September 15 Wonder Roll Call

We're too shy ;).
More questions from the novice:
My travel agent is fairly unhelpful and rather uninformed. I called WDW today where I spoke to a very crabby woman who wouldn't help me because I booked through a travel agent! Voila, you're my travel agents!
Has anyone done Cat 3 and stayed at the GF? There's too much conflicting info out there on what rooms to request. We apparently have a standard room. I was initially under the impression we had concierge service there too but am now thinking not. Can we request upgrades? Are they ever "magically" given? If not, is there a favorite part of the resort anyone can suggest? Not that it matters much but if they're giving, we're taking. I was reading talk of upgrades on the Wonder so it sparked my interest.
Can the boys (1 and 3) wear shorts to dinner or does the dress code hold for all?
Lowe- I went back to school after 15 years too. MA in Counseling. You?
Gillian- I have to crazy cats too
Katesdad- My husband is from Ohio. BIG Buckeye guy (I'm a Badger, myself).
Thanks again for any advice!

Shy?
Um... Yeah, right.
I don't think the shy ones post here.
We definitely need to get together onboard. I think the green ribbons may be too subtle. How about green hair? (Just kidding) Maybe if everyone's bringing family band radios we could pick a channel (And subchannel) and make contact once onboard. Passing out cabin numbers at this point would probably scare the paranoid and since I hope to finagle an upgrade to my cat5 (Not too hopeful but...) it's probably pointless. Picking a meeting time and place might work but past experience tells me that it has to be an out of the way place (Or everybody else will be meeting someone there) and it has to be a time when nothing else is scheduled or someone won't make it. And then everyone has to remember. And no little things can come up. It's weird but I have met more people I know at Disney by accident then by pre-planning. Any Ideas?

However, it seems that the meeting never really happens due to the fact that we're on vacation and schedules must remain flexible. Having said that, after muster (say around 4:50) on deck 10, forward, starboard side before the basketball court. I'll try to be there with my camera bag which will have a lime green ribbon on it. Look for the beautiful petite gal (my DW) hanging around a fat guy with a Cleveland Browns hat on, that will be me.

Lowe6 - we're pulling for you. Keep it up and good luck with the finals. How many more years of this do you have to go through?

CmraMan - I, like you, am hoping to do the upgrade shuffle when checking in but only if I am truly getting a better room. Currently on deck six, midship slightly aft on the starboard side, directly across from Gillian on the port side, I don't want to go higher unless the room is a Cat 3 or better. Not likely to happen.

Toad - You still on board?

Gillian & Kathy - will the 4:50 time work given the fact that dinner may be at 5:30 for the first seaters? By the way, has anyone called to confirm that they really did switch the times? My docs show the old times for dinner.

Kathy - Can't help you with the GF. That is one of the few places we haven't stayed at yet at WDW. We plan on doing it some time before we get too old to enjoy it, but for now, we are going to the WL for a one night stay after the cruise to check that place out. Dinners on the 4-day seem to be more relaxed than on the 7-day. I would think there should be no problem for your boys and shorts.

Hey everyone!

I REALLY am shy! DH doesn't believe me, but it's true.

I think we could do 4:50. Where is the party?

We are the pale chubby couple (me dark hair, husband light brown) with the blonde 2 year old brat. Actually, he is shy as well & usually pretty good :) We have no sports clothing, I'm sorry to say.

Maybe we could exchange photos by email? I do have a lime green painters cap from a wedding that says "Rich & Annarose...FINALLY" but i was planning to leave it at home :teeth:

Kathy - Do you know where the resorts board is? Click on The DIS Discussion Forums just below the ad with the boat & look for Disney resorts. There are a lot of experts over there who can help with your room requests. There are different room themes at the GF. I think that when doing a land/sea package you are kind of limited. But it can never hurt to request a change or ask for an upgrade when you get there if you aren't happy. just don't let the bellman unload your stuff if you don't like your assigned room :)

About the shorts, the only thing the dress code requests is no shorts, so I was planning to bring some khakis along for DS. I really don't think it matters, though. On the night(s) we're doing Flounders I think I'll put him in shorts & a nice shirt. He doesn't really have any cute shorts stuff, just gap-type casual.

Ok, please shut me up now!

Lisa

Gillian: DW tells me she's shy too. I don't believe her either.

Katesdad: We are OK with 4:50. We will be the "Mutt & Jeff" looking couple with the 10 year old boy taller than his mother.
(Motherhen is 5' 2" and "Pooh-sized" I'm just big.) I'm not sure if I'll find a ribbon for the camera bag in time but I definitely won't be wearing my Ravens hat (Maybe an Orioles cap - Less rivalry there)

We're on deck 7 midship (C'mon elusive upgrade!!!)

Hi Katesdad

Yes we are still here - so much to do to get ready for this trip that I haven't had much chance to get back to you all. I've spent most of the sumer making notes, lists, and so on to ensure I don't forget a thing. We are also on Deck 6, but I haven't a clue where specifically. We upgraded our land portion to the GF and I am going to try for an upgrade to our cabin. Still, don't plan on being in it much so if we don't get an upgrade, that is still ok.:D

I am getting frantic! I don't know if I can pack for 3 people for 14 days in 3 different locations!

Currently I am agonizing over our meals & budget. I'm trying to lay out cash/traveller's checks for everything in WDW before the cruise. Do you know how expensive it is to eat at WDW??!! I should know, because I was just there in March, LOL!

Help, please!

Sounds like you need a quick trip to AC for the cash, can't help you there!

Actually, I do know how expensive it is to eat at WDW. Try it with three teenagers.

Thank goodness food is included on the cruise. I could never afford to feed DS10 at WDW for 10 days. I simply don't make that kind of money... ;)

It's bad enough he eats as much as he does but his palate is way too sophisticated. He isn't happy if the escargot is served italian style (He prefers french style) and he knows the difference between "presentation" and "plate" I guess I may have to restrict his access to the Food Network.

Most kids find out their going to WDW and start thinking about the rides. Alec started his planning with the restaurants. ("What? Disney has rides too!?!"):)

Wow it looks like everyone went GABBY all at once :)

First off I'm an old returning adult student who has never finished because of lack of money. I was given an incredibly wonderful free ride opportunity. So I decided not to look the gift horse in the mouth.

My major is business with a minor in TRAVEL :). I'm 37 & I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up :)

I nailed my presentation last nite ( worth 25%) of my grade.
I received 205 points out of 200. YEAH ! I have enough points that I don't have to do the final exam to get an A. As for how many yrs well..... what's that saying about being a lifelong learner..well they wrote that for folks in life who bloom late :)

So I'm curious CMRaman I see your're on the 7th floor. So are we. We have 2 cabins.

If we are going to make an attempt to meet the times are great but I haven't seen a location or perhaps I'm missing something.

gillian I can understand your frustration we are packing for 7 people 2 A 5 Kids We are also trying to seperate it for 3 places but since were smart people we'll figure it out somhow :)

Yes, Lowe6, you are very smart! Congrats on the great score :)

I sure hope 37 isn't old! ;)

It looks like the current dining times are 5:45 & 8:00. I'm glad we didn't change. And it really doesn't matter, because who knows what kind of schedule we'll be on after a week at Disney. Today, DS woke up at 7, napped from 4 to 6 and is still up now (9:15). he usually naps from 11:30-1:30 & goes to bed at 8. I think he's getting ready for vacation ;) :p

anyone else chatty tonight?

Chatty indeed!
I'm seriously starting to think about packing. You'd think we'd have everything we need to go away for 7 days, alas, no. Shopping.
Is it a hassle to do laundry? I always think I will when I'm on a trip but then I, of course, don't want to once there. I'd love to pack light if not.
The 4:50 meeting sounds good. Basketball court. Dave-tall, short white hair. Me-short, long dark hair. Two sassy blonde boys. Benjams (the little one) looks like girl with long curly locks. Sheesh, I never had to describe my family before. Scary.
I hate to meet and run to make dinner but at least we'll know who each other are...
What's this I've heard about bracelets for sea sickness? I just bought some Bonine just in case. I've heard stories of rough seas from friends on other cruises and that doesn't sound fun.
If we make Palo ressies when board, any suggestions as to which restaurant we should skip?
14 days!

Kathy Cores: Do Palo early and your regular rotation restaurant late (Or vice-versa) or do Palo on the day at sea and miss your repeat night. The bracelets are called Sea Bands. They are usually terry cloth with a plastic button on them. You measure 2 fingers width from your palm and that's where the button goes. Motherhen gets seasick if she's in the same time zone as the ocean and wore them on our only other cruise in 1991. She didn't notice them until she took them off to shower. Then she was immediately sick. She didn't take them off on that trip. They worked so well that she wore them to control morning sickness. Two sets were the first things we packed for this trip.

Boy, that's what I get for going to bed at 9 so I can get up by 5. Sorry to miss out on the chat room last night.

Kathy, go to deck 10, starboard side, forward. If I remember correctly from two years ago, before you get to the basketball courts there are some lounge chairs and we'll be there on Sunday at 4:30. Just remember "GO BROWNS". I live in Cincinnati and my Browns will be playing the Bengals that Sunday (yes, I know the Browns are from the other side of the State). I'll miss the game but at least hope to catch the score in the ESPN box that afternoon after the shrimp and before the muster. Probably will wait until later Sunday after dinner to find out the final score.

DW and I will probably start packing on the 13th. We figure it won't be that hard to throw a swimsuit and an extra pair of shorts in a bag.

I'll work on the list of DISers for the cruise and see if I can get it posted before Monday. How much information does everyone want on everyone else? Kathy, looks like you and Toad may run into each other at the GF before coming over. Are you both using the Disney transport from WDW to the port?

Kathy, we are planning on a late dinner at Palos on the 3rd night, I think, LOL! It will be so nice to eat in peace! We will go to dinner with the kid, feed him, put him in FR, hope that he likes it & then go to Palo. I don't mind missing the show that night. I guess the only problem is eating too much :)

Originally posted by Katesdad
How much information does everyone want on everyone else?
Maybe we can PM or email to everyone instead? Add us all to your buddy list & it's like having an address book where you can check off names. But it limits you to 5 people per message. Are we more than 5 disers? you might have to send it twice.

To send a PM, or to add a buddy you can click on the icon under a person's messages or go to USER CP and just type it in the to field of the PM.

There's no direct link to user cp from the cruise board, but the pull down menu at the bottom of the page lists it - User Control Panel.

My goodness! I take a short break from the boards, and the thread has exploded!

DH is now speaking of trying to get an upgrade at the port...we already have a Navigator's Verandah...is it worth it to change? Katesdad, I know you are going to attempt an upgrade too...best of luck! It looks like there are a ton of rooms still available.

Does anyone know where we might check out the weather forecast for the cruise, when it gets closer to the date? I know I can get the Florida information 15 days out at http://www.accuweather.com but I was wondering if any of the Disney sites out there had a good link.:confused:

Yes, we'll be taking the Disney transport to the ship. You'll either find us first in line to get to the ship:p or last in line because we never want to leave GF and WDW!!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter