• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Senior suggestions

sam08223

Mouseketeer
We're taking a trip next Jan with my Parents, Mother-in-Law and my Aunt. DW and I are about 50 - the others average early 70's. Our trip is 2days/2nights @ BCV then 4 night Disney Cruise then 3days /2 nights back at BCV. Definately planning a relaxed pace and with the Cruise we don't need major food at WDW. Still I would like to add unique dining. We will have a van so transportation is not a huge issue. Also we'll be arriving Jan 2nd - Where would we find Christmas Decorations to combine with our meals? -- for instance is WL a better choice than AK? Just looking for ideas. My Aunt had a rough trip to WDW -- a lot of family tension for her -- Then 9/11 happened at the end of their stay. I would really like to work out a special trip for her.

Well, we're pretty much exactly your age, and have taken hubby's mom and dad a couple times. The last time his Mom was 80. BTW, she loved TOT!!!

Anyway, we went for the first time at Christmas this December. Just DH and me. I thought the decorations at AKL were stunning. We ate at Jiko, (I wouldn't recommend it for parents that age), the choices were "different", and I was sick the whole evening after eating there. We also ate at Boma for breakfast. While it was nice, it was more casual.

The place we really liked was Artist Point. Of course, WL is also stunning, with a HUGE lovely tree in the main area. I asked for a window seat and we were seated right by the waterfall. It was really decorated lovely also. Hubby had a delicious salmon and I had steak and we shared an awesome Berry Cobbler.

We also like Le Cellier and ate there at Christmas also, but it definitely was not as relaxing and lovely as Aritst Point.

I would think the the Christmas decorations start coming down around 1/2:(

For dining, California Grill is nice, as is the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club resort:earsboy:

Although the decorations in the parks come down pretty fast as I recall, those in some of the resorts are up longer. We checked out of the GF on 1/9 a couple of years ago and the tree was still up on 1/8. The gingerbread house does come down earlier though.

Anyway, I think that many of the resort spots would appeal more to seniors mostly because they are usually more peaceful. Tastes probably vary as much among seniors as in any group so maybe show them some menus and let them pick. A circuit of the monrail resorts early in your trip to see the decorations would be fun. You could also hop a boat to see the WL decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter