Seperate MDE account just for mobile food ordering

wowzadisney

Earning My Ears
hey everyone.

we have 2 families going on our WDW trip. we wanted all tickets to be linked to one MDE account to make it easier as there is only 5 of us its manageable.

my question is we want to have costs for food and merchansie seperated. can one family have their own MDE account that does not have thier tickets linked but they can use it to just mobile order? or do their tickets need to be linked to the account that is performing the mobile orders?

thanks again

Tickets are not tied to mobile ordering, but if someone has their own MDE account, they need to have their tickets linked.

You can do this after linking under your account. I did this last year with my brother who traveled with us all on the same package. I had linked all the tickets under my account initially, but then invited him to create his own.

thanks,

that's what im trying to do, how do i invite them using the family and friends option. i couldn't seem to find out to share the linked tickets from my account to theirs . i don't think its needed because we are all together in one group but it would be nice for them to have their own tickets in their own account

No need to have tickets or anything linked, to be able to mobile order food. They can do it on their own with their own accounts. The system doesn't check if you have park entry or anything like that.

But I don't see how it's "easier" to have all the tickets linked to one account. Each ticket has to be linked to an individual profile, so why not make it the profile on the account of that guest??

hey everyone.

we have 2 families going on our WDW trip. we wanted all tickets to be linked to one MDE account to make it easier as there is only 5 of us its manageable.

my question is we want to have costs for food and merchansie seperated. can one family have their own MDE account that does not have thier tickets linked but they can use it to just mobile order? or do their tickets need to be linked to the account that is performing the mobile orders?

thanks again
Having their own MDE account won't affect mobile ordering of food. Mobile ordering food or buying merchandise is not connected to tickets. And the system doesn't check to see that the person ordering food via MDE has used a ticket to enter the park. They aren't connected.

However, having their tickets linked to them in their own MDE doesn't affect booking LL, etc. through your MDE account either. So if they do create their own MDE account, you can link the profiles you have in your MDE to them in their MDE. Y'all can book G+, LL, etc. for all of you using either MDE account (that can be handy at 7:00 AM if you're staying onsite - one MDE account can be booking a hard to get G+LL and the other MDE can be buying an ILL$ for the same people), and each family can later do mobile order through their separate MDE accounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter