Sept hot hot don’t know how ya all do it!

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
My glasses fogged up went I stepped out into the day! I’m from IL temps are 90° but ick.
I put that hair up and slapped a hat on it. Suntan lotion everything.

Didn’t buy genie plus every day. Cause we went in late. But did buy lightening lane to stay out of the sun and long lines. $361 for 3 of us-basically 4 days. 2 water park days and one party day.

I saw melt downs. DS said he was thirsty once I said dude you have a magic band I don’t need dehydration at any point get a drink anytime you want.

I stopped going into the park in the mornings day 3 and just waited till DD was done working remote. I did go resort hopping a day.

Yep, 90 feels different in the tropics. The much more direct sun and the humidity is something a lot of people just aren't ready for. Plus at home when it's 90 we're usually not walking 8 or 9 miles out in it all day 8-) Orlando doesn't really get the memo about fall until around mid-late October. It can still be pretty warm but that's when The Mighty Hammer of Humidity™ stops smashing down quite as hard.

It's hot and humid where I live and I play sports, etc all summer but I'm not going to WDW in the summer. That's a big nope for me. I've been going 20+ years and never set foot in a park between mid May and the last week of September. Even some of those weeks can be pretty darn hot but we've learned to manage it pretty well so we're not in the parks during the middle of the day.

To quote from from my book of tiresome & overused expressions...ahem...

"It's not the heat, it's the humidity that'll get you"

The converse of that one, for folks in Arizona complaining when it's 130 degrees outside...

"Yes, but it's a dry heat"

I love September because it has low crowds and cheap point charts.
This morning at the Magic Kingdom I did:
- 7DMT
- Winnie the Pooh
- Space Mountains
- Tron
- People Mover
- Buzz
- Pirates
- BTMRR
- Haunted Mansion
- It's a small worl
- Enchanted tales with Belle
- Little Mermaid
All by 11:15 and standby, without G+ or ILL. I could have done Barnstormer and Dumbo with 5 minutes wait too, but I wasn't interested. It was time to go back to the resort, enjoy air conditioning and the pool.

That's how I manage it, rope drop, super efficient touring, table service for lunch and/or back to the resort in the afternoon. Back to a park after 6-7pm for evening entertainment
i actually go back home rested and relaxed 🤣

It is brutally hot, no denying, but I take long trips (2 weeks at a time) so I don't have the urge to stay in a park all day. A few hours in the morning and a few in the evening are more than enough. Owning DVC helps with the lack of urgency to cram everything in one day.

Last edited:

We’ve done July or August for years at WDW (school, sports, teacher in family…), but this year was pretty brutal IMHO. Although it has been no picnic here in SE PA either (the dew points have been high), “real feel” temps of 104 or so were the norm on our recent trip. I realize I am getting older and can’t adjust as well as I used to, but those numbers are no joke. Even DH, who doesn’t normally doesn’t mind the heat, looked at me and said “I know we love it here, but this is just crazy”. I am glad we are DVC members because I personally feel no great hesitation on taking it easy when the temps are high. I am much looking forward to our November trip. I think I am done with summer trips. The spirit is willing, but the body says “Can we talk”!?

I'm from Georgia. Same temps, same rains. The only difference is I don't walk so many miles at home. But I am a gardener so I'm more used to heat and humidity.
I've been doing pretty good. But I'm on a scooter that has a fan.
And I take sit down lunch breaks and do the shows during afternoon heat.
When it gets to the point when I can't stand it, I go back to the room.

I was warm for a short period Monday when the sun came out in the afternoon.

I’m on the balcony now with my coat on and cold!!
I’m from Florida and this is cold to me.
Where is the humidity? Lol

85 here is cool compared to Florida 85.

Maybe its just me, but I find no reason for sunscreen in a Florida summer.

Why you ask? Because its too hot to stay in the sun that long. Intentional or not.

In the Spring and fall, absolutely. But we were just at BWV in August, it was 97 most days, no rain, and we were not in the sun long enough to get burned. Sunscreen just makes everything feel worse. I leave it off and just look for shade, even when walking around.

We love our labor day weekend trip because of the low crowds, but people need to make sure and hydrate. I did not do that the morning we did MK and when I went to sign the check at Plaza after lunch I couldn't hold onto the pen and write. Luckily I was able to down a couple of glasses of water after that and I was better, but it was a little scary.

We love our labor day weekend trip because of the low crowds, but people need to make sure and hydrate. I did not do that the morning we did MK and when I went to sign the check at Plaza after lunch I couldn't hold onto the pen and write. Luckily I was able to down a couple of glasses of water after that and I was better, but it was a little scary.
100%. Our last trip I got moderately dehydrated the first day. Chapped lips, dry tongue, and generally felt terrible. Bad part just drinking some extra water isn't enough. It can take days for your body to recover, and that's when you're resting and not trying to tour theme parks 9 hours again the next day 🤣

I never really felt right the rest of week. Lesson learned!

Reactions: shh
100%. Our last trip I got moderately dehydrated the first day. Chapped lips, dry tongue, and generally felt terrible. Bad part just drinking some extra water isn't enough. It can take days for your body to recover, and that's when you're resting and not trying to tour theme parks 9 hours again the next day 🤣

I never really felt right the rest of week. Lesson learned!
For me I did fine at Epcot and HS because the water tastes fine, but that Bay Lake area water is just, well gross...hence I didn't drink it. I don't like spending money on bottled water, but I will make the exception at MK from now on.

And, yes, it probably took a good week to fully feel normal.

For me I did fine at Epcot and HS because the water tastes fine, but that Bay Lake area water is just, well gross...hence I didn't drink it. I don't like spending money on bottled water, but I will make the exception at MK from now on.

And, yes, it probably took a good week to fully feel normal.
Highly recommend the filtered water bottles from Brita. I carry one and it takes all the nasty taste out of the water.

*waves from Canada* We usually travel in May and/or September - two of the hottest months.

If I don't feel like I'm walking on the surface of the sun, it's not a vacation to me 🤣

Also love the humidity. My SKIN?? Omg it's so delightful. I fill out like a rehydrated raisin.

*waves from Canada* We usually travel in May and/or September - two of the hottest months.

If I don't feel like I'm walking on the surface of the sun, it's not a vacation to me 🤣

Also love the humidity. My SKIN?? Omg it's so delightful. I fill out like a rehydrated raisin.
Orlando basically has two seasons. January and dead of Summer 🤣 Most of our trips are in May and September as well. May can be hot, but you at least have a CHANCE of just moderately hot, not surface of the sun hot. Especially the first 2 weeks. Same with September. Last 2 weeks can be decent, with at least some relatively cool mornings and evenings.

That's why we're going in just over a week. 🫰

Just came back, will NEVER goto WDW again from April-October. The face-melting heat & humidity is debilitating & the season has gotten longer & hotter. Always get some nasty virus from being in the massive crowds. After 28 years of DVC, each visit brings us closer to the end...

No more summers for us either after this last one. It’s just constant running for shade, ac, hydration, cover from the rain, etc. Still had fun, but pales in comparison to Winter/early Spring.

Our first trip with our DVC points was at VWL in August 2002. We had to use the points up on the contract we just bought. It was very hot and because of that we have never been to Disney again in August.

We do mostly October and November...just don't feel like melting all over the pavement the rest of the year!!!

Yep, 90 feels different in the tropics. The much more direct sun and the humidity is something a lot of people just aren't ready for. Plus at home when it's 90 we're usually not walking 8 or 9 miles out in it all day 8-) Orlando doesn't really get the memo about fall until around mid-late October. It can still be pretty warm but that's when The Mighty Hammer of Humidity™ stops smashing down quite as hard.

It's hot and humid where I live and I play sports, etc all summer but I'm not going to WDW in the summer. That's a big nope for me. I've been going 20+ years and never set foot in a park between mid May and the last week of September. Even some of those weeks can be pretty darn hot but we've learned to manage it pretty well so we're not in the parks during the middle of the day.
Orlando… in the tropics???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter