• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

Hi TraceyP, Morning all :surfweb: Your kids are going to love it!! We've sailed on other cruise lines and they have always fallen short in some way. We always compare it to Disney (which was our very first (honeymoon) cruise). So we've just decided to stick with Disney, especially when were traveling with the kids. I just added a little surprise :cheer2: , we're booked at the Nick Hotel for our pre-cruise stay. We always try to go down a day or two early.
Kia

Kia, I'd love to go down early. We can't do to school. I had to talk to the principal last spring to make sure DS10 could get out for the time (excused). He's straight A's and in the gifted program so he was granted the time off. My DH and I have tons of vacation time so we would have loved to have gone down early. I would have loved to have taken the cruise this month that was longer.

I hope we can continue being Disney cruisers. This will be my 8th cruise (not Disney) and DH 2nd. His first was Princess to Alaska for our honeymoon. I went on Premier 2 times when they were running the Disney cruises in the 80's. I love Disney and our children are just like me. I don't know how we are going to make it two more weeks waiting to go!

My list is growing...call Perfect Gift (seems to be raved about in every thread), go through the list and get ideas for more things to pack (ha), weed out some shoes (my weakness), etc.

Tracey

Kia, we are celebrating my DD7's birthday too! Her's is Oct 2! Yours will be on Pirate Night! How fun!

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY WE WILL BE EN ROUTE TO ORLANDO AND COCOA BEACH! :cool1: :woohoo: :cheer2: :banana:

DisneyDmbNut said:
I think she will send you an email when they are ready to ship..it only takes a few mintues for the paypal to go through..

I just e-mailed her telling her when I am leaving and she said I will have it in time. Maybe if someone is leaving early they should e-mail her. :confused3

Hi all! I think I recall a post awhile back talking about a meeting time...but I can't seem to locate it! Does anyone recall the time and place? I think I remember some folks were talking about lunch on the day of boarding...but I think the kids are going to have us running around by the time we board & going to the sail away party...that I might miss it!

It would be so great to meet everyone. It is so enjoyable to see friendly faces throughout the week.

Does anyone know the plans???

Thanks!

Howdy All,

It's getting close now!!!!

squirrelgirl: I threw out the idea of having lunch in Parrot Cay when we board & getting together on deck 10 for the sailaway party. Those are the only plans I know of. Got any ideas?

I'm sure some of us we'll be rubbing elbows in the waiting area before boarding.

David

Thanks for the reminder David! Those were the plans I recall seeing. They sound great! I may not be able to join you all...we are taking the shuttle from the hotel, so no early boarding for us. I will look for you all on Deck 10 at sail away, but it may be tough to pull the kids away from the Deck 9 area. I have little ones, and they have to dance! :rotfl: The only other idea I had was something our group did last year...met at the lounge (Promenade I think) during the afternoon of our first day out. No worries! I am sure we will all bump into one another!

Looking forward to a great time!!!

Help. I must be missing something, how do I find out what each night is? Such as formal, Pirate night, etc.? I must have missed something in my docs or book. Also, do we take things for Pirate night? I'm so very green on this. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks for your patience with me.

Tracey

Never mind, I finally found where it says in this site.

So, what about Pirate Night? How many of you are dressing up? I can't get DH and DS excited about dressing, but I'll bring along a couple of eye patches, just in case. pirate:

Meeting on Deck 10 for sail away sounds like a great idea. :thumbsup2 See everyone there in ONLY 15 DAYS!!!!!!!

I need to do some serious packing this weekend... :rolleyes:

Tracey: I have the Doubloon snorkel planned for St. Thomas, kind of like the Lord Sheffield, a pirate themed snorkel.

DisneyMom: My family is not into dressing up either, Disney will supply bandanas if you don't already have them...we are wearing (gasp) jeans that nite with whatever tops we can find that look pirate like (I have a black top that laces up like a corset- so I guess that makes me a wench :teeth: ) , maybe add some mardi gras beads and hoop earrings and call it a nite.

Finally asked my boss for the day off on Sept. 29th (I was a little worried because I am a new employee) and was told "no problem" Yeah! I love my job! :yay:

Happy weekend all - another shop till you drop weekend for me!

Jennifer

I am just wearing a pirates t-shirt and an eye-patch with some pirate earrings. DD7 has a great Orlando Bloom/Will Turner Pirates t-shirt and some bermudas she is wearing, along with some WAY COOL (as she says) pirate earrings and an eye patch. Not wearing a costume like some folks do pirate: OH! I almost forgot that I've been saving a fake pirates tattoo from a happy meal last summer :lmao: FOR ME! Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite all-time movie and I've seen it 15 times. DD7 has not seen 2 yet, so hoping to take her on the ship. ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have my pic with Captain Jack on the boat.

Tracey-don't feel bad. I knew nothing until I signed up on these boards. Sunday Formal - Tuesday pirate night - Thursday semi-formal I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone. What do I know? I am a novice. :p

I cannot believe how excited I am about this trip! I'm one of those go to bed early people and every night I find myself sitting here reading as much as I can to get ready for this trip. Big fundraiser tomorrow night but still planning the day around shopping, packing, lists, etc. I think my family must think I'm a crazed mom. :teeth: I have more lists than normal.

I will decide tomorrow what to take for Pirates night. I think DH will do pretty much whatever I plan. I know the DS's will be up for anything too. Good to hear what all of you are planning on doing so that I don't do too little or too much.

This is going to really sound odd (maybe not) :rolleyes: , do any of you know why duct tape was on the list of combined items from disboard? My co-worker that passed on the info about this board sent me a list from one of the threads. It listed duct tape and I am at a loss on what it is for.

Did order decorations for the cabin today and was told they received the new decorations that have the characters on them again. It made me very happy :rotfl: ! DS4 will be thrilled to see the birthday decorations when we get there.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

...that can be used to fix the shoe that breaks, hold open a door that won't stay open, close a door that won't stay shut when the ship is rocking, or repair the handle on the suitcase damaged by the baggage handlers at MCO. It can be used to silence loud children....oops! guess I gave away a trade secret there! :rotfl2: Seriously, we've never packed it, but will this time because DS#1 says that needed some for the teen club scavenger hunt last time and no one had any.

We FINALLY got our docs and discovered another family who is sailing on the 30th. They are newbies, and we are meeting them tomorrow night so their son and our DS#2 can meet in advance and maybe have a friend on board. :woohoo: If I can, I'll get them posting her to intro themselves and get involved in the chat.

I can't believe we are two weeks away...and a busy two weeks they will be. I'm tired just thinking about it!

TTFN!!

Beth

Beth, My mind couldn't grasp the idea of duct tape on a cruise. You did bring up several good ideas for it. Duct tape for the scavenger hunt, kind of reminds me of the old Let's Make a Deal when all those people stuffed everything in the house in their pockets, purses, etc. That is nice that you have someone around there going on the same cruise. I'm concerned for my kids (DS-10, DS-4). DS-10 in 5th grade and DS-4 preschool (again). They are a bit shy at first so I'm praying they will feel comfortable and just have a good time with the other kids. They are very outgoing with people once they get to know them. Plus, DH and I have had little time alone. :love: We both work a bunch and any free time, we are with our children (which I wouldn't trade so I'm not complaining). Just need some adult time away from work. My boss has said he will reimburse for my Internet Cafe bill so I can stay in touch with me staff the entire time I'm gone (yippee!) :cheer2: . Also, made sure my cell phone (when there is a signal) will work. This is why I have so much vacation time built up (weeks and weeks not used). However, I do love my job and my boss is the greatest. Guess now it's easy to see why I'm so excited about this trip. I need the break! :crazy:

Hi! I have a bunch of silly questions. What color is the DIS color again? I was at Lowes (home depot?) and picked up the disney paint things and grabbed a bunch as I couldn't remember which is the "right" one.
Also, how are ya'll posting pictures under your signature and in the posts? I read the FAQ and click the link for add image and just some words come up (IMG). Still can't figure it out!! :badpc:
Finally, I tried to look back in the posts and see when/where the DIS meet is. Can we get an update on that please?
Thanks...Looking forward to crusing in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!!! :woohoo:

Just to let all of you know. We will not have to reschedule our cruise. DMIL passed away during the night last night, was very peaceful. DH and I were by her side the whole time. :guilty:

The first thing DFIL asked was if he could join us. Will be calling Costco when they open. Wish us luck on getting him in one of our rooms. We have 2 Cat 6. One already has 4, The other with 2. Will find out in a few hours.

Thanks for all the prayers you all had put out there for our family in the last week.

See all of you in 14 days!!!!
Kim

Hi Kim,

I'm so sorry about your loss. It sounds like you did everything you could and it wasn't unpleasant for anyone. Our thoughts are with you.

It's so nice that your DFIL wants to join you.

See you soon.

David & Kathy

kimmcbee said:
Just to let all of you know. We will not have to reschedule our cruise. DMIL passed away during the night last night, was very peaceful. DH and I were by her side the whole time. :guilty:

The first thing DFIL asked was if he could join us. Will be calling Costco when they open. Wish us luck on getting him in one of our rooms. We have 2 Cat 6. One already has 4, The other with 2. Will find out in a few hours.

Thanks for all the prayers you all had put out there for our family in the last week.

See all of you in 14 days!!!!
Kim

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are able to work out the details to get your DFIL on board with you! I am sure this trip will be a wonderfully healing vacation for all of you.
Kathie

Kim..i am very sorry..Maybe you can call Disney and explain what is going on..I am sure they will be more than happy to help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter