• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept Halloween Half Marathon crowds?

orltrip

Earning My Ears
Wondering how much the new Sept 5-8 2024 Halloween half marathon will impact crowd levels. Deciding between Th-FR 9/5-9/6 and TH- FR 9/26-9/27. Crowd level calendar I saw shows 9/5-9/6 at 3 and 2 and 9/26-9/27 at 4 and 5. I would prefer 9/5-9/6 but I’m not sure that has been updated to reflect the new Halloween half marathon. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

Crowd calculators are not accurate for Disneyland. Halloweentime is the most crowded time of the year at DLR. The closer you get to October, the more crowded it will be.

Thanks so much for the replies! It sounds like the 9/5-9/8 half marathon will make TH-FR 9/5-9/6 a bit more crowded than TH-FRI 9/26-27 (even though 9/26-27 is deeper into the Halloween season). Does that sound right? (We're a long-time WDW family making our first trip to DLR in over 40 years so getting my DLR education.) I appreciate it!

I don't know when the Southern California discount tickets lapse but the last two years it's been closer to the end of September. The crowds seemed much higher to us during that period so it's something to take into account.

Ahh. Thanks Hyphen677. I hadn’t the considered possible effect of California passes. I think they usually expire last week of September. Does that usually bump crowd levels that week?

Ahh. Thanks Hyphen677. I hadn’t the considered possible effect of California passes. I think they usually expire last week of September. Does that usually bump crowd levels that week?
Yes, it’s bumps the crowd level up significantly.

Great. Thanks so much, everyone. I so appreciate it. I've done a lot of research but wouldn't have known this if not for this group! We're choosing accordingly.

Not sure about marathon affects on crowd levels but on average, the temperatures will be more favorable (on average) later in September, we have had some very hot temps on previous trips in early September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter