• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept or Nov

November 7-13 falls over Veteran's Day which may cause a slight uptick in crowds due to people being off work and school. Its also near the end of Food & Wine Festival. It does fall right after Jersey Week so the weekend of the 7th & 8th may be busy, but not as bad as Jersey Week itself. I agree with PP that November has more comfortable weather, but we've had it be downright cold in November too where jackets were needed and the pool was out of the question.

I agree that the September dates are probably better for crowds, although I doubt it will be a super noticeable difference. September will have MNSSHP which is a big draw. September is still quite hot, with high humidity that can lead to daily pop up thunderstorms.

For me, I'd rather have more comfortable weather, so we'd choose the November dates.

November for sure but I am not a fan of the heat so I will always pick the cooler months if possible. We went about 4 years ago in November and the crowds were not that bad. We planned out of FP and dining and had a plan and all went smooth.

Better crowds - September
Better weather - November

Spot on. Crowds can be very manageable in November as well if you stay away from Thanksgiving week. Also would you rather see Halloween or Christmas Decorations?

Our three favorite times.

1. Week Before Thanksgiving
2. Mid to late September
3. First week of May

I can deal with crowds in cool weather, November:earsboy:

What's more important to you? Crowds or weather? November is much nicer weather-wise, but September crowds are significantly lower.
Have you checked prices? September is probably cheaper for tickets/room rates, but I don't know how much. If budget is a concern, you may want to run the numbers.

Crowds can be very manageable in November as well if you stay away from Thanksgiving week.
I'd also avoid Jersey Week. OP's dates are at the tail end of Jersey Week, and coincide with Veteran's Day. Its not Spring Break level crowds, but it would be higher than OP's September dates.

November is much better for weather. It's warm, but not as hot or humid. September is still basically summer, so you have the threat of hurricanes and afternoon t-storms (though your late September dates will have lower probability than if you were there closer to Labor Day). We went to Orlando in early June last year, and it was like walking on the surface of the sun, and afternoon thunder rumbles meant temporary ride closures. November CAN get quite warm - or rather chilly. We were there in early November 2018, and it got into upper 80s, but that was apparently a slight anomaly. I've also read reports of being being surprised by unexpectedly cool weather, so bring some layers.

But September will be much better for crowds. Although there's no true off season at WDW anymore, late August and September are lower crowd times. If you are people who like personal space, and enjoy taking in the little details of Disney, then September is a much better time for being able to appreciate the imagineering that goes into the parks. September is also much more likely to have discounts.

Both of your times will be during party season, with Halloween parties in Sept and Christmas parties in Nov closing MK early. Personally, I think early MK closures are fantastic days to visit, because MK has such nice low crowds earlier in the day from people wanting to save their MK days for a "full" park day and see fireworks.

You can have a great trip no matter which time you choose. In November, you will probably be better able to power through a whole day, but the larger crowds will mean you want to get good FP. In September, you might want to do mornings at the park, take an afternoon break (bonus - you know it will always be swimming weather), and return to the parks in the evenings when it's cooler.

We were there in early November 2018, and it got into upper 80s, but that was apparently a slight anomaly. I've also read reports of being being surprised by unexpectedly cool weather, so bring some layers.
We've been in November three times and every day of each trip was hit or miss when it came to the weather. We've had 70s and 80s, and also 50s and 60s. Also had lots of rain, even though November is statistically the driest month. If a person chooses November, I would also say they should be ok with potentially not using the pool. We didn't get to use the pool at all on one of our November trips. November is also still within hurricane season, but the activity is more prominent in September.

Early november is a good mix of weather and crowd. September is too hot and humid for me.
You also have more chance of getting an hurricane or some very bad weather.
I personally prefer May over september. Temperature are also quite high, but the weather is a bit more stable.

We've been in November three times and every day of each trip was hit or miss when it came to the weather. We've had 70s and 80s, and also 50s and 60s. Also had lots of rain, even though November is statistically the driest month. If a person chooses November, I would also say they should be ok with potentially not using the pool. We didn't get to use the pool at all on one of our November trips. November is also still within hurricane season, but the activity is more prominent in September.
True, November’s weather is more varied, even if many of us consider it more pleasant overall. September has guaranteed pool weather, though!

Better crowds - September
Better weather - November
Exactly this. Also something to think about...more rain in september. BUT sept is perfect if you wanna swim. It might be too cool in Nov to go swimming. Still between the two, i'd pick Nov. Cooler weather makes park touring more manageable.

9/18/18 - a little hot....

1583298589263.png

with that said, we will be back this September again. As has been said, there are no longer "low crowd" times, but September is the closest you'll get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter