• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

Hi Sheila,

You should get 4 tags per person? or is it 2 per person? They are green and mine were folded in half and I didn't know what they were.

You put these tags on just before you arrive at the pier. You don't want them going thru the airport.

Help me out if I'm incorrect.

David

I FINALLY GET TO DO THE DOC DANCE!!! :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :bounce: :dancer: :dancer: party: :dancer: :dancer: party: :jumping1: :hyper2: :hyper2: :worship: :worship:

Hoo Hoo!!! party: I've been waiting very patiently to do THE DANCE!

P.S. Glad I wasn't the last one to receive the docs! ;)

Ok we are still waiting on doing the other half of our doc cance, they better hurry up. I am wondering if costco sends them out by last name???? Mom got hers yesterday and hers starts with a D. Ours is M so hope it wont be much longer.

Kim

I started writing down tonight how much cash to take on the trip. Question for those of you who have done the Golden Eagle - would I need to take any cash on that excursion for any reason?

No docs for me yet.

No docs yet. Booked thru Costco and our last name starts with an "A".
Going to call today to check.

Last year they were really nice...with the new online sign in, they have become little more than a few pages...oh well...i don't care as long as I am on the boat!!

CNB1124 said:
I started writing down tonight how much cash to take on the trip. Question for those of you who have done the Golden Eagle - would I need to take any cash on that excursion for any reason?

No docs for me yet.

The only reason would be to tip the crew. I can't remember what DH tipped them last time, though.

Oh, and you'll need money for those things you want to buy on the way back to the ship!!

We'll be there on the 30th also!! Haven't gotten our documents yet. Saturday they said they mailed it already. How long ago did you guys get yours?

Anyhow..it's myself, my mother, and my two girls ages 5 and 6. Girls only trip!

:wave2: Well, the suitcase came out today so I could start dropping in things I will need as I think of them. Passport, check, docs, check. Over the door shoe bag, check. For you first time cruisers, this is an excellent way to store bathroom things, shampoo, etc. There isn't much room on the vanity otherwise. My DD (tchrmom) :teacher: Fran clued me in a couple of years ago to do this. It works, especially with 2 women in a cabin. :thumbsup2

are you forgetting your granddaughter?

She has just as much hair junk as I do!! Oh help me..she is only 8 and uses mousse, her own mouthwash (can't share!) and shampoo!

What do you guys take with you to keep all your stuff in when you go on an excursion. A backpack? I am assuming you will have to have some sort of waterproof pouch to keep all your money, KTTW card, drivers license in. Or would it be safe to just leave this on the excursion boat while you are snorkeling? Share please. I'm running out of time to order the stuff that I need.

wiggles said:
What do you guys take with you to keep all your stuff in when you go on an excursion. A backpack? I am assuming you will have to have some sort of waterproof pouch to keep all your money, KTTW card, drivers license in. Or would it be safe to just leave this on the excursion boat while you are snorkeling? Share please. I'm running out of time to order the stuff that I need.

I am wondering this same thing in regards to the Golden Eagle excursion. If we have to swim from the boat to the beach, how do we get towels, and other things to the beach without them getting wet?

Anyone know the answer?

Wiggles: We put all our stuff in a backpack. The important stuff (picture ID, a little money for a tip, KTTW card is put in our landyards (which have a waterproof ziploc pouch attached) and hung around our necks - except for when we are swimming...can't tell you where I stash the stuff then...its a secret :rotfl: As for the towels???I have no idea! (we will probably just leave them onboard the boat)

Jennifer :sunny:

Received the rest of our Docs yesterday! :yay:

Cindy, we were thinking about doing the golden eagle too. How old are your girls? Mine are 8 and 5. It would be nice if they had someone to play with. I didn't want mine to be the only kids on the boat.

About the waterproof pouch do they sell these on the ship?

Tonya

wiggles said:
Cindy, we were thinking about doing the golden eagle too. How old are your girls? Mine are 8 and 5. It would be nice if they had someone to play with. I didn't want mine to be the only kids on the boat.

About the waterproof pouch do they sell these on the ship?

Tonya

Tonya,
My girls are 9, 5, and 5(twins). It sounds like there are several going on this excursion. We are going on the morning trip.
I don't know if they would sell the waterproof pouch on ship, but I bet you could get it a lot cheaper bringing it from home.
Cindy

CNB1124 said:
I am wondering this same thing in regards to the Golden Eagle excursion. If we have to swim from the boat to the beach, how do we get towels, and other things to the beach without them getting wet?

Anyone know the answer?

On one of our first cruises, we bought the DCL water-tight boxes. There are two sizes: one is slim and holds your KTTW card, a couple bills (I generally carry a twenty and a couple singles) and one or two other cards (credit and license), the other is about 2 1/2 times as deep, so you could slide more in there. You can swim with one of those around your neck if you wanted to. Otherwise, we generally leave them in the bottom of a small backpack we bring.

As for towels, you can't get them to shore unless you are VERY tall or talented! As I remember, they "docked" the catamaran in water well over my 5'5" head. Frankly, you aren't there long enough to put down stakes and set up camp. There were very few who hung out on the beach, though I do remember them bringing a cooler with rum punch to shore, so I suppose you could ask them to bring the towels up as well. We were in the water most of the time, ourselves, so we didn't need towels until we were called back to the catamaran.

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter