Semi formal night dress code confusion

goofygirl64

Earning My Ears
I saw here on the boards where someone posts an email they received from Disney stating that for men dress shirt OR jacket is okay. I saw on the DCL website it says dress shirt AND jacket is required. Is it okay for my husband and son to wear a dress shirt and slacks without the jacket?:confused3

My understanding is that the dress code isn't required in the sense that Disney enforces it (except for for up-charge dining). Rather, it's more like "we suggest this dress code and will have appropriate events for which such a dress code makes sense." While you will see people in suits, you also see a less. Your husband and son probably won't stand out and certainly won't be made to feel uncomfortable.

Dirk

My husband wore slacks and a Tommy Bahamas shirt. No jacket, no tie, he was more dressed up then many on the ship.

My husband wore slacks and a Tommy Bahamas shirt. No jacket, no tie, he was more dressed up then many on the ship.

My husband doesn't cruise with us, but ditto to the above. To be honest, I couldn't tell what night it was by attire. Most guys had khaki shorts on and either polo or just button shirt(no tie). Formal/Semi-Formal nights.... they all looked the same to me.

Same with my husband. He only wore a tux on formal night during our Med cruise (and only b/c he bought a Mickey Mouse vest/tie combo).

Unless you are dining in Palo or Remy, there is no dress code at all. There is "suggested attire" and it doesn't get any more specific than to say "semi-formal" without specifying what that is.

I suspect you looked at the Palo and Remy dress code.

Unless you are dining in Palo or Remy, there is no dress code at all. There is "suggested attire" and it doesn't get any more specific than to say "semi-formal" without specifying what that is.

That was my first thought as well. I have never seen anything from DCL saying anything specific about what they suggest for formal/semiformal dress.

I saw all levels of dress from both the men and women during our time on the Fantasy last week.

I for one appreciate that Disney seems to understand this is a family cruise with lots of little kids and allows a slightly looser dress code at least in the main dining rooms.

When we dined in Palo, my husband still didn't wear a tie or jacket. Most of the men were dressed the same way, no jackets or ties in Palo.

When we dined in Palo, my husband still didn't wear a tie or jacket. Most of the men were dressed the same way, no jackets or ties in Palo.

This must have been a brunch meal right? Palo (and Remy now) always enforce the dinner dress for men and women.

This must have been a brunch meal right? Palo (and Remy now) always enforce the dinner dress for men and women.

There was a guy in Palo on the very recent Canada cruise that wore sneakers, with a polo shirt and khakais (Dockers style pants). personally I wear a suit when I go there as did many of the other guys that evening.

Depends, on the recent Canada cruise when I went to Palo, I would say about 2/3 of the guys had a jacket/tie. 1/3 had a polo/dress shirt and pants.

When we got a call confirming our Palo dinner reservation, the crewmember said dress code was "no jeans, no shorts, no flip flops." I'd estimate at least 2/3 of the men that night were wearing slacks and a dress shirt, no jackets or ties.

When we got a call confirming our Palo dinner reservation, the crewmember said dress code was "no jeans, no shorts, no flip flops." I'd estimate at least 2/3 of the men that night were wearing slacks and a dress shirt, no jackets or ties.

Per the DCL web site, a dress shirt OR jacket is required for Palo. It doesn't say a tie at all. The dress code for Remy is more strict and a jacket is required. THey even have loaners for guys who didn't bring one on the cruise.

Per the DCL web site, a dress shirt OR jacket is required for Palo. It doesn't say a tie at all. The dress code for Remy is more strict and a jacket is required. THey even have loaners for guys who didn't bring one on the cruise.

So you can wear a jacket without a shirt? Is that OK for Palo? :)

Mike

:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter