September 17, 2023 Disney Dream Transatlantic from Southampton, England - 11 Night Cruise

Logged in this morning at 7.00 am UK time as Pearl members and managed to book everything we wanted.
Hope everyone else gets there choices.

Logged in this morning at 7.00 am UK time as Pearl members and managed to book everything we wanted.
Hope everyone else gets there choices.

Glad you got what you wanted! Other than specialty dining, what else were the options available for booking?

My DH and I are so excited to being going on this Transatlantic Westbound Cruise. It will be my 16th and my husbands 15th and we will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary! Looking forward to lots of sea days!!!

Thinking to take this cruise with my husband and 3year old instead of flying. My husband and I did a Mediterranean cruise before but never a transatlantic. Just wondering if we will be able to entertain my 3 year old on sea days as he’s a very active kid and doesn’t nap and doesn’t even do strollers. Anybody experience with this? I also think there might not be that many kids as it’s during schooldays. Any tips/advice are welcome!

Just booked this cruise as a late 50th bday present. We are also from Virginia!

It will just be me and DH. Our plan is to do a week in Paris, then take the train to London and then Southampton.

This is our 6th Disney cruise so we are gold, but we booked so late all the dessert tastings and palo brunches are sold out, as well as most shore excursions. I guess we'll try to book brunch etc onboard.

We did a WBTA on Royal Caribbean and loved it, so very much looking forward to this and hoping the weather cooperates. We got an extended balcony so really want to utilize it for some relaxation!

Just booked this cruise as a late 50th bday present. We are also from Virginia!

It will just be me and DH. Our plan is to do a week in Paris, then take the train to London and then Southampton.

This is our 6th Disney cruise so we are gold, but we booked so late all the dessert tastings and palo brunches are sold out, as well as most shore excursions. I guess we'll try to book brunch etc onboard.

We did a WBTA on Royal Caribbean and loved it, so very much looking forward to this and hoping the weather cooperates. We got an extended balcony so really want to utilize it for some relaxation!
Welcome Robin and congrats on your 50th! We are in the same place, as we weren't able to book Palo, however, we did get a dinner reservation at Remy's one evening. Hopefully, this cruise will be similar to past experiences- and we'll be able to easily book a Palo Brunch and Dinner on the Boat.

Welcome Robin and congrats on your 50th! We are in the same place, as we weren't able to book Palo, however, we did get a dinner reservation at Remy's one evening. Hopefully, this cruise will be similar to past experiences- and we'll be able to easily book a Palo Brunch and Dinner on the Boat.
Thank you! We're excited to be here!

We've never had to book dining onboard before so I'm a little nervous, but if we can't get a slot it's not the end of the world. I'm just happy to be on the cruise. 🙂. I hope you enjoy Remy!

We've never had to book dining onboard before so I'm a little nervous, but if we can't get a slot it's not the end of the world. I'm just happy to be on the cruise. 🙂. I hope you enjoy Remy!

It's extremely likely that you'll be able to book a Palo brunch onboard. We've had to do it a couple of times and we've never had a problem, even on cruises with only one or two brunch days.

We are traveling with friends who were not able to get a Palo brunch even though we booked it and our reservations are linked. I have no concern because we will almost certainly be able to add them when we board. By the way, that will open up a table for 2 as we shift to a table for 4, so there should be at least one table for 2 available for you!

Hi everyone! Can’t wait for this trip! It will be just my husband and I, our 6th Disney cruise, first time coming into New York. It’s our first transatlantic but we’ve always wanted to do one, so when the Canadian Resident discount was offered we figured this is the time! We’re from Ontario, Canada and will be flying out of Toronto to Heathrow and then National Express to Southampton for three nights before the cruise. We plan to explore Southampton one day and take the train to Portsmouth another day.

We are from Alberta Canada. It will be my DH and our adult DD.
We are on our 7th Disney cruise and our 16th cruise. This will be our second WBTA.
We have booked our flights, hotels, and some tours. We didn't manage to book the tour in Vigo that we wanted but we found a shore excursion tour of Vigo and Baiona through Spain Day Tours. They also offer tours in Lisbon. The only drawback is that they require 14 people for the tour to run. Here is the link to the Vigo tours https://www.spaindaytours.com/spain-shore-excursions/vigo-shore-excursion/.
We are sure that we will all have a wonderful time!

Just booked this cruise and are looking at hotel options in London and best way to get into London from Heathrow. There are three of us, making it more difficult to find a single room in the hotels. I spoke to Disney and their hotels are definitely a no go at close to $800 a night with one hotel only offering a king size bed for three people and the other offering a King and a roll away. Neither hotel includes breakfast as the Disney hotels have in our past experience in Europe. We live in Maryland with our daytime flight booked out of Dulles and we will be taking either the train or bus home.
We're flying into Heathrow, picking up a car and heading to a hotel Newberry that we like. Close to Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey), it gives us time to visit Stonehenge Sunday morning on our way to the port.

Hello everyone-
DW and I are platinum cruisers, this will be #20 (I think?) and our second on the Dream. We booked during the VGT sale , still awaiting our cabin assignment. We're from Sacramento, CA, flying SFO to LHR pre-cruise, arriving Saturday. We decided to skip London this time and stay in Newbury, we have a Doubletree there that we really like. We used free days with National to book a one way rental LHR to Southhampton and will turn the car in near the port. My wife is an educator, this is her first year working in a senior management position that is not tied to a school site/calendar so we jumped on this TA

Anyone have recommendations for non-DCL excursions in Vigo and Lisbon? Not thrilled with their options. I'll be interested to the what/when of stateroom assignments for folks with GT bookings.

Anyone have recommendations for non-DCL excursions in Vigo and Lisbon? Not thrilled with their options. I'll be interested to the what/when of stateroom assignments for folks with GT bookings.
Welcome, Jake! In Vigo, we are doing this food tour. It's limited to ten people, and according to the guide they have three slots open.

We also have a VGT booking are are eagerly waiting for our assignment. If it means anything, a bunch of the EBTA *GT assignments were made around 3-4 weeks before sailing.

For anyone interested who has not yet checked in, we checked in yesterday at midnight (as Aug 9 changed to Aug 10) and got a Port Arrival Time of 11:30 with Boarding Group 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter