• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2012 code watch!

I agree. FD is the best discount for our family. We love it. Our kids want nothing to do with pool days when we are there so we stay inside the parks. We use the value resorts and get FD and it saves us big $$$.

We had FD last year..upgraded to regular.. cost us $400 to upgrade "lost" $600 in a room discount. used like 4000 worth of food ( group of 8).. yeah free dining was worth it for us!

Please help! I have tried both at disney site and my visa twice, both say there is no offer now. I have a chase visa, is this the one offering the free dining? I appreciate any info or help. Marylou

Please help! I have tried both at disney site and my visa twice, both say there is no offer now. I have a chase visa, is this the one offering the free dining? I appreciate any info or help. Marylou

Call Disney, you will be on hold for a few minutes, but they can help you. No code was needed.

OK, so let me see if I've straight - from what I've read on here, it sounds like you can't combine, or "stack" discounts? For example - right now I've reserved at "rack rate". If a RO discount comes out and I modify my reservation to apply that, then later on an FD comes out or I have a PIN, I have to go back to rack rates if I want to take that offer? I can't have my room discount and eat free too?:guilty:

Also, what is the Stay & Play & Dine I've seen mentioned here, I'm not familiar with that?

Lastly, how do I put the ticker & emoticons for all of us and stuff like that at the bottom?

Thanks,

Julie

It appears all but 2 value resorts are available for the promo. Hopefully when it goes public on March 5 they will open up some Deluxe resorts.

Was finally able to get FD applied to my reservation! Yea! It took 3 calls to visa and 3 calls to disney, but info from the dis and peristance paid off. I think calling a little later helped, when the CM's know more. Got the plus dining with POR, so I'm thrilled. Hope everyone else is successful. BTW, am having a hard time updating on the WDW site, keeps logging me out. Have a great day all!

Walt Disney World is offering FREE dining for Disney Reward Visa Card holders to visit the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida during these five week summer travel window.

Dates: August 25, 2012 - September 29, 2012
Book Between: March 1, 2012 - May 18, 2012

OFFER: Magic Your Way Package with a FREE Disney Dining Plan are available for 08/25/12 - 9/29/12 travel dates. Disney Visa cardholders who book a vacation package at one of Disney's Value Resorts will receive Disney's Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a vacation package at Disney's Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney's Basic Dining Plan. Guests can also upgrade to other dining plans for an additional cost.This offer can be combined with The Magic for Less Travel's Pixie Dust, Deluxe Pixie Dust Pack and Grand Pixie Dust Pack offers. *A minimum 3-night package with 2-day tickets must be booked. The numbers of vacation packages available with this promotion are limited and are subject to availability. Package must be booked by 05/18/12. Deposit must be paid with a Disney Visa at time of booking

I just tried calling to add free dining to our 1-bedroom villa reservation at Bay Lake Tower, but there's no free dining availability for that room type there! Only deluxe studios. :sad2: I'm on hold again to (hopefully) change our reservation to a 1-bedroom villa at Boardwalk Villas with free dining, which was at least available an hour ago. Hope it still is...it will save us $675! I just had to check with another group traveling with us, to make sure they were willing to switch. They don't have Disney Visas, though, so I hope they can get free dining on the 5th!

Just book us for Sept 15-22. Port Orleans French Quarter, Garden View. FREE DINING!

We've never stayed at anything but a value so we are pretty excited!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

So when I made my deposit a couple of weeks ago, I never got a receipt for it. I called this morning about that (is it just me, or are you all getting reps in India when you call?). Figured I might as well check & see if there was a PIN, and there wasn't.

For us, the question of FD vs. RO % discount is kind of wonky - my MIL may or may not go with us, I made the reservation for just us four of us, she would be 5.

She is the queen of queens of frugality, so I know she's not going to want to spend a lot of $ on eating in the parks & Disney restaurants. PLUS, we are just not three meal a day plus snacks kind of people. I like the idea of FD because we can use it for CRT and Mickey's Backyard BBQ but is it really worth it aside from that? Since we'll be in the cabin and will have a car we can cook / eat in some too. I know this is a decision we're going to have to make for ourselves, but would love some feedback with thoughts or personal experiences.

Julie:cutie:

Aaah! SO. MUCH. NUMBER. CRUNCHING.

Trying to decide the best way to go. I just had to dip into my Disney fund to buy a new computer and now I'm kinda feeling a little pinch in the budget. Sigh. But still, I'm comparing Pop with YES tickets and paying for food to POR with FD, and the price difference I get is about $300 more to stay at POR and not have to worry about how much food costs. I did really want that YES class, though. Hmmm... So many decisions!

In reality, we will probably book POR from 9/16--9/22. :) :) :)

Okay, free dining at Boardwalk Villas is booked! I was looking forward to Bay Lake Tower because we've never stayed there before, but it's worth it to get free dining, plus the resort is $100 cheaper for the five days. Now to wait and see if a room discount comes out that would save us more than free dining...:rolleyes1. But overall, I'm happy to be saving some money!

What scares me about paying for food is #1- my husband likes 1 sit-down meal a day. He's kind of a food-snob and doesn't like "quicky meals". #2- We're bringing our 2 boys (age 15 & 20) and you know how males that age can eat!

Since I have the time (no PINS out yet) I should just try calculating a rough estimate on what we'd likely spend in food. Then it would be more clear which was the better option- FD or RO discount.

If you guys like to have at least one sit-down meal a day, then I think FD would probably be a great discount for you. Those sit-down meals are PRICEY!!

In our case, we will be traveling with 4 children...one will be 18 months at the time, an almost 4 yo with special needs and then our two girls. We hardly go out to eat now cause it's hard with the two little ones. I certainly don't want to be forced to do that daily at Disney. That stresses me out just thinking about it :laughing:

So, what I am trying to say is that it just really depends on your family as to whether FD is a good discount for you or not. If you plan on eating a table service meal every day, then I'd say it is good for you. We'd probably be ok with the QS plan but we aren't staying at a value. That is why *for us* a room-only discount is better :goodvibes

Just book us for Sept 15-22. Port Orleans French Quarter, Garden View. FREE DINING!

We've never stayed at anything but a value so we are pretty excited!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

i just did the same thing today.

Everyone knows that i'm anti free dining, but when i called this morning to book ASMusic with free dining (because lets face it we're going, i just needed a discount to book without driving myself insane) the only all star resort i could get was the sports. Now no offence to you sports lovers i'm sure it's a great resort but it's just not a resort im attracted to but i asked her to price it for my with the upgrade to the DDP because my husband really wants to do a bunch of character meals on this trip (since we didn't do ANY last trip) if free dining is gonna be the only discount we can get worth using we are gonna pay the difference to upgrade to free dining (since we would spend that much or more on character meals).

so when the very nice lady told me the price i about died. i didn't want payy THAT MUCH to stay at a resort i'm not wanting to stay at, in a super small room with double sized beds, no internet and having to bring the minnie fridge from music over to sports! I then asked her some questions about the moderate resorts, because i really liked the idea of staying at a resort that had queen beds, well this lady LOVED POFQ and starts telling me about it, and how it compairs to all the other resorts she stayed at (she's worked for disney for 20 years) and i'm starting to like it to so i ask her for a price, cheapest room i can get...it's only $372 more. Totally worth it IMO but out of the budget so i ask her is she would be able to do some more digging and find a way to get me in the music, i told her i had a little wiggle room with dates but not much, so she askes me if i mind being put on hold so she could call guest services and see what the issue may be since i was the first person she booked this promo for today. Of course you can put me on hold!!!! I put HER on speaker (on hold) and call hubby from the cell and tell him ASMu isn't an option, its ASsports or nothing with free dining unless you wanna do POFQ and it's $372 more....he says try for music, if i can't get it book POFQ.

SO now we're staying 10 wonderful days at POFQ and i'm now working on park plans and ADR's because i've never done ADRs before and i have a short window of time to get my stuff together before i can book online. I'm hoping when FD goes public i can get a standard room instead of garden view because it will save us another $100.

so even though i'm still anti free dining and will be on the lookout for another better discount it looks like we WILL be doing the DDP after all. Who knows maybe i'll be converted this trip....i guess we shall have to wait and see

i just did the same thing today.

Everyone knows that i'm anti free dining, but when i called this morning to book ASMusic with free dining (because lets face it we're going, i just needed a discount to book without driving myself insane) the only all star resort i could get was the sports. Now no offence to you sports lovers i'm sure it's a great resort but it's just not a resort im attracted to but i asked her to price it for my with the upgrade to the DDP because my husband really wants to do a bunch of character meals on this trip (since we didn't do ANY last trip) if free dining is gonna be the only discount we can get worth using we are gonna pay the difference to upgrade to free dining (since we would spend that much or more on character meals).

so when the very nice lady told me the price i about died. i didn't want payy THAT MUCH to stay at a resort i'm not wanting to stay at, in a super small room with double sized beds, no internet and having to bring the minnie fridge from music over to sports! I then asked her some questions about the moderate resorts, because i really liked the idea of staying at a resort that had queen beds, well this lady LOVED POFQ and starts telling me about it, and how it compairs to all the other resorts she stayed at (she's worked for disney for 20 years) and i'm starting to like it to so i ask her for a price, cheapest room i can get...it's only $372 more. Totally worth it IMO but out of the budget so i ask her is she would be able to do some more digging and find a way to get me in the music, i told her i had a little wiggle room with dates but not much, so she askes me if i mind being put on hold so she could call guest services and see what the issue may be since i was the first person she booked this promo for today. Of course you can put me on hold!!!! I put HER on speaker (on hold) and call hubby from the cell and tell him ASMu isn't an option, its ASsports or nothing with free dining unless you wanna do POFQ and it's $372 more....he says try for music, if i can't get it book POFQ.

SO now we're staying 10 wonderful days at POFQ and i'm now working on park plans and ADR's because i've never done ADRs before and i have a short window of time to get my stuff together before i can book online. I'm hoping when FD goes public i can get a standard room instead of garden view because it will save us another $100.

so even though i'm still anti free dining and will be on the lookout for another better discount it looks like we WILL be doing the DDP after all. Who knows maybe i'll be converted this trip....i guess we shall have to wait and see

I did the same thing. I didn't really want to stay at Sports. This trip is supposed to be about our little girl so, I wanted Movies. I asked for the difference in a moderate and Sports and was surprised it was only $216. So, I booked it. My husband is really excited. I'm the one that always wants to stay at a value so I have more spending money. :laughing:

The CM said we'd really love French Quarter. All the rooms were refurbished last year. Plus a fridge. I don't know what we'll do with ourselves with a fridge and a boat to Downtown Disney.

We like the dining plan. Have never gone without it. Last September we left behind 8 counter service credits. :scared1: But, it didn't upset me much because we never went hungry and we weren't paying for them when we left them behind. I STILL don't know how we did it. I'm going to be better about it this time and pay more attention. Actually eat breakfast!

I did the same thing. I didn't really want to stay at Sports. This trip is supposed to be about our little girl so, I wanted Movies. I asked for the difference in a moderate and Sports and was surprised it was only $216. So, I booked it. My husband is really excited. I'm the one that always wants to stay at a value so I have more spending money. :laughing:

The CM said we'd really love French Quarter. All the rooms were refurbished last year. Plus a fridge. I don't know what we'll do with ourselves with a fridge and a boat to Downtown Disney.

We like the dining plan. Have never gone without it. Last September we left behind 8 counter service credits. :scared1: But, it didn't upset me much because we never went hungry and we weren't paying for them when we left them behind. I STILL don't know how we did it. I'm going to be better about it this time and pay more attention. Actually eat breakfast!

We usually stay at a value but decied this year we would do a moderate. I really wanted POR but there was only a garden and river room. It was 100.00 more than a standard room and I wasn't able to make myself do it. So we went with CBR.

I'm hoping when this goes GP there will be some standard rooms. Dh says just keeps it. He wanted to stay at CBR. But I really want a queen bed.

I'm still happy we are going to disney and FD. Plus this way we don't have to tell the girls we are staying at CBR since the pop bus always go there first. They will think we are staying at pop again. When we get off at CBR they will be over the moon they think the pool looks cool.
The entire reason we went with a moderate is because we have 4 pool days worked in this year. We usually do the wp& m option but figured we would go with a better pool and hang at the resort a bit since we are there for 11 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter