• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Self Laundry

CamColt

Is the laundry room currently open? And if so, can these be used in the machines there?
1656627180591.png

Laundry room is definitely open. Three washers (traditional top load agitator) and six dryers for the entire tower. If staying on points, 16 tokens per day available from front desk; otherwise I think it's $1 per token. Four tokens to wash, 4 to dry, and 3 for Tide or Bounce if you need it. (I think you may be able to get complimentary generic detergent with your tokens if eligible)

It doesnt aound like a lot of machines..but remeber all 1bdrm + have their own laundry...so just studios.

Thanks for the info! That helps! We were on the first sailing of the Dream last summer and had the surprise of the laundry rooms being closed. I just wanted to be sure there were no surprises this trip. ;)

I just came back from a week long trip. Laundry is open 24/7 as @Lilsia commented. I had a DVC hotel room booked, which had no washer/dryer. I got my 16 daily tokens and I would get up at about 3AM to go wash/dry. There would be no one in there, just me. I pack light, so I will do laundry while on vacation. The front desk hooked me up with free detergent. I got small kids so i constantly washed their blankets they take everywhere lol

Bumping this thread to ask is it hard to snag a washer/dryer? Aulani is the second stop on our trip and I will have a week’s worth of clothes I need to wash at that point. My plan is to put our clothes in the wash in the morning and head back to the hotel room for breakfast probably mid-morning.

Last edited:

Bumping this thread to ask is it hard to snag a washer/dryer? Aulani is the second stop on our trip and I will have a week’s worth of clothes I need to wash at that point. I’m plan is to our clothes in the wash in the morning and head back to the hotel room for breakfast probably mid-morning.
I’m the laundry dad on every trip. I never had a problem snagging washers/dryers but I’m an early riser. I would load up the washers at 4:30AM and knock it out quickly. Go early or really late and bring your own detergent/fabric softener to save money. If you are staying on DVC points, you can ask the front desk for laundry tokens.

I had a one bedroom villa at Aulani that had a washer and dryer in it. That was spectacular to my eyes!

I’m the laundry dad on every trip. I never had a problem snagging washers/dryers but I’m an early riser. I would load up the washers at 4:30AM and knock it out quickly. Go early or really late and bring your own detergent/fabric softener to save money. If you are staying on DVC points, you can ask the front desk for laundry tokens.

I had a one bedroom villa at Aulani that had a washer and dryer in it. That was spectacular to my eyes!
Thanks for the info. 4:30am will never work for me but late at night will be fine. Hopefully it’s still open 24/7.

We purchased dvc points for our trip and our reservation shows up as dvc but we are not owning members. Are the tokens one of those things attached to your reservation or your membership?

It staying multiple nights can you collect tokens? Like on day one and day two and three get tokens to do it all on day three?

It staying multiple nights can you collect tokens? Like on day one and day two and three get tokens to do it all on day three?
I would ask for tokens each day. There is a limit per day (I forgot the limit) so if you wait till day three, you might not have enough tokens for all your washing/drying needs. I noticed some DVC members left their unused tokens in the laundry room.

Thanks. That is what inwas wondering. If you could save the tokens from a previous day if you requested them daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter