Senses Spa question

cincystamper

DIS Veteran
My mom and I have massage appointments at the Grand Floridian Sense Spa during our upcoming trip. We're doing the 'custom massage for 2' (because she wanted to be sure we could stay together) and we requested the foot & leg massage.

Our very green, very newbie question - what should we wear? We've only ever had manicures at a spa so the whole massage experience is totally foreign to us.

Suggestions, oh wise ones?

My mom and I have massage appointments at the Grand Floridian Sense Spa during our upcoming trip. We're doing the 'custom massage for 2' (because she wanted to be sure we could stay together) and we requested the foot & leg massage.

Our very green, very newbie question - what should we wear? We've only ever had manicures at a spa so the whole massage experience is totally foreign to us.

We had our first ever spa experience there last year. I would suggest bringing a swimsuit to take advantage of the whirlpool before or after your treatments. They let you use the facilities the whole day of your appointment. I changed into one when we got there and used the robe they provided. For the massage itself they will ask you to disrobe to an extent but you are given ample privacy and are covered. I asked to keep my swimsuit on because of PTSD/anxiety issues and she was very understanding.

You’ll love the leg and foot massage btw! We got those and pedicures and it felt amazing after a couple of days hitting parks.

I just recently got one at Saratoga Springs spa and arrived 30 mins early to enjoy the steam room. It helped open my sinuses after the flight. I wore undergarments and a towel for steam room. Then put robe and slippers they provided to go into massage room. A little splurge worth every penny. Enjoy.

There is a lounge you sit in with some refreshments while you wait to be seen. They provide you with what you need so regular clothes are fine. Enjoy that message, I loved it!

If you're having the foot and leg massage, you'll want those areas bare - a PP suggested a bathing suit so you can take advantage of the whirlpool and I'd second that. You can were that while you get the massage.

Kick back and enjoy - the robes are luxurious!

Senses at the Grand is my favorite! I agree with teh PP's, wear loose clothing and bring your bathing suit. Make sure you factored enough time to enjoy this experience, and use the steam room and whirlpool.

I would budget more time and arrive at teh Grand early, enjoy that beautiful resort, and then check in at the Spa. The walk there is lovely, BTW.

DUring your massage you can wear as much or as little as you are comfortable with, you are always covered.

I wanted to add that I wish I had done a massage for two when I went with my DDIL. I had never had a massage before so she chose mine, but I was a nervous mess. Well I was a stressed out mess before my massage. I was a dishrag in the best possibel way after! LOL! Anyway, I think sharing this with your Mom is a lovely idea, and I would add that you take the time to enjoy all of it.

We haven’t been to Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian, but I’m looking to book a couples massage there at the end of our trip before we drive back.

Good to know about taking a swimsuit to enjoy the whirlpool and steam room before we get our massage together. I think I’ll try to get us there 45 mins ahead of time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter