• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 16 2012 - WONDERing who's on the Calif Coastal with me?!

for those who just got back...what night was lobster night?
thanks

Was there anything special on San Diego night? (Friday)

Friday was Pirate night. Super fun. We did PALO that night so not sure about the menu. Our son (12) was at our normal dining rotation (normally 10 of us but all the adults were booked at PALO) so he had the whole table to himself and our waitstaff who we all loved took real good care of him including getting pictures of the evening with the camera we left for him.

Thanks all for the great FE gifts- hope you liked the disney clothespins! I enjoyed the cruise, but we didn't think the service was all that great, and the food wasn't fantastic. However, the other cruisers were amazing, the shows were wonderful, and the Oceaneer Club and Lab for our 3 year old was awesome! The mickey pool was so fun, and the spa was very relaxing! Enjoy all you later cruisers!

Thanks all for the great FE gifts- hope you liked the disney clothespins! I enjoyed the cruise, but we didn't think the service was all that great, and the food wasn't fantastic. However, the other cruisers were amazing, the shows were wonderful, and the Oceaneer Club and Lab for our 3 year old was awesome! The mickey pool was so fun, and the spa was very relaxing! Enjoy all you later cruisers!

We LOVED the clothes pins! Such a a creative idea, Thank you. I may add magnets to a few of them to hang things in our homeschool classroom!

General question for all the travel agents out there. We traveled on this cruise with just our birth certs becouse we didn't have time to get passports. Would traveling with birth certs work on the Mexican Riviera cruise as well or do you absolutely need passports for that even if you aren't going to get off the ship?

Thanks....don't know when our pirate night is. We got a email, as well as our reservation on line shows, it is the first SF night...which is odd...

What ever night it is will be just fine.... :)

Friday was Pirate night. Super fun. We did PALO that night so not sure about the menu. Our son (12) was at our normal dining rotation (normally 10 of us but all the adults were booked at PALO) so he had the whole table to himself and our waitstaff who we all loved took real good care of him including getting pictures of the evening with the camera we left for him.

Hollywood Glitter said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm on the Sept 30th cruise but I was at port on Sept 16 and watched your ship come into port in the morning and sail off later in the day. I took a bunch of pictures in case you want to see them. Some of the photos from the afternoon show people on Deck 9, on their verandas and at the the muster drill. Here is the link if anyone is interested. If you would like a bigger copy of an image just pm me.

https://www.facebook.com/sigris.lopez#!/media/set/?set=a.4483651047741.183307.1184043739&type=3

I would love to see these pictures. The cruise was great. You should have a blast! Kathleen. Tink-Hon on the board.

Hi all.

Getting geared up for excitement again! DH has said yes yes yes to a Panama Canal cruise in 2014 - now just the waiting game of waiting for the cruise to appear!

Hope all is well with you all
Deb x x x

Just saw John Lasseter and wife Nancy being interviewed on the Oscar Red Carpet. No Hawaiian shirt for John!

Did anyone else who was on this cruise just today get an email from DCL with a $48 refund in port fees? Kind of weird to get that 6 mos after the cruise.

GatorMomInNC said:
Did anyone else who was on this cruise just today get an email from DCL with a $48 refund in port fees? Kind of weird to get that 6 mos after the cruise.

Not us :(

We haven't either, but we signed up with a TA so maybe it would go through her.

Yes we did, I Didn't notice the refund until you mentioned it. We purchased this cruise for ourselves, and as a gift for our son and daughter-in-law last year. They received the email yesterday also, and at first glance thought we bought them another cruise. Ugh!

When I first got the email I thought I had reserved a cruise and forgot about it and missed the cancellation/PIF date - for a couple seconds there I thought I had booked a cruise and my heart and mind were racing!! Then I saw it said September 2012 and I had to think, okay, this is 2013, right?

Yes we did, I Didn't notice the refund until you mentioned it. We purchased this cruise for ourselves, and as a gift for our son and daughter-in-law last year. They received the email yesterday also, and at first glance thought we bought them another cruise. Ugh!

Well, unless we were the only 2 that were somehow overcharged, then others should be getting the refund also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter