Sept 4 & 11 Fantasy cruiser questions

ljm23

DIS Veteran
Have you seen any changes to your itineraries? Anxious to know if they'll be having any ports stops or if they'll add another Castaway day.

Have you seen any changes to your itineraries? Anxious to know if they'll be having any ports stops or if they'll add another Castaway day.

There has not been any changes to the Fantasy yet and the updates don't even apply to the Fantasy as of yet. Today is the first day of a test sailing for the Fantasy supposedly and you have the Dream returning from its first actual cruise tomorrow. Hopefully we hear something tomorrow but starting to feel like this might drag to the end of next week now.

We will not be sailing but are still waiting to move our Sept 4th cruise and no changes yet. The Fantasy went out on a simulation cruise today and then will have a test cruise. I assume they will announce after that?

We will not be sailing but are still waiting to move our Sept 4th cruise and no changes yet. The Fantasy went out on a simulation cruise today and then will have a test cruise. I assume they will announce after that?

I know this is conjecture but I believe the thinking is that we might see Fantasy policy released between 15-18 days before the first cruise much like the Dream. That would put us at around the 18th of next week

Since the Dream comes back tomorrow and the Fantasy is on her test cruise now, my guess is we will see Fantasy protocols announced either tomorrow or Monday (assuming that the weekend is unlikely)

I’m on both the 9/4 and 9/11 cruises, and I haven’t seen any changes to either itinerary so far.

We were booked on a B2B from 9/11 thru 9/25. I finally gave up and transferred the booking to the same 2 weeks next year. I was afraid that if I waited until the last minute that prices would go up even more, and as it was, all of the extended balcony aft cabins were sold out. It was our check-in day and I just couldn't bring myself to start the process. While the reduced capacity would have been nice, I didn't want to find out that any of the entertainment was missing so that other shows could be repeated, and I would have liked to have been on a cruise where all adults were vaccinated so that the adult venues could be mask free. It's just too much money to risk a less than experience.

We were booked on a B2B from 9/11 thru 9/25. I finally gave up and transferred the booking to the same 2 weeks next year. I was afraid that if I waited until the last minute that prices would go up even more, and as it was, all of the extended balcony aft cabins were sold out. It was our check-in day and I just couldn't bring myself to start the process. While the reduced capacity would have been nice, I didn't want to find out that any of the entertainment was missing so that other shows could be repeated, and I would have liked to have been on a cruise where all adults were vaccinated so that the adult venues could be mask free. It's just too much money to risk a less than experience.
So sorry to hear. I'm on the fence leaning toward moving out. Have to admit I am slightly hoping they cancel so we get the FCC. Just waiting to see what they do ....

So sorry to hear. I'm on the fence leaning toward moving out. Have to admit I am slightly hoping they cancel so we get the FCC. Just waiting to see what they do ....
I hear you. I was holding out hoping that they would extend the period in which you could rebook without penalty. It just seemed like every time that they made a more liberal cancellation/rebooking policy, the prices would rise. Even if I had ultimately qualified for %125 FCC I wasn't sure that I could replicate my booking without spending a ton more. The cancellation option didn't interest me because I wasn't happy about losing nearly $600 in travel insurance. As it turns out, I was able to get a verandah, though not an extended aft, for the two weeks and was only out of pocket an additional $300 total for the 2 weeks. I also was able to stay in the same cabin, which was not the case for my original booking, so at least there's that.

So far I've seen one itinerary change. Disney still has Grand Caymen listed as a port of call even though they're apparently not receiving cruise ships until next year but a couple of weeks ago Disney added Palo brunch on that day as if it's now a sea day.

Just read an Instagram post from a crew member who handles crew logistics and she said the Fantasy has up to 1000 crew now and the test cruises are on the 26th and 29th and if all goes well they expect guests in exactly 3 weeks. That is hopeful!

MJ

Just read an Instagram post from a crew member who handles crew logistics and she said the Fantasy has up to 1000 crew now and the test cruises are on the 26th and 29th and if all goes well they expect guests in exactly 3 weeks. That is hopeful!

MJ

3 weeks from now? Or 3 weeks from when they get back from the test cruise on the 29th??

3 weeks from now? Or 3 weeks from when they get back from the test cruise on the 29th??
So to restart they do a simulation cruise with no guest just to test protocols. Then later they do test cruises with passengers to get back up to speed then they start cruising.

So to restart they do a simulation cruise with no guest just to test protocols. Then later they do test cruises with passengers to get back up to speed then they start cruising.
The first test cruise was with passengers and is for CDC approval.

The remaining test cruises are not needed by the CDC and is Disney doing them to get the crew back up to speed and as a thank you for cast members.

3 weeks from now. They just finished their simulation cruise. The test cruises for the Dream happened immediately before she restarted as well.

Ok…that’s what I thought but figured I’d double check :). We’re December so we have time but I’m trying to keep an eye on things!

The post was from 16 hours ago and she mentioned “exactly 3 weeks from now”

I am sure that is if all goes well with the test cruises

I saw the sept fantasy cruises are not on the dcl website this morning. Maybe being modified? Maybe a glitch? 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter