September 15 Wonder Roll Call

Only two more days of work to go for me....I expect these to be among the two longest days.......

But a new question has arisen for me. I was up at 3am this morning with a sneezing fit. My ragweed allergy has been pretty much under control but now I wonder if there is a way I can check the pollen count in Orlando...anyone know? I looked at a few weather sites but could not find any info?

Try this one. Look at the right towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Orlando.html

Got the same problem. This summer has been relatively mild for me here in Ohio. Not as bad as prior years. May have something to do with the fact that we haven't had any significant rain since May.

Gillian, I will probably be getting to the port about the same time as you. See you there.

GILLIAN Have a safe trip & HAPPY SAILING :)

I hope we hook up so we can meet. I will be the oversized huge 5 11 inch person w a short hubby who's going bald. :) chasing all those kids w my hand on my back keeping all those herniated disks pushed in :)

Hope fully we all can meet at 4:30 right ????? deck 10 starboard ???

4:30 might be too soon after muster. I'll try to get to deck 10 forward, starboard side around the area above the quartermaster deck as soon as I can, but I think 4:50 would be the optimum time in order to be able to partake of the sail-away libations as well as be in position to see the ship leave port and hear that "Wonder"ful horn.

To all leaving this weekend, have a safe trip and a great time at WDW.

We're finally on our way, with a boadload of luggage! It looks like good travel weather today, and possibly a nice weekend. We're planning on buying ponchos first thing though!

Good bye! We'll see you on the 15th at the port or at 4:50 :)

Wow...have a good trip. We hope to see you on the ship!

Hey...am I the only person who's not leaving until the 15th? :(

Yikes...nothing like cutting it close! Fortunately, our flight should land at MCO at 9:45am, and my last two flights to Orlando have landed 1/2 hour early. Not sure if anyone else needs motion sickness stuff, but I just ordered a ton of stuff from drugstore.com (sunblock, etc.) and now have a lifetime supply of Meclizine. It is the same active ingrediant as Bonine, but Bonine was 4.99 for 8, while this was 5.99 for 100! Soooo...if anyone needs some, let me know! I have to do a ton of laundry this week before we pack...

100 pills? Well, you only need 8 for 2 people for 4 days so you have enough extra all of us. What cabin are you, LOL!

I just packed the last of our carry on junk, and put clean sheets on the bed. Now we just have to shower & wait for the car to pick us up. I hope it has a big trunk!

VllyGrrl - If the seas get rough, you can start a dispencery and pay for your next cruise. You know the old saying about supply and demand, them that has gets, them that don't pay!

We'll be heading out for the nice long 23 hr drive all 7 in the van on Fri. afternoon. I'm gonna borrow some of that bonine so i can sleep all the way there. I hope it's some pretty strong stuff :) to get over the loud noise of 5 kids giggling all the way to fantasy land :)

Here's what r car will say

(sailboat) + ing 2 WDW

Honk if you (heart 4 love) God & WDW !!

& America Bless God...

let's hope the cops don't go ohhhhhh looook a bunch of stupid tourist they'll give us lots of their money so let's just stop emmmm

I don't know if my nerves could handle a 23 hour drive with 5 kids. Good luck Lowe6.
Why is it that the last week before a vacation seems the hardest. I am trying to clear things up at work before I go. Then yesterday my 33 year old brother has a heart attack. He will be fine, but now I will be worried about him the whole time I am away. Good thing there are so many bars on the ship, I am going to need them!!

Motherhen,
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. What a shocker for a man so young. We'll be thinking of you and your family. How's he doing?

Thanks everyone for your concern.

My brother is doing well. The heart attack was a very mild one. This was just a big wake up call for him to stop smoking and start eating right. Heart problems run in my family. My mom died at age 56 from heart disease and problems related to smoking. So we knew that one of the kids in the family would have the same problem, I just thought it would be when we were a little older.

It's into the final countdown, we have less than seven days to go and we are getting ready. Hope everyone has a safe and restfull week.

I can't believe this my sons best friend called today to tell me he can't come because he kissed a girl yesturday & his parents are quite upset (he's 12). I let her know (mom) that kids will be kids & it's not like a catastrophic event. But I was frustrated in knowing that she was willing to punish my son for what occured plus they have a 3rd friend they are meeting at WDW. I'm very disappointed but what do you do ?

You all have safe travel & may the upgrade fairy pixie dust you all :)

Lowe6 - not only is she punishing your son, but what about the reservation that goes unused? Ouch! That's really got to hurt. Hope you work things out with her this week.

Did you ever find out the dining times?

Yes it's a waste of money. I was trying to see if I could get us upgraded to connecting cabins but DCL won't do it & the cost is quite high to this. So right now it's a wait & see thing. Whatever I guess ....

From what I've read elsewhere, I am expecting dinner times to be 5:45 and 8:00 for our cruise. Right now this is what is being used on the Wonder while the Magic is at 5:30 and 7:45. Everything ends later this month unless DCL decides otherwise. I have to believe that the 5:45 and 8:00 times are the best compromise when it comes to second seating being too late at 8:30 and the first seating being too early at 5:30. The only other choice would be to go to open seating for dinner like they have on other cruise lines, and I would definately not be in favor of that.

Been toying with the idea of asking for an upgrade when checking in at port, but after reading the threads on the noise from deck 9, I may just go ahead and stay where I am on deck 6. I would hate to "upgrade" to a room and then find it not that comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter