Sept 4 & 11 Fantasy cruiser questions

What a way to start the week. Bummed - decisions to make - I need a vacation. Incentive to not cancel are tempting.

I found it odd DCL said they would automatically refund if not paid in full. Everyone on the September cruises would be within the 60-day window of their PIF date. Just interesting they put that in there.

Bummed but not surprised. We're going to just take the refund. Would have been nice to get some FCC though.

I found it odd DCL said they would automatically refund if not paid in full. Everyone on the September cruises would be within the 60-day window of their PIF date. Just interesting they put that in there.
That's what I thought, too! Maybe they just copy/pasted the wording from other cancellations that occurred prior to PIF.

Glad they ripped the bandaid off.

I think the switch from 7 to 4 was generous, in terms of refunds, huge shipboard credit, and 25% future discount. Of course working out the logistics will be tough. i use to be booked on the 9/4 cruise but let it go months ago.

i think the 2 four night cruises should be DD while the three night cruise a single visit. interesting to watch.

Are they even having 3 nights on the Fantasy? I thought it just said that there would be 4 night cruises. Curious.

Edited to add.....just saw that currently the 3 night gaps in the revised cruises are non sail dates. These could possibly be made in to 3 night cruises but for now are non sail dates.

Read it on Scott's blog.

MJ

Last edited:
Just a note that for those of you affected on these September cruises that are shortened you HAVE to make your choice quickly by (August 30th) So get in touch with DCL or your travel agent so they can tell Disney your choice. I’m seeing that after 8/30 they assume you are going on the shorter cruise and regular cancels fees will apply should you change your mind.

I’m finding it odd that they do not give a full refund option for the people on Sept 4th cancelled. Just a FCC?? That’s crazy. If you paid in full and they cancelled you should be able to get all your money back. Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

Full refund is an option for us on Sept 04 Fantasy. On the phone now confirming balance of my FCC.

Just a note that for those of you affected on these September cruises that are shortened you HAVE to make your choice quickly by (August 30th) So get in touch with DCL or your travel agent so they can tell Disney your choice. I’m seeing that after 8/30 they assume you are going on the shorter cruise and regular cancels fees will apply should you change your mind.

I’m finding it odd that they do not give a full refund option for the people on Sept 4th cancelled. Just a FCC?? That’s crazy. If you paid in full and they cancelled you should be able to get all your money back. Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

They have a choice of a full refund for the Sept 4th cruise.

Today, Disney Cruise Line announced the restart date of September 11, 2021 for the Disney Fantasy following a successful CDC Simulation cruise last week. As Disney Cruise Line continues to resume sailings in a gradual, phased approach, it is necessary for Disney to cancel the September 4, 2021, Disney Fantasy sailing. Guests who have paid their reservation in full have been offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

FCC is 125% of the original Fare but does not include taxes and fees. What happens to the original taxes and fees we paid for a cruise that was cancelled? My Sept 04 FCC does not account for this...

Or is it "accounted for" in the credit which means its really more like a 115% FCC.... seems like false advertising in that case.

Last edited:
FCC is 125% of the original Fare but does not include taxes and fees. What happens to the original taxes and fees we paid for a cruise that was cancelled? My Sept 04 FCC does not account for this...

Or is it "accounted for" in the credit which means its really more like a 115% FCC.... seems like false advertising in that case.

My recollection from my last cancellation was that the taxes and fees were refunded to my card.

Port tax and fees are refunded to the original payment card. Mine took about 10 days to show up on my statement.

For those that get the FCC for the September 4th cruise, until when must it be used up?
Is it still to be used for a future sailing on or before September 30, 2022 ?

For the other September cruises are your only options to cruise or get a refund? If you paid with FCC can you still move it to a later cruise?

For those that get the FCC for the September 4th cruise, until when must it be used up?
Is it still to be used for a future sailing on or before September 30, 2022 ?

For the other September cruises are your only options to cruise or get a refund? If you paid with FCC can you still move it to a later cruise?
Yes, that is the deadline. We took our FCC and booked the Fantasy sailing departing Jan 29. Works for our family and lets hope all goes well. Here is the quote from our e-mail on this topic.

"We are offering affected Guests who have paid their reservation in full the choice of a 125% future cruise credit* to be used for a future sailing on or before September 30, 2022, or a full refund."

Sept 4th sailing was just officially cancelled. So sorry for all booked on that sailing. :sad1:

Lots of people are switching to the 9/6 Dream cruise since it disembarks the same day as the 9/4 Fantasy sailing. As a result, its going to be a MASSIVELY crowded ship with reduced amenities.

Lots of people are switching to the 9/6 Dream cruise since it disembarks the same day as the 9/4 Fantasy sailing. As a result, its going to be a MASSIVELY crowded ship with reduced amenities.

It would be the only one though that would see that switch except for double dips. The Dream will return the 10th while the Fantasy would have returned the 11th so no exactly the same day.

It will be a test of how full Disney will allow it to get (thats if more people don't just scrap the cruise all together).

The 9/6 dream would disembark on 9/10, but the 9/4 Fantasy on 9/11, wouldn't it? (I went to check if 9/6 was a 3 or 4 day, but there are no sept cruises showing on the website.) NEVER MIND. I still had the Fantasy and 7 day filter on my cruise search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter