• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seller documenta

My first resale contract was the longest, it took 3 weeks for sellers to return their docs. Very frustrating to wait that long and I made the mistake of wiring money immediately after I signed and didn’t like having that money in escrow for that long not knowing what was going on with the seller. I always request notification that the seller submitted their docs before wiring now.

The sellers on my resale contract signed 4 days after ROFR. You can get a better sense of trends in the Closing Time post. I think sellers have different motivations for selling which impacts their response time. I know how hard it is to wait.

And there's International Seller's ... waited over 45 days for them to get through the notary process ...

Received closing documents 2/16 and returned. Still waiting on seller to return. Asked to be notified when seller documents received and would wire money. Have had several sellers slow in returning documents, so do not send money until notified they have returned them.

The sellers on mine signed within a week. It took me about a week before I sent the wire and that was the only thing needed to close.

It truly varies in each transaction. My most recent contract the sellers have been extremely responsive so far. In a previous one the sellers were slower, but both ROFR and the title company were lightning fast which made up for it.

On our last two contracts, only 8 days passed from when we passed ROFR to closing. If I remember correctly we received our closing docs within 3-4 days of ROFR and we signed same day so our sellers were quick to sign as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter