September 18th, 2022: 12-Night Westbound Transatlantic from Dover to NY (Le Havre, Plymouth, Vigo, King’s Wharf)

Hi All,
We have booked some Port Adventures and onboard activities!
Day 2 D-Day Landing Beaches
Day 3 Lanhydrock House and Fowey
Day 5 The Border Country
Day 9 Couples Massage
Day 10 Palo Brunch
Day 11 Railway Trail Bike and Beach Tour

Booking Port Adventures was really tough. There were several at each port that I was very torn about. (I used the time spent on transportation getting to the actual attraction as one factor in choosing what was right for us.) Is anyone conflicted about what to do? As an example, Mont San Michel Abbey sounded fascinating to us, but the round trip travel time didn’t seem like a way to use our time. Thoughts?

Am I reading this week's email from Disney correctly?

I'm interpreting it was meaning that we will (independently, at our own cost) need to take a COVID test 1 to 2 day before sail date (9/18). That seems to mean that we can get tested on Friday, September 16th. We then will have to submit the results by Saturday midnight. It looked like Disney had an arrangement with a lab to do the testing for $32, BUT, when I went to that firm's website it seems that the firm doesn't provide kits in the US. The two links to testing in the US both go to the same website.

We'll need to upload "documentation" of a negative test to the Sail Screen website. Since we can't start our account on Sail Screen until fifteen days before departure, I can't determine how that will be done, and what documentation is needed.

We fly to London on Friday evening 9/16 , so will have to hope we can get tested without problems before we leave, and then get it posted to the website.

It might be easier to show up at the port without doing the test:
"Fully vaccinated guests who do not upload the required pre-trip test results on the Sail Screen app by midnight prior to embarkation day must be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be £60 (GBP) for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, £105 (GBP) for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service."

This is definitely getting to be painful.

Edit: I see that there is a thread on the main cruise page https://www.disboards.com/threads/know-before-you-go-updated-may-17-testing-rule-changes.3883524/ about the testing changes. There are 24 pages, so it will take me quite a while to wade through it to see if it provides additional insight.
And I just saw https://onpoint-testing.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvfyqfmD-QIVDa7ICh2ijQXkEAAYASAAEgLX3fD_BwE More reading! That thread mentions a $14.99 virtual test where you use your own test kit. Sounds like a potential option. I just ordered the free home COVID test from the postal service: https://special.usps.com/testkits

Edit2 (7/27): I've scheduled two virtual supervised tests with Onpoint at 6 am on the Friday we fly to the UK. No test kits from USPS yet.
Disney has no update on Bermuda, specifically COVID testing. They may have something in August. Disney rep told me last night that there will be plenty of tests onboard if needed before arrival in Bermuda.

Edit 3 (7/31): I received the free COVID tests ordered through USPS. Their expiration date is 9/14, two days before our predeparture test is scheduled.
They were apparently manufactured in March. The general population demand for the tests is significantly lower now, so it seems they are sending out kits stockpiled in the spring that are approaching expiration. We may have to purchase some from a local pharmacy or Walmart.

Last edited:
I'm using Onpoint and bringing our own tests and already have an appointment scheduled. We will already be in London at this time, . Also I have 2 Emed tests I am bringing as a backup in case Onpoint is giving us issues.

Received this from DCL after I requested when Pirate night was. Looks like Frozen is replacing pirate night. Sorry if someone posted this already.

Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line!

I would be happy to assist.

1659968211350.png

Also I inquired about testing and registering for Bermuda Covid testing requirement because the info on social media websites is all over the place Received today. . See below.

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

Currently, there are no updates to any covid testing requirements leaving from our European Ports.
If anything does change we will communicate it promptly.

The current guidelines are as followed:

Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing – Fully Vaccinated Guests
Fully vaccinated guests on sailings departing from a European port on or after July 30, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken 1 to 2 days before their sail date. Test Results must be uploaded on the Sail Screen app available on the Project Screen by Prenetics website by midnight prior to embarkation day. Antigen tests must be completed using a professionally proctored in-person or telehealth service and come with digital results that can be uploaded to the Project Screen website. A nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or PCR test also is acceptable. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party vendor, Project Screen by Prenetics for $32 (USD) or £30 (GBP). Guests may also obtain a test from any independent testing supplier.

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing:
Fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload the required pre-trip test results on the Sail Screen app available on the Project Screen by Prenetics website by midnight prior to embarkation day must be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be £60 (GBP), or 550kr (DKK) for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, £105 (GBP), or 927kr (DKK) for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service.

Guests with positive COVID-19 test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts—will be denied boarding.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

Angie
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

Thanks for further updates on the testing.

I got good news about my free at home tests from the USPS which show an expiration date of 9/14/22. They are included in the FDA Center for Devices' extended expiration clearance https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...vices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list
Although they are marketed by Roche, which wasn't on the extended list, they were manufactured by SD Biosensor, which IS on the list. My particular lot is extended to December 14th. https://www.fda.gov/media/159640/download

And I'm off to pick up some Apple Air Tags to put inside my checked luggage. They won't ensure that my bags will make it to Heathrow, but at least I should be able to figure out where they are. I'm hoping that the luggage issues will be alleviated if travel volume drops in September.

Hi All,
I am super excited to go on this trip, but it is coming so fast and I am getting overwhelmed with the COVID things.
I do hope some "20" year olds are coming. I have an 18 and 22, plus two old"er" people.
Also, does anyone know how time zones work on a cross-ocean cruise?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Happy Magic day all.
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie!
I feel you with all the last minute things that have to be done! EEEK
From what I've found in past navigators, we'll adjust on the ocean crossing every day or so. There will be a note in your stateroom about a time change over night. I'm personally looking forward to doing it incrementally instead of in one chunk when like you do when flying. :)

Yes it is easier since your body has more time to adjust. We did the 2015 EBTA and it wasn't really that noticeable.

Thank you all. That was my question. I was just hoping for a time zone a day and not "surprise" in Bermuda.

In the Facebook group for the Transatlantic many people who booked GTY have been assigned their rooms today.

@#$%!
I've been trying to decide the best way to see the Lion King show at DLP - advance ticket (~$17 extra) or general admission.
I just found this new announcement:
"This show is on a scheduled break from 19 September to 10 November 2022."

Edit: (Monday 8/15) I received the email from Disney today about Bermuda's testing requirements. I think Disney was hoping that Bermuda might drop that requirement, but no such luck.
There's discussion on the main cruise forum (https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...zation-to-get-off-ship-at-port.3884173/page-3) concerning whether you need to get the authorization if you are not planning on getting off the ship in Bermuda. The consensus opinion seems that it will be needed to be presented in Dover prior to boarding.
The Bermuda travel authorization site (https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation) doesn't show the Disney Magic yet, but it also doesn't show any cruises for other cruise lines that are more than 30 days out. They may be adding cruises to their list as the 30 day window to get the authorization opens. After I do the Disney check-in, I'll look for it again.

Last edited:
I emailed DCL and this is the response in the Bermuda fee. I posted in another thread.

xxxxxxxx xxxx
Aug 15, 2022, 11:53 AM EDT
Can you get on the ship if you don't pay the $40 fee?

Darlene (Disney Cruise Line)
Aug 15, 2022, 6:49 PM EDT
Dear xxxxxxxxx xxxx,

All Guests must have an electronic or paper copy of the Travel Authorization to show at embarkation.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you.

Have a Magical Day!

Darlene
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

I emailed DCL and this is the response in the Bermuda fee. I posted in another thread.

xxxxxxxx xxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxx xxxx,

All Guests must have an electronic or paper copy of the Travel Authorization to show at embarkation.

Have a Magical Day!

Darlene
Disney Cruise Line

xxxxxxxx xxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxx xxxx,

Have a Magical Day!

Darlene
Disney Cruise Line

We have no intention of getting off the ship in Bermuda. Do we still need to pay for and receive this authorization just to board in Dover?

xxxxxxxx xxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxx xxxx,

Have a Magical Day!

Darlene
Disney Cruise Line

I called the Castaway Club phone number yesterday about this issue (only 18 min. wait). The woman who answered did not know the answer, so she checked with two of her supervisors. After a 15 min. wait, they could not confirm that we needed the Travel Authorization to board the Magic in Dover even if we were not getting off in Bermuda. She said that if we had not heard from DCL by Aug. 29, to clarify this issue, we should call them back. I can't believe that the whole ship has to get this document, get tested and pay $40 just for the privilege of docking at their port. Does this mean that all cast members, officers and staff on the Magic have to do this as well??? Strange...but then, we are going into the Bermuda Triangle...what's next?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter