Self Inflating Mat for Fantasmic ?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
Has anyone used a self inflating mat or cushion for the Fantasmic Seated areas?
I'm hoping to snag a hungry bear ADR but the idea of sitting on concrete isn't appealing with my ruptured discs.

Looking for options for 4 of us to be more comfortable.

Has anyone used a self inflating mat or cushion for the Fantasmic Seated areas?
I'm hoping to snag a hungry bear ADR but the idea of sitting on concrete isn't appealing with my ruptured discs.

Looking for options for 4 of us to be more comfortable.
The blue bayou package used to hand out cushions that were Fantasmic themes. Small... like the kind you might place on sports bleachers. We plan to bring ours. You can look on eBay for what they are like

A few months ago, I saw this style recommended
Klymit V Seat, Lightweight Inflatable Travel Cushion, Best for Camping, Bleachers, or Glassing Pad , Gray
https://a.co/d/8eObFJK
I haven’t purchased it yet because I’m waiting to see which Fantasmic Dining package I end up with. This one appeals to me because of how small it is when deflated.

A few months ago, I saw this style recommended
Klymit V Seat, Lightweight Inflatable Travel Cushion, Best for Camping, Bleachers, or Glassing Pad , Gray
https://a.co/d/8eObFJK
I haven’t purchased it yet because I’m waiting to see which Fantasmic Dining package I end up with. This one appeals to me because of how small it is when deflated.

I'm probably going to go with this one - nice size, folds up really small, and 1.5 inches thick.

https://smile.amazon.com/TETON-Sports-Camping-Inflatable-1-5-Inch/dp/B009L1MXE0?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Great to see what others are finding too!
These are both really great options, now I have too many to choose from HAHA

I have one that does not fold I was just going to put it in a locker. Are those not allowed?

I have one that does not fold I was just going to put it in a locker. Are those not allowed?

They're allowed. Some people just like inflatable ones to be more portable during the day.

I use a thick one from Tokyo Disney (the ones that fold in half) and it takes up a lot space in my backpack. I find the 4 section 3 fold mats to be insufficient in terms of padding even though they're more portable. I haven't tried their 3 section 2 fold mats yet.

I am thinking about bringing one of these:

Check this out!
https://a.co/d/4ZPBr2B

I like that it has a back on it. It would need to go in a locker during the day, though.
I am going to try this one tonight. I sat in it at home and it seems ok. I felt like I looked ridiculous getting in to it. It is not very wide. It is in my backpack now. Hope it works. I have had a hard time sitting on the ground for any length of time even when I was young.

Be careful with the seats with a back on it. They may not be allowed in the park. I have a blow up seat cushion with no back and the security person looked at it very closely before letting me bring it in.

I’ve been using the blow up cushions for years. That are great for sitting on the ground for Fantasmic and waiting for parades.

Be careful with the seats with a back on it. They may not be allowed in the park. I have a blow up seat cushion with no back and the security person looked at it very closely before letting me bring it in.

I’ve been using the blow up cushions for years. That are great for sitting on the ground for Fantasmic and waiting for parades.
I ended up using the Coleman seat with back cushion tonight. No one blinked an eye. It rolls up and fits in my backpack and is not metal at all. I didn’t know if it would be sturdy, but I was actually able to sit a full hour in it without being sore. As I said it is not very wide but once I got into it I knew i could sit through the show. I don’t have back problems, I just can never sit comfortably on the ground so I am not sure how it would be for someone with a bad back.

The blue bayou package used to hand out cushions that were Fantasmic themes. Small... like the kind you might place on sports bleachers. We plan to bring ours. You can look on eBay for what they are like
We still have ours from 5+ years ago! They were these little purple foam mats we got for doing BB Fantasmic experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter