Separate AP Entrance?

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
Is this something still happening or was it a summer thing? Also was it only at the MK? Thanks so much in advance!

Not really a "separate entrance" per-say,,,More like a separate turnstile line. Not just at MK

Separate line at all parks. A couple weeks ago there were a few times when the passholder line was longer than the regular line. This was in the afternoon, early evening.

I'd say over the past 10 days that we've used the passholder entrance about half the time... other times other lines have been significantly shorter. At some times it's been a great option to have.

It's at every park and at MK, HS, and AK it's to the far right. At epcot it's to the far left.

Generally the AP line when I go is usually always shorter than the rest of the lines, but every once in awhile it's longer. I think some AP holders think that they HAVE to go through that entrance. So obviously just keep an eye on all the lines just in case you see a shorter one

Yep, we used it maybe half the time last week, other times the regular line was just shorter. I saw more people in the AP line not knowing that they could go to both sides and both taps on each side then in the regular lines.

Even when the AP line is longer than it's regular counterpart, it is often quicker. There is usually far less fumbling and fewer red Mickeys.

I have a knack of finding the regular tapstile that requires the dreaded CM with the iPad to be beckoned.

One day this summer we were at the ap line and this man got irate because the ap line wasn't open yet and he had been standing there 30 minutes. We were right behind him and didn't stand in the sun for 30 minutes but whatever. LOL He went to guest services to try and get fastpasses for this. My family couldn't stop staring at him when he came back even more irate that they wouldn't give him anything. It was the craziest thing! We kept thinking of things we could go and ask for fastpasses for. Like the free water didn't have enough ice, the fp line didn't have enough ac.

I have a sort of related question. My DH and I have APs but our kids don't. Will they let us go through the AP line? My girls are too young to be separated from us.

I have a sort of related question. My DH and I have APs but our kids don't. Will they let us go through the AP line? My girls are too young to be separated from us.

You'll be fine bringing your kids through with you

I find its a waste honestly. We just got back yesterday and I think we used it once, usually other lines were quicker.

It's at every park and at MK, HS, and AK it's to the far right. At epcot it's to the far left.

Generally the AP line when I go is usually always shorter than the rest of the lines, but every once in awhile it's longer. I think some AP holders think that they HAVE to go through that entrance. So obviously just keep an eye on all the lines just in case you see a shorter one

And a couple weeks ago at MK ... in am on the left .......... in pm on the right, same day. So best bet is just look for the signs they have out front.

We always go to the AP line just to help be sure it gets used enough to justify it remaining open.

I find its a waste honestly. We just got back yesterday and I think we used it once, usually other lines were quicker.
I always appreciated the extra effort to have the AP lines...despite only using the AP line <20% of the time.

We thought that the annual pass entrance was great. One morning at AK last week we arrived right at park opening. The lines to get in were very long but we walked right in via AP line. Hope they continue this.

Years ago they had a special line for folks with what was officially the World Adventure Vacation plan, but it was often referred to as the "Gold Key" plan due to the large gold key symbol on the card. It was a nice perk, but a lot of guests lined up there not knowing it was just for certain plan-holders. The line would often look longer, but it would shorten as people were turned away. So if the line looks longer, just watch for a minute and it should shorten up quickly.

I always appreciated the extra effort to have the AP lines...despite only using the AP line <20% of the time.
The effort is nice, but honestly most of the time, they don't check if you are a passholder anyway and they usually are longer than the regular lines. What really killed it for me was getting to HS before park open and the cast member saying it doesn't matter if you are an annual passholder to use that line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter