September 2015 Car Rental Watch

That rate is fair

That rate is fair, I would go ahead and reserve it. But keep checking literally right up until you leave and if/when you find a cheaper rate then book that one and cancel the old one and then still keep on checking.

Yeah, I did reserve it. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the advice.

I understand the $30 code AD2338FDF you must pay for the car with a Visa. Are there any Alamo codes like that but for Mastercard?

I am using my costco membership in contract id and trying to find the best coupon code to go with it besides the Visa one I can't use. So far I have found a $15 off coupon and system accepted it.

Any help thank you?

Rates have headed for the moon on all rental company web sites that I can find -- except -- National, which has been really high since I started looked -- seems to have plunged for me today.

I had a $74 rate for a week's rental of a full-size with another vendor (reserved last month) and National just basically came down to that rate (a couple of dollars more actually, but still really good price).

So, you all may want to check out National. Sorry, don't share codes anymore since a few bad experiences, but if you had given up on them, might check them again, soon....like ASAP, cause we all know...

o, you all may want to check out National. Sorry, don't share codes anymore since a few bad experiences, but if you had given up on them, might check them again, soon....like ASAP, cause we all know...

Can you give us any hints how we can find these great codes for our rentals?

Alamo bookings be sure to check :) Some prices changed this morning at 5:05am EST for end of Sept.... I have a few rentals going - my mid sept is still same price but end of sept just dropped by $14 and some change.

totally losing my mo-jo here.....can someone help me out? I need two rentals for Sept 3-8 out of Sandford. I can't find anything for under $170 a piece. ick! Care of help me out? Someone have a smoother keystroke than me?

totally losing my mo-jo here.....can someone help me out? I need two rentals for Sept 3-8 out of Sandford. I can't find anything for under $170 a piece. ick! Care of help me out? Someone have a smoother keystroke than me?

Have something booked, but try to be patient. You're coming up on the 3 week mark, and that's about when drops tend to happen. With your dates, about now I'd start to look at least daily, right up to the day you leave. Hopefully in a week or so, you'll start to see some improvement. I don't know if the SFB rates tend to behave the same way as MCO, but I wouldn't be surprised. Hang in there!

Will I get dinged at all when I pay for my vehicle if I bring it back a couple of hours early (with Alamo)? Flight time changed, now need to drop it off at 3:00 instead of 4:30pm.

Will I get dinged at all when I pay for my vehicle if I bring it back a couple of hours early (with Alamo)? Flight time changed, now need to drop it off at 3:00 instead of 4:30pm.

No, you will be fine. It's turning it in late that causes problems.

Couple of hours not usually an issue, but I would not make it much more than that, as I have heard second-hand that some locations start mumbling about inventory management, etc and then charge for fee for "much" earlier returns. In a case like yours, a good reason to have registered your flight details with them...

Of course if you return after four days and you had a weekly rate, then you would see prices shoot skyward. :rainbow:

Couple of hours not usually an issue, but I would not make it much more than that, as I have heard second-hand that some locations start mumbling about inventory management, etc and then charge for fee for "much" earlier returns. In a case like yours, a good reason to have registered your flight details with them...

Of course if you return after four days and you had a weekly rate, then you would see prices shoot skyward. :rainbow:

Can I modify my reservation without it changing the price? I have an awesome price ($112 for 6 days standard veh) and don't want to take a chance on losing it! :)

Can I modify my reservation without it changing the price? I have an awesome price ($112 for 6 days standard veh) and don't want to take a chance on losing it! :)

You could always try and then not go through with it if the price goes up. But, really, I don't think you have to worry. If you look at the rental agreement, it usually gives you a minimum length of the rental.

Last time I did a rental (from Dollar at FLL), I gave the time that we expected to return it. My original time made the last day a few hours less than a whole day. The agent at the counter changed the reservation to make it a full day on the return. We returned the car a few hours early (at Port Canaveral) and it didn't change the price.

I've done that with no problem. Where you have to be careful is if your returning early pushes you into a different rate class. For example, if you have a five day rental, which will be priced out as weekly (I forget where the weekly threshold kicks in). Lets say you return early and by doing so your actual time of rental gets knocked into a daily rate. The daily rate can often wind up more expensive than the weekly rate, even though you have the car a shorter time. Plus, if, for example, you have a coupon or a promo rate giving you a free day on a week, a very early return could invalidate those discounts.

Almost all the time, just moving an hour or two earlier won't cause a problem and I've even been fine returning a few hours late because of a flight delay (but still staying well within my weekly rate).

Rates have headed for the moon on all rental company web sites that I can find -- except -- National, which has been really high since I started looked -- seems to have plunged for me today.

I had a $74 rate for a week's rental of a full-size with another vendor (reserved last month) and National just basically came down to that rate (a couple of dollars more actually, but still really good price).

So, you all may want to check out National. Sorry, don't share codes anymore since a few bad experiences, but if you had given up on them, might check them again, soon....like ASAP, cause we all know...

I have a low rate with Alamo, but prefer national. It must be your dates because national is coming in double what my Alamo rate is. Are you picking up at mco? My dates are sept 10-23.

I made a mistake once and hit 3AM for a pick up time instead of 3PM, I called and they switched without effecting the cost. Yours should be easier but I would definitely call rather than do it online.

Don't change anything!!!!

Two hours you are good -- seriously. As always, YMMV, tax, license destination charges not included and we reserve the right to change our mind... LOL!

I have a low rate with Alamo, but prefer national. It must be your dates because national is coming in double what my Alamo rate is. Are you picking up at mco? My dates are sept 10-23.

National is now back to four times my rate. Sometimes those price drops only last a few hours....which is why I said to check ASAP....

National is now back to four times my rate. Sometimes those price drops only last a few hours....which is why I said to check ASAP....

I generally check 2-3 times a day. I love earning my national club rewards, so will pay a little more with national. Right now it's $175 higher. I'll keep checking.

You could always try and then not go through with it if the price goes up. But, really, I don't think you have to worry. If you look at the rental agreement, it usually gives you a minimum length of the rental.

Last time I did a rental (from Dollar at FLL), I gave the time that we expected to return it. My original time made the last day a few hours less than a whole day. The agent at the counter changed the reservation to make it a full day on the return. We returned the car a few hours early (at Port Canaveral) and it didn't change the price.

I've done that with no problem. Where you have to be careful is if your returning early pushes you into a different rate class. For example, if you have a five day rental, which will be priced out as weekly (I forget where the weekly threshold kicks in). Lets say you return early and by doing so your actual time of rental gets knocked into a daily rate. The daily rate can often wind up more expensive than the weekly rate, even though you have the car a shorter time. Plus, if, for example, you have a coupon or a promo rate giving you a free day on a week, a very early return could invalidate those discounts.

Almost all the time, just moving an hour or two earlier won't cause a problem and I've even been fine returning a few hours late because of a flight delay (but still staying well within my weekly rate).

I made a mistake once and hit 3AM for a pick up time instead of 3PM, I called and they switched without effecting the cost. Yours should be easier but I would definitely call rather than do it online.

Don't change anything!!!!

Two hours you are good -- seriously. As always, YMMV, tax, license destination charges not included and we reserve the right to change our mind... LOL!

Thanks everyone for your input! I think I will leave it as is, lol!

Hertz prices drop big time for my trip 9/11 to 9/19 got a full size for $164.00 out the garage :moped:, using the $30.00 AAA off code found on Hertz web page. :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter