Select 4E (previous category 5E) Verandah Pictures... finally!

We are cabin 5656 and will be sailing in 17 days! I will post pictures on our return. I had post a thread a while back asking for photos and someone was kind enough to reply with them and it was the same size. Cannot wait!

Please post pics when you can! We are in this room on the fantasy in dec 2013!

Thanks!:worship:

We were 5E GTY and were just assigned 5150--the secret giant balcony step-child...from the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak (port side :)).

I thought I read on the deck plan that this was a 4E, but my ressie shows that it's a 5E. We were considering upgrading to a 4B or 4A for an actual family deluxe stateroom (as opposed to the 4E, which says it's a family deluxe but is NOT!), and it would be cheaper if our room were considered a 4E.

I thought this was one of those reclassified rooms...maybe not...or maybe Disney hasn't updated all of its computer software? Anyone else notice this? It's no biggie, I just want to have the correct info when I speak to the supervisor at the port. And then again, maybe we'll stick with the room. Or maybe I just want to believe we experienced some pixie dust! :wizard:

We were 5E GTY and were just assigned 5150--the secret giant balcony step-child...from the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak (port side :)).

I thought I read on the deck plan that this was a 4E, but my ressie shows that it's a 5E. We were considering upgrading to a 4B or 4A for an actual family deluxe stateroom (as opposed to the 4E, which says it's a family deluxe but is NOT!), and it would be cheaper if our room were considered a 4E.

I thought this was one of those reclassified rooms...maybe not...or maybe Disney hasn't updated all of its computer software? Anyone else notice this? It's no biggie, I just want to have the correct info when I speak to the supervisor at the port. And then again, maybe we'll stick with the room. Or maybe I just want to believe we experienced some pixie dust! :wizard:

When you get an upgrade, it will list your cabin assignment but will still keep your category as the one you booked. If you definitely want the extra cabin space, and not that much verandah, you could switch to a 4D. Those are on deck 6 and will cost less than a 4A or 4B.

ruadisneyfan2 said:
When you get an upgrade, it will list your cabin assignment but will still keep your category as the one you booked. If you definitely want the extra cabin space, and not that much verandah, you could switch to a 4D. Those are on deck 6 and will cost less than a 4A or 4B.

That explains it! Thank you.

I kind of fell in love with deck 8 on my last cruise. I only use the stairs unless it's many floors to my destination, and deck 8 was the perfect amount of walking to Cabanas and the pool deck--where my kids hang out :) ). Not sure I can handle 5 or 6 flights of stairs...but if it's significantly cheaper, I may just have to tough it out! And hey, I'm on a Disney cruise, so I can't complain!!!

That explains it! Thank you.

I kind of fell in love with deck 8 on my last cruise. I only use the stairs unless it's many floors to my destination, and deck 8 was the perfect amount of walking to Cabanas and the pool deck--where my kids hang out :) ). Not sure I can handle 5 or 6 flights of stairs...but if it's significantly cheaper, I may just have to tough it out! And hey, I'm on a Disney cruise, so I can't complain!!!

I hear you. 4 flights is my max on the stairs. With deck 8 you'll still need to use the elevators to get to or from dinner & shows but that may not be as often as going to the pool deck.

Did the pictures of 5650 disappear? I can't seem to find them anymore. I think I found them once before. We are sailing April 2016 on the dream in cabin 5650. I'm just trying to make sure it will be a good fit for 3-4 people.

Here is 5650 on the Dream from May 2015...

33xtqhe.jpg[

358c8qd.jpg

2pt6ute.jpg

14t287p.jpg

35359gk.jpg

16052m1.jpg

Wow! That's a veranda! I'm 6586 in May 2017 on the Dream, but I don't think that I can expect anything like this!

Re posting on old thread because I just bagged 5650 (made a schoolboy error and initially booked 5652 but thankfully saw this and switched) for 12 August 2019 Dream sailing.

I love love love oversized verandahs... And I had the pleasure to be in the 9670 cabin on the Disney Dream in 2015. :D

12342729_10153795922549252_7139586375251227999_n.jpg 12308544_10153795922649252_4313989878473282302_n.jpg

Heck is that Concierge I take it?
If you are talking about @mevelandry those are 5e rooms on the dream and fantasy ships and not concierge. We sailed the same room, one deck below. It's a totally private sun deck! A really great room if you are with a large group. Everyone can come over and hang out.

It looks like a great veranda, tons of space for family and friends!

This post just reminded me to record Walking Dead this weekend. Lol

If you are talking about @mevelandry those are 5e rooms on the dream and fantasy ships and not concierge. We sailed the same room, one deck below. It's a totally private sun deck! A really great room if you are with a large group. Everyone can come over and hang out.

Exactly. If I understood correctly, they are HA cabin that have been reassigned. The cabin is also almost twice the size but only have a shower. 12316279_10153796041014252_3898933660072572731_n.jpg

Exactly. If I understood correctly, they are HA cabin that have been reassigned. The cabin is also almost twice the size but only have a shower. View attachment 307590
Yes. They still have some handicap features, such as roll in showers and the strobe light for doorbells. The door is also painfully slow to close as a result of the door arm being set for wheel chairs. There also was not a privacy curtain between the bed and the sofa, nor was the bathroom split. The TV was also comically small for the distance it is between it and the seating area!

The only thing keeping me from trying one of these is I LOVE being forward and super close to the adult areas.

The only thing keeping me from trying one of these is I LOVE being forward and super close to the adult areas.

I'm hooked to the aft because I love the view and I find it a little bit less windy. I really don't mind the vibration. I think it just reminds me that I'm on a cruise ship and it makes me happy. :)

I'm hooked to the aft because I love the view and I find it a little bit less windy. I really don't mind the vibration. I think it just reminds me that I'm on a cruise ship and it makes me happy. :)

I am also a fan of the forward motion - love the rocking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter