(Self) Tan for Disney Trip

I am going to throughout a different opinion. Spray tanning does nothing to help prevent sun burn. While tanning may not be great it does provide protection against sunburn which is far more dangerous then tanning. I would tan for 5 weeks build up a base tan so you get the desired look and the protection that sunscreen can not always provide because we all forget to reapply or miss a spot. 5 weeks of tanning is probably not going to cause any real damage and may prevent a serious burn. I did this on my husbands request for trip and I am ubber pale and somehow have a great tan that others ask me about and when we hang out at the pool I have not burned all summer even if I forgot sunscreen. Most tanning salons also do spray tanning which lasts about a week and is supposed to be much realler looking then anything you can do at home.

Good luck on whatever you decide

I say try the old TanTowels and see if they are dried out. My guess is that since they are sealed they would still be fine.

Lancome used to have a wonderful self-tanner; it moisturized and had a sun screen in it, AND it smelled great. However they replaced it with a different product this year. So I tried some Mary Kay self-tanner and am pleased with the results. Goes on nice and even.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that getting a base tan is safe. Yes, it's less intense exposure than burning, but it's still a cancer risk on its own. I'd use tan-in-a-bottle so I don't look uber pale, then use sunscreen to protect my skin. There's no way I'd expose myself to all that uv radiation for 5 weeks to build up a tan! Tanning beds lead to cancer just as easily as direct sun tanning does.

I have always found that the gradual tanners work well for not being spotty, but have to agree with the people who say be careful with the chlorinated water. I have had orange water come off my body after getting out of a pool...not fun...it also turned the white part of my bathing suit orange and in wouldnt come out. That ruined the bathing suit which annoyed me more than being white...hahahaha:rotfl2:

I use self-tan all the time, especially on vacation. The Florida sun doesn't tan me all over. I prefer L'oreal's sublime bronze. But with all self-tan, be careful not to miss any spots. I did that recently and it looked...well stupid. :thumbsup2

Love Loreal's Sublime Bronze lotion. I use it all summer long. I usually have to reapply every other day.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that getting a base tan is safe. Yes, it's less intense exposure than burning, but it's still a cancer risk on its own. I'd use tan-in-a-bottle so I don't look uber pale, then use sunscreen to protect my skin. There's no way I'd expose myself to all that uv radiation for 5 weeks to build up a tan! Tanning beds lead to cancer just as easily as direct sun tanning does.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Lancome used to have a wonderful self-tanner; it moisturized and had a sun screen in it, AND it smelled great. However they replaced it with a different product this year. So I tried some Mary Kay self-tanner and am pleased with the results. Goes on nice and even.

The Lancome is the same, they just changed the packaging. But now both the Leg tanner and the body tanner are in the same tube packaging so be sure to get which one you preferred. The old Body which used to be in a pump is now in a squeeze tube as well (the body in my opinion steaked way too easily and was very hard to apply). The Leg which I LOVE goes on very smoothly with no streaking and doesn't have an odor (until you get it wet, like taking a shower later that day). It has a wonderful light shimmer to it as well. Not orange at all.

For face, I like Cliniques or Estee Lauder.

I "tan in a tube" myself all year round. Even in the summer when I get some color. I hate being white LOL.

Whenever I spray tan at home, I always have to rub it in. That way, I don't get those weird "run-down" marks on my skin.
I do LOVE Loreal's sublime bronze spray and lotion, so those are my two top choices.

Clinique has a daily moisturizer that serves as a self-tan. I prefer not to use it until I after I've used a spray tan or lotion. (I like to have an "instant" result, and then I use the Clinique for the remainder of the week. Then repeat!) :goodvibes

I really like the Jergens Natural Glow also, and have found that the RiteAid version works just as well. I apply it like skin cream and kind-of rub it in. I find if I put it on in a "thin layer" it tans unevenly. Also, make sure you shave and loofah your legs before using any sunless tanner. This removes dead skin, which "takes" color faster than fresh skin. Also, knees, ankles, and elbows tend to "take" tanner faster than other skin. I put a thin layer of regular skin cream on these areas before using the sunless tanner; it seems to keep them from absorbing as much tanner so they don't come out much darker than the rest of me :cool2: !

this isexactly what do. I have also tried the jergens brand and several store brands, and all work great. I do one application in the am, and one in he pm for the 1st week to get a good base then just once a day there out. I also use a regular cream one rough spots, rub in, then immediately do the jergens. if you rub the jergens in well you won't have streaks

Okay...I'm extremely fair and like to look like I have a little color when I go on vacation. The last time I tanned at a tanning salon but I really don't want to do that again. Any suggestions for a good self tanner that's easy to apply and forgiving as far as not getting on real evenly?

We leave in 5 weeks so I just tried L'Oreal Subline Tanning Spray...what a mistake. I guess I wasn't careful enough when applying it and I have big run marks, white spots, dark spots...now I can't even wear shorts. Any idea how long before this wears off? I sure hope it's gone before our vacation. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it quicker. I tried bathing and using a scrub but it didn't really help.

Any suggestions on what to use for a self tanner and/or how do get rid of this horrible mess I've made would be extremely helpful!:confused:

I use the Loreal Subline Tanning Spray and it works well for us. Ours wore off in 1-2 weeks. If you want it off quicker-get in the bath and scratch with your nails to get it off. It works

I'd try baking soda and some lemon juice. The baking soda is a mild abrasive and works really well (even if you don't have the lemon juice!)
I like the L'Oreal Sublime tanning cloths. I think there are about 8 or 10 in a box.

here's my self tanning regimen

1) EXFOLIATE EVERYWHERE--pay special attention to your feet, heals and elbows

2) Loreal Sublime Bronze Gel on my arms, legs, chest, neck, face and stomach...basically everywhere i can reach, but NOT MY HANDS AND FEET

3) Put Vaseline on my finger and toenails and cuticles. Then Neutrogena Spray on my hands and feet.

The gel always come out too dark on my feet, and i had trouble with my hands because it was hard to rub it in without getting any on my palms, but you can't wash your hands because you have have self tanner on. that's why i switched to the spray for my hands and feet

After all these tips I still will go out pale white as I am :( most of these lovely products aren't for sale here in Brazil!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter