Sending Family to Vero Beach in October......HELP!!

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
I waited too late to book my cousins a 2 bedroom at SSR Oct 16-21. I called last week and reserved 4 of the 5 nights I needed and waitlisted for Thur night. All the 2 bdrms are booked at all resorts. October is getting busy!!

I then thought to check on VB, because they mentioned they wanted to visit the beach too.

I called MS today, and all that is left are Garden View Inn Rooms. I took it (with cousins approval) and waitlisted for Ocean View. Is VB normally busy in Oct? Is this considered slow season? By the points I would think so but not by room availability.

I have never been to VB and want to give her some good sites for photos and information. Photos of the Inn Rooms would be helpful also. Can anyone name some favorites? VB info kind of gets lost on this board, but I know many have really enjoyed their stays there.

Thanks!
Crystal

October was our favorite month to visit VB when we lived in Michigan.

The weather was perfect and they usually weren't very busy.

I'm sure the waitlist will come through.

:sunny:

We've only stayed in VB once and it was in June, but we adored the resort and are planning a BIG extended family vacation there for some point in the future. You're family will love it! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I will gladly offer my services as your family's personal tour guide ;) as long as I can sleep in the closet or something! lol

October can be a bit chilly, but it is a fantastic beach time usually! I hope they have a blast!

Thanks all!! I am so excited and Im not even going!

They booked their flights today and will be renting cars at MCO. lllovell, I have first dibs on that closet!! LOL!

Thank you so much for the links Lisa, and I had a "special" friend email me some links also.

Tagrel has great photos too!

After reading everything, Im ready to book a trip to VB myself!

Are there any other really nice beaches close to VB that I could recommend?
Also any great local restaurants in town?
How long to allow from VB to MCO?

Thanks again,
Crystal

LIFERBABE said:
Thank you so much for the links Lisa, and I had a "special" friend email me some links also.

Are there any other really nice beaches close to VB that I could recommend?
Also any great local restaurants in town?
How long to allow from VB to MCO?

Crystal, could you post or pm me any links that you think are worthy? We are taking our family to VB in Feb and would love to get some more info on the surrounding area. (Hummm... special friend ... VB ... was that Nick?)

We were only there for two nights in May, but enjoyed the resort. We at at Shutters one night and enjoyed the seafood and veggie dish. We did go to Capt. Hiram's Sand Bar as well. Very Cool! Just a word of warning, those aren't Disney Drinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter