Sept hot hot don’t know how ya all do it!

I have a 20 oz collapsable water bottle that I tried, for the first time, on a trip last October. When I come across a bottle filler or a fountain for that matter, I'll fill the bottle up and guzzle the entire thing, re-collapse it and move along. My wife doesn't guzzle her water, but I was trying to stay hydrated without carrying the weight of the bottle or the mass of a bottle. I'm back to a waste/fanny pack now and love it! I also have a shoulder bag should the weather look like I'm going to be needing to bust out a poncho, but that's it.

Mid 60'S couple here. Just back from a 5 nt trip staying at BWV.

Arrived Sunday 3 pm and went to room. Dinner reservation at 5:30 in Epcot. Egads! We about died just walking to 9 Dragons. Feels Like heat was 104 deg. After supper we went straight back to our villa.

Decided to redo our entire plan. Threw AK park out the window. Sleep in late, Go to resort pool early afternoon (which we rarely do). Go back to villa and take a shower/nap (seniors like naps). Go to the parks after 5 pm. Rinse and repeat.

It was really relaxing and fun. We were able to change all of our ADR to later time slots. The parks were emptying out as we arrived and there was reasonable wait times.

We love Sept for the low pt count which provides us the opportunity for a 1 BR. The heat and hurricane potential not so much. But with this new 'hot' mode of vacationing for us, we think we'll try it again next year.

The Extended Evening Hours at Epcot and MK really made our modified plans work.

Yeah I already said I misspoke. It’s not in the tropics. You are correct. No real effect on the point I was making, but you are awarded 10 internet correction points 👍
I like when someone chimes in to give some added info. Many times the person is giving info for all the other people reading the thread and it is not necessarily directed at the original poster.

*waves from Canada* We usually travel in May and/or September - two of the hottest months.

If I don't feel like I'm walking on the surface of the sun, it's not a vacation to me 🤣

Also love the humidity. My SKIN?? Omg it's so delightful. I fill out like a rehydrated raisin.
That’s how I felt at Niagara Falls 😂 Invigorating!

Orlando feels like being steam ironed to death.

It's hot and humid where I live and I play sports, etc all summer but I'm not going to WDW in the summer. That's a big nope for me. I've been going 20+ years and never set foot in a park between mid May and the last week of September. Even some of those weeks can be pretty darn hot but we've learned to manage it pretty well so we're not in the parks during the middle of the day.
Even the difference between early and late Oct can make a big difference

7EF1D8E6-E7B5-417A-89B9-071B633684A7.jpeg
7681A6D7-3C08-4E0B-B703-2736A6841B7B.jpeg
3B31F7F4-EF2D-4B9A-BD85-8FD220EF26CA.jpeg
Halloween week is a great time to go. Crowd levels often take a small dip that week too.

Ive been in the tropics and Orlando, which appears to often trump the tropics as to sticky icky weather IMO

Just back from 14+ days, several 104 F real feel days, factoring in walking 5-10 plus miles a day.

Northerners, we had a warm spell where it broke 90’s at home when we left home. Thot I’d be ready for it. Haha, not even when I was in my 20’s would it have been comfy

Weather in Orlando was pretty darn close to our annual 4th of July trip when we fully expect to melt. To the point we tend to only do the parks in the evening that week. Even GD agrees it’s a good plan

We visit Orlando the same times every year. This year has felt overall much warmer

That said, I hope Orlando has a cold spell over Columbus Day & a heat wave for our November/December trips! :wizard:

I love September because it has low crowds and cheap point charts.
This morning at the Magic Kingdom I did:
We almost always go at the end of August and have had the same experience. It's hot and humid with a real feel over 100* most days, but we've really scaled back on the time in the park and because lines are short, we've not waited outside very long.

DH decided he wanted to spend time at the pool in the AM because we kept getting rained out in the afternoon, so we went to MK from 1-5pm on a MNSSHP day, no G+ but we wanted to ride Tron again:

• Tron VQ
  • Space
  • Buzz
  • Pirates
  • BTMRR
  • BTMRR
  • Small World
  • Carousel
  • Tron ILL 5:15
We would have stayed to do more, but the torrential downpour started and Halloween party guests were arriving, so we left. Earlier, everything was a walk on except 7DMT which was 30 minutes. It was hot, we didn't want to wait.

On a Monday night we had dinner at Space 220 and then stayed for extra evening hours. We had some G+ booked from earlier in the day. It had rained in the afternoon and was pleasantly warm after dark. After dinner:
  • Mission Space Green (it was an expensive dinner and I wanted to continue to enjoy it ... in my belly!)
  • Test Track
  • Soarin
  • Remy
  • Guardians
  • (fireworks + shopping)
  • Guardians
  • Frozen
  • Remy

Highly recommend the filtered water bottles from Brita. I carry one and it takes all the nasty taste out of the water.
We have a larger one that we share and we love it. This last trip we refilled it and added ice whenever we could. We also had hats, cooling towels and sunglasses. A big refillable filter jug of ice water, and occasionally a spray fan, which we decided was too much hassle most of the time.

We had what seemed like a whole week or two stretch of hot (90s) and humid weather up here in New Hampshire. It was miserable for us, and we have a/c too. We were wondering why people choose to move to Florida! (We do know .) Our family could never do it.

Agreed! While it's nice Orlando has comfortable falls, it's hard to know just how chilly it'll be as the year winds down.

My daughter and I just got back last Sunday from a long-weekend trip for F&W and the Halloween Party. I'm in NJ, she is in VA, and we are no strangers to hot and humid. We prepared in many ways for this...

Rule #1 was something I read about visiting Disney in the heat..."Drink water like it's your only job". We religiously followed that, carrying refillable water bottles and when not near a filling station, buying bottles to consume/replenish. I'm going to conservatively guess that we drank at least 80 oz. each, every day - the equivalent of 5-6 bottles.

Even drinking wine and other alcohol at F&W in Epcot, all that water really made a difference.

Rule #2 was the right clothing. I discovered 'armachillo' undergarments and shorts at Duluth Trading, and man - they made a big difference in not feeling so swampy. Very lightweight t-shirts too. We'd take a break around 2pm, head back to Riviera for a rest and would then change shirts...also changed socks AND shoes to keep any foot issues away.

About the shoes - I tried Brooks sneakers this trip, two different pair. I may never wear another sneaker again, they were SO comfortable...even after 18-20,000 steps a day.

I also decided to try Lume deodorant. It really worked great, and will keep that in my toolbox for any activity in the heat.

South Louisiana here. We have about the same climate so it's just like being home. I grew up here so no big deal. Now when January gets here and it's 50 degrees I have to break out the overcoat 😂

I've been going 20+ years and never set foot in a park between mid May and the last week of September. Even some of those weeks can be pretty darn hot but we've learned to manage it pretty well so we're not in the parks during the middle of the day.
I here ya....we've been going two times a year for the last 32 years but we've never been from May thru September...our trips are always October & Feb....temps are cooler and little to no humidity...

Welcome to a Southern Summer. Similar to what we get in South-Central Texas.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter