September 15 Wonder Roll Call

I am so mad I took my 3 girls w me to do the hair thing today & my oldest told the hair girl she wanted it a little shorter. He hair was a little past her shoulder. She now has hair right below her earlobes. I am sooooo PISSED . I feel like all our family pictures are going to be ruined. She has never had hair this short in her life. Her hair is the type that is think & the longer it is the more curly it gets. Now she has hair at her earlobe & it sticks straight out & she looks like a boy. I think it's going to take a long time to get over this one. It takes alot to make me really mad but this time mad would be a polite word for what I am right now.

Lowe6, can you do hair braids with it that short? If not, you may have just saved yourself a couple of bucks. Look at the bright side, it won't take that long to blow dry now. As my barber says, if you are unhappy about your cut, come back in three weeks and he'll do it again (and he usually does).

All my gals went to short hair a long time ago. Guess it's just the way we are getting today, we want it fast and convenient.

Smile and remember - you aced it without having to do the finals. That should get you over any hurdle.

Hey CmraMan, any special plans for the DW turning the big four-oh next month? The real question is, did you get there first so it's payback time or does she view this as a rehersal for the really big show? I'm sure MotherHen doesn't get mad. If she's anything like my DW, she just gets even!

I'm sorry about the hair! I got mine cut & it is all weird & wavy. gel & hairspray bother my contacts so I'm stuck with frizz until it grows.

No chat fest tonight! I have planning to do :)

Lowe6-
I am sorry to hear about your DD's hair. I just went from having hair past to the middle of my back to hair just below my ears. VERY BIG change for me. My hairdresser kept telling me that it was just hair and it would grow out. At first I hated it, but now I really like it. I had very wavy, curly hair, but I just had it straightened so no more frizz, curl or waves. Tell DD to live with it for a while and remember it will grow.

Katesdad-
No, DH did not beat me to 40. I have to put up with the old lady jokes from him for 3 months until he catches up with me. I am one of the lucky people, I have never felt or looked my age. I used to work in the school photo business and when ever I went to work in high schools, I was always asked to see my hall pass! Even well past my 30's. This cruise is what Cmraman is giving me for my 40th, and Christmas, and anniversary, and any other gift giving holiday for the next year or so.

Thanks for the encouragement. You all are great. So did we decide where we are going to meet?

I'm trying to get excited this trip but 2 wks feels like forever right now :)

Katesdad-
Motherhen's 40th was more of a convenient excuse to give ourselves a cruise than any special significance. Neither of us give our age any real thought. (I had planned to use her and DS's birthdays to gain an advantage on the upgrade circuit though)

MotherHen, wish I could say the same thing, but I had this grey hair before I reached 40 and it's just gotten worse since then. Now I have to worry about the next decade catching up with me.

Lowe6, I thought we would try to get together Sunday at 4:50 on Deck 10 starboard side forward. If I remember correctly, there are some stairs going up from deck 9 to deck 10 right outside the health club/spa area. There is a place that is one deck down where they might be piloting the ship out of the harbor (I don't know if they use the starboard or port side for this) but we should be able to watch if they are on our side. Also, we'll be close enough to the party to get the drinks but it shouldn't be too loud there. We'll also be able to hear the ship's horn blare away from there very nicely. Just look for the fat guy with a Cleveland Browns cap on.

Lowe6, I just noticed on one of your earlier posts that you sailed in January. Is this the return trip they gave you for $99?

As I have it now:

9/15/02 DISers:

VllyGrrl & DH 2nd seating
(Pam & Tom) Middletown, NJ
WDW-BWI 19th-22nd

CmraMan & MotherHen &DS11
(Bill, Dee & Alec) 2nd seating
York PA
Deck 7
WDW-BC 12th-15th
WDW-Poly 19th-21st

Lowe6 & DH & 2 12yr B, 2 10yr G, 1 6yr G
1st seating
Deck 7
WDW 19th – 27th

Katesdad & DW 2nd seating
(Keith & Sharon) Cincinnati, Ohio
Deck 6
WDW-WL 19th – 20th

Gillian & BeerGuru & DS2
(Lisa, Kevin & Griffin) 1st seating
New Jersey
Deck 6
WDW 7th – 15th

Toad & 3 Cousins 1st seating
Toronto, ON & California
Deck 6
WDW- GF 11th – 15th

Kathy & Dave & Spencer (3.5) & Benjamin (1.5)
1st seating
Dallas, Texas
WDW-GF 12th – 15th

Katesdad -

Just a big thank you for all the time and effort you've put into getting this group together, and keeping this thread going consistantly for the past several months! :D

Hi all I hope I get to meet with you. It may be hard with all the kids signing up & Palos & spa sign ups but we are looking forward to it.

I wish this was a $99. cruise. Those were given out for 3 day cruises only.

Our Jan. cruise was just my husband & I. We went on the Grand Princess. It is a fabulous ship & perfect for rest & relaxation. There are no set dinner times so you basically show up to eat when your in the mood. It's like regular rest. seating. The pools are open 24 hours & they are filled with fresh water which is nice.
I really enjoyed that cruise much more than the 2 previous on Carnival.

Didn't realize the $99 was for a three day only. Bummer. Four is short enough. I'd like to learn more about the Carnival line and compare it to DCL. I would like to try other lines, just not sure I haven't been spoiled by my one cruise two years ago on the Magic.

Hope to see you all on board at some time or other.

Hi!
I second that motion Vllygrrl, thanks Katesdad, so nice to have friends already! We're getting excited to get going. WDW seems almost second hand now, if that's possible. We're definitely planning to meet at 4:50. I do believe we're in 8034 if for any reason we don't hook up, come on by.
Lowe6, do you have two sets of twins and then one or am I reading that wrong? Congratulations on on your academia! Sounds like you're doing great. Are you done now?
Cmraman- thanks for the pointers on ressies and the Sea Bands. Check. I got the three sets that my local Walgreens had, just in case. I guess DS1 will have to suffer (ha-ha). I imagine they sell them on the boat? We want to eat with our kids as much as possible AND use Flounders as much as possible. I guess we'll just eat a lot. Oh, the work....
Gillian, maybe we'll book a late dinner at Palos on the third night too and if Spence, Benjams and Griffin are buddies before you bring him to Flounders he'll be ok. Mine are always ok getting dropped off if they're together. No, I assure you (or me?) that 37 isn't old. I'm 36 (tomorrow) and WILL NOT believe that.
Toad, look for us on the bus from the GF. Was it you that wrote something about bringing a blender from Canada (I'm not looking at the the thread now)? We'll get along just fine!
By the way, are there seating times for breakfast and lunch too??
Really looking forward to it:D

Hey-Dave here (DH). See you on board. Nice we could meet beforehand. You can probably find me and the boys (and Mickey Mouse) at the ESPN club!

Kathy, no seating times for breakfast or lunch except for the morning of departure. Then, you go back to the same dining room you were at the night before to have breakfast. Don't remember the times, but they will be posted in the Navigator.

Dave, see you in the Sky Box,

Anyone get the upgrade call yet? Seems the three day cruises around us are busy moving people up a notch. I had the TA call DCL to find out what it would cost me to go to a Cat 3. She said all I needed was $2,336 more and I could have a Cat 3 room. FORGET IT! Let's wait and see what's available at the port. By the way, there are Cat 2, 3, 4, 5 and all other levels still available in case anyone is wondering.

Gillian, you are getting close, but then so is the tropical storm!

Hi all I'm finally done w school & I'm actually getting a little excited now.

Scool went well I got an A 96% in 1 class & I'm preety sure I got an A in the other class.

I do not have 2 sets of twins only 1. My son 12 is taking his best friend w/ him 12 also. They are 1 week apart. :)

Happy Packing everyone :Pinkbounc

Am I the only one who feels like the last week has taken longer than the year and a half since I booked this cruise?:confused:

It's going way too fast for me! I only have 1 day left to finish everything! I still have a long list.

congrats lowe6!

Have a great week everyone! We'll be at the beach club villas & then the animal kingdom lodge this week. I hope to get to the port fairly early, but not as early as katesdad! We are having breakfast at Boma at 8 am and then leaving for the port.

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter