Senses Massage- when??

kcp6763

Mouseketeer
I am booking our honeymoon trip in August and we both would like to do a massage at Senses. Trying to decide the best time to do it. Beginning of the trip, middle or end? Those who have gone, when did you book? Also how long did you spend there?

I've never done this particular massage, but I made a couples massage the FIRST thing we did on our honeymoon when we got on our cruise ship.

I always get a massage at the end of my trips as a relaxing way to soothe my tired feet/ legs and back from all the walking. I do it early in the day and enjoy the results all day long. Ahhhhhhh!

I always get a massage at the end of my trips as a relaxing way to soothe my tired feet/ legs and back from all the walking. I do it early in the day and enjoy the results all day long. Ahhhhhhh!

We are flying out at 4pm. Do you think going that morning would work?

I don't know if you're taking Magical Express or not, but if you are, it would pick you up around 1pm. I think that an 8am appt (figuring 1 hour for the massage and 30 minutes for dressing, etc) would definitely work and leave time for a nice lunch before you leave. ...and you can take the "glow" home with you! What a lovely, peaceful ending to a trip. That's just me....but I gotta admit...I'm fighting the jealousy right now.

OP are you staying at one of the resorts with a Senses Spa or another resort ? With a 4:00 flight your pickup time could be as early as 12:45 ( flying domestic) so that may not leave time for lunch before getting ME even staying at the GF. And SSR TS isn't open for lunch. I would vote for your last or first full day depending on other plans.
I have done mani/ pedicures at the GF Senses Spa and was told I could hangout as long as I wanted. That way when you leave you won't take feel rushed .

We are not staying at a spa resort, so I wasn't sure on the timing. I don't know if I'd want to fit it in the middle of a park day but I suppose we could in the afternoon. Not sure.

We are not staying at a spa resort, so I wasn't sure on the timing. I don't know if I'd want to fit it in the middle of a park day but I suppose we could in the afternoon. Not sure.
You could always go back to a park at night. FYI they do ask you to arrive about 30 minutes before your appointment.

That doesn't sound very restful and rejuvenating at all. You will already be under the deadline of your departure, if it's too early it kind of ruins your last night too. I suggest middle to end, but not departure day.

My choice is the day before your last full day.

I always schedule a massage in the middle of our trip. It is usually on a day that I either dont care about everyone elses morning plans, or when we are on an off day and heading back to the park at night. If you are not staying at SSR or the Grand, you need to factor travel time in, the time it takes to check in and get ready, and then how you want to spend tome after. You are invited to use the amenities, so don't you want to budget time in for that?

I give myself at least 4 hours so I do not feel rushed. PErsonally, i would book it so I had the entire afternoon to enjoy the massage experience.

Wondering which sounds better? I decided to put it more toward the middle of the trip. One day I had planned to not do anything in the morning except sleep in, swim at the resort, etc. And then have dinner and go to MK at night. So I could use the morning/afternoon for a massage on this day. My other option is our AK day (I only want to do a few things here so was planning on going in the morning and leaving after lunch). I could book an afternoon massage on this day and we don't have anything planned aside from a dinner and evening in Disney Springs.

Wondering which sounds better? I decided to put it more toward the middle of the trip. One day I had planned to not do anything in the morning except sleep in, swim at the resort, etc. And then have dinner and go to MK at night. So I could use the morning/afternoon for a massage on this day. My other option is our AK day (I only want to do a few things here so was planning on going in the morning and leaving after lunch). I could book an afternoon massage on this day and we don't have anything planned aside from a dinner and evening in Disney Springs.

Bear in mind that as a spa guest, you’re permitted to use the facilities all day. I would seriously consider taking advantage of that and not overbooking yourself the same day as your treatment.

I say this because my partner and I had leg/foot massages and pedis at the GF on our trip this past fall, and set it up as our midday break on the second MK day. While we definitely enjoyed the experience, we felt a bit rushed trying to make our noon appointment after a couple of AM FPs, and had little time to enjoy the sauna, whirlpool, etc afterwards. We walked back to the Poly (our resort) and took a quick nap before having to go to our last FP at Fairytale Hall and dinner at CRT.

While it was an incredibly magical day (we intended it to be our Grownup Princess Day), it was a bit rushed. If I had to do it again, I’d have cut out the entire morning and let us sleep in. Next time, we intend to save it for a down day in the middle of the trip where we just hang around the resort or at most monorail bar hop. I really regret not having more time to enjoy the spa and wander around the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter