Selling Priceline ressies?

2belles'mom

Mouseketeer
I just found out that we will be going to WDW in October FREE--thanks to my DH's winning a golf tourny! I now need to sell Priceline ressies at Whyndam Palace for Jan 1-6 (5 nights) because I can't take a week off in Oct AND in January.

Can Priceline ressies be sold? How does one go about doing this? Can we do so on this board? Any help would be appreciated!

I don't think that you can sell them -they are non-transferrable. I used Priceline in Aug. for 1 night at an airport hotel and I made the reservation in my Dad's name as he would be arriving first -but the room was billed to MY C.C. They made him pay for the room in cash because the names did not match! Anyway, when I arrived 6 hours later - they refunded his cash.

You have to find out if the hotel will allow you to add an additional guest name to the reservation. E-Bay would be a good place to sell your reservation.

a thread last year about people donating rooms they couldn't use to an organization? I think the organization used the rooms to help sponsor trips to Disney and Universal for children w/serious illnesses ex...cancer, heart transplants, etc...Not only could you donated your rooms but some donated their whole trip, unused hoppers, etc.. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the organization.

I've heard of people who have sold their reservations here on DIS and who have done it on ebay. FWIW, the www.BiddingForTravel.com website is for learning how to bid on Priceline, not for selling reservations. If 2belles'mom happened to post her winning bid there, then she would be able to add some info about selling it to her existing post.

Most hotels will allow you to add a name to the existing reservation. Some are pickier about not Priceline reservations being non-changable.

Thanks for the info!

I did post my info on biddingfortravel.com after I got the room.

I will see if Whyndham will allow me to add a name to the reservation...

Thanks!

Great! Just go to the "Posting Guidlines" section and read up on reselling a reservation. Good luck!

Just in case anyone is worried about experiencing carrieann's problem when bidding for another person, don't! I have bid for my parents, with rooms in their name & cc in mine & it doesn't make any difference. In fact, the hotel doesn't have your CC info because Priceline pays them. You pay priceline & they pay the hotel. The room was already paid for, so I'm not sure what they would have been charging him for in any case.

Good luck selling the reservation!

Actually the hotel (Marriott) DID have my credit card information - they said that Priceline faxes them the information(I saw my c.c # printed on the ressie when I went to settle the payment dispute), and the reason that they made my father pay in cash was because he did not have the credit card in hand -it did not matter that the ressie was in his name.

That is really interesting! I've never been asked for a credit card when I checked in for Priceline stays (including mariotts)! Did you post that over on biddingfortravel.com, because I think it would be helpful for people to know that it is a possibility & how to deal with it. I mean, what if you weren't going to be there with him? Should the hotel care? The room was in his name & they already got their money!

I'm not sure what the deal was , or why they made my dad pay cash for the room. They tried to tell him that the room had not been paid for and that they had to have the credit card. When I arrived several hours later I went to the front desk and inquired about the situation. I was also told that the room had not been paid for - they had the Priceline reservation - I'd even confirmed the ressie before leaving for my trip and I pointed out to the desk clerk that the room had indeed been paid for because you cannot obtain a reservation through Priceline without first having your credit card charged. She insisted that the room had NOT been paid for and then proceeded to read aloud to me my credit card # and information???? She then told me that my credit card would be charged that night and that she would refund my Dad's cash -I insisted that my credit card was charged for the room in June - 2 months prior to the actual ressie - she insisted that it had not been. Anyhow, to make a long story longer - I met with the day manager in the morning and she also said that my credit card had not been charged and that it was charged the night before when I arrived and presented the card at the desk - she said that they could only honor the credit card if the card holder was present and that Priceline faxes them the c.c info and they charge the card upon check-in. The funny thing is - the price they charged my dad was $15 LESS than the actual Priceline charge because the fees were not added on! I called my c.c company when I got home and explained the situation to them and my card was indeed charged for the room in June and they said that they would settle the dispute with the hotel! Thank goodness for credit card companies! -they offer so much protection when purchasing online! I hope that mine was an isolated incidence and that others have better luck!

I have heard of a few people being charged again for Priceline rooms, although nothing as drastic as your situation! I think it most cases it just took a stop at the front desk to clear it up. They are posted under on biddingfortravel.com but I can't find them anywhere! It has happened at Marriotts & others.

I would have been so mad!! Did you ever let anyone at Priceline or higher up in Marriott know? What hotel was it?

I e-mailed Marriott's customer service about a week ago -still awaitinsg a response. It was Courtyard by Marriott at the Kansas City Airport/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter