ones. I should have used unique rather than less popular. lol

It's officially 7 days until we arrive at the WL. I thought we were going to pack last weekend as we are leaving this Thursday for Florida but now it looks like I will be packing Wednesday after my last day of work.

I'm really looking forward to getting to the lodge, relaxing for a while then heading to MK for our dinner at BOG that night!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter