Seeking Assistance from Annual Passholder, Please

haPevraftr

DIS Veteran
We are annual passholders for the first time this year. We visited over NYE and Easter. When we were there over Easter, there were limited locations where we could convert our APs to RFIP APs. We were never in the right place at the right time and we never did it. Now, we have decided to visit again on Thanksgiving. I know that I need to convert the tickets before entering the parks, b/c I have been told that by this time there will no longer be any of the older turnstiles to use our tickets.

We are planners and are successful traveling at crazy busy times because we arrive before rope drop, follow a solid touring plan, etc... I need help knowing hat to do to be prepared. There is so much info circulating about all of the changes that I can't get it straight in my head as to what I need to do.

I understand that in order to enter the MK on Thanksgiving, I will need to go to Guest Services first. We are staying offsite (my parents bought a house in the Villages, so we will just be making a couple day trips that week). How soon can I get to Guest Relations from TTC before park opening? There is EMH that day that I am not eligible for. Does that help me get to Guest Relations sooner so that I can deal with my tickets and still make park opening for Gen. Public?

Once I have the converted APs, how does that change my touring? With the converted APs, am I eligible for FP+ if I am staying offsite? I know their are pros and cons for both the old and new system. At this point, it is what it is. I just need to know what I need to do once I get into the park. Will I need to reserve times through FP+ or FP-?

Feel free to share any other bits of info that you think I need based on changes from the first week of April. TIA!

You should be able to convert your APs to RFID at any ticket window or Guest Relations now.

How APs will work with FP+ is not yet known. You have no access to FP+ currently unless you stay onsite. Watch these boards before your trip for updates.

I understand that in order to enter the MK on Thanksgiving, I will need to go to Guest Services first. We are staying offsite (my parents bought a house in the Villages, so we will just be making a couple day trips that week). How soon can I get to Guest Relations from TTC before park opening? There is EMH that day that I am not eligible for. Does that help me get to Guest Relations sooner so that I can deal with my tickets and still make park opening for Gen. Public?

Guest Relations opens about an hour before park opening. It has been our experience that when there are morning EMHs the GR windows open 30 minutes in advance...so 90 minutes before official park opening time. There is also a GR window at the TTC.

Once I have the converted APs, how does that change my touring? With the converted APs, am I eligible for FP+ if I am staying offsite? I know their are pros and cons for both the old and new system. At this point, it is what it is. I just need to know what I need to do once I get into the park. Will I need to reserve times through FP+ or FP-?

Some have reported being able to use the kiosks in the park to schedule same-day FP+s, but they had MagicBands from a previous stay. Everything is in flux right now because they are still in testing mode. My advice would be to try the kiosks when you arrive, unless you see more up to date news before then.

Feel free to share any other bits of info that you think I need based on changes from the first week of April. TIA!

Hope that helps. :)

We are annual passholders for the first time this year. We visited over NYE and Easter. When we were there over Easter, there were limited locations where we could convert our APs to RFIP APs. We were never in the right place at the right time and we never did it. Now, we have decided to visit again on Thanksgiving. I know that I need to convert the tickets before entering the parks, b/c I have been told that by this time there will no longer be any of the older turnstiles to use our tickets.

We are planners and are successful traveling at crazy busy times because we arrive before rope drop, follow a solid touring plan, etc... I need help knowing hat to do to be prepared. There is so much info circulating about all of the changes that I can't get it straight in my head as to what I need to do.

We are also APs but unfortunately we can't do FP+....yet ( not sure if we will be able at all) but not at the moment and doesn't look like by Thanksgiving. This of course since you stay offsite. We are in the same boat and I'm worried about my upcoming trips w most people scheduling rides ahead of time.

As for converting your passes, I think you'll be fine getting there a little early. The lines were crazy long at the beginning of July to convert passes/ tickets but they aren't like that anymore. We were there at the beginning of Sept. it doesn't take very long.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You should be able to convert your APs to RFID at any ticket window or Guest Relations now.

How APs will work with FP+ is not yet known. You have no access to FP+ currently unless you stay onsite. Watch these boards before your trip for updates.

:thumbsup2

This may not be true during your trip in April. Right now you can still use your non-RFID tickets to enter the parks. You do need to bring photo ID.

I may be able to help in some areas.

We have APs (3rd time - just purchased this round in September 2013). For our trip in Sept we were not offered MB and FP+ (we were staying at AS Music). For our trip in November of this year (not noted on my signature because it's a surprise trip for DD and sometimes she reads over my shoulder) - we are again staying at AS Music. We've personalized MB and connected the APs to them and have FP+ for our trip.

I suspect since you are staying offsite you will not have FP+ but I could easily be wrong I'm going with the flow just like everyone else.

For converting your tickets I had 3 sets of non- RFID tickets that I wanted to convert while I was there (all purchased during Free Dining while we had APs - so never used). We arrived early (as usual) at DHS one day - while DH and DD waited in line I went over to one of the ticket windows and converted the tickets. It really didn't take long at all.

I may be able to help in some areas.

We have APs (3rd time - just purchased this round in September 2013). For our trip in Sept we were not offered MB and FP+ (we were staying at AS Music). For our trip in November of this year (not noted on my signature because it's a surprise trip for DD and sometimes she reads over my shoulder) - we are again staying at AS Music. We've personalized MB and connected the APs to them and have FP+ for our trip.

I suspect since you are staying offsite you will not have FP+ but I could easily be wrong I'm going with the flow just like everyone else.

For converting your tickets I had 3 sets of non- RFID tickets that I wanted to convert while I was there (all purchased during Free Dining while we had APs - so never used). We arrived early (as usual) at DHS one day - while DH and DD waited in line I went over to one of the ticket windows and converted the tickets. It really didn't take long at all.
So, I don't need to have my kids and hubby with me in order to convert their tickets?

I changed mine and my sons over the other day at the Epcot ticket window... Super quick and no problem

If I have paper/tyvek APs, but also got MBs because I'll be staying onsite and they are linked to the APs, there's no reason to convert the APs, is there? We'll have MB for park entry and FP+, and presumably KTTW cards for backup (and FP double-dipping ;) ).

We'll be in WDW in a couple weeks for a very short trip before our APs expire, and I don't want to waste time at a ticket window or guest relations if there's no need. We've already received our MBs in the mail and were able to make FP+ ressies.

Thanks! :goodvibes

If I have paper/tyvek APs, but also got MBs because I'll be staying onsite and they are linked to the APs, there's no reason to convert the APs, is there? We'll have MB for park entry and FP+, and presumably KTTW cards for backup (and FP double-dipping ;) ).

We'll be in WDW in a couple weeks for a very short trip before our APs expire, and I don't want to waste time at a ticket window or guest relations if there's no need. We've already received our MBs in the mail and were able to make FP+ ressies.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Yep, no reason for you to convert that I can think of. :thumbsup2

So, I don't need to have my kids and hubby with me in order to convert their tickets?

good question - I didn't but that might have just been the CM I was dealing with. I did show my ID and all of the old KTTW cards I had were in our names (ie myself, dh and dd) so I probably looked fairly legit

forgot to mention - if you're going to MK on the first day the windows at TTC should open before EMH - you could try there first. Or you could go to the Guest Relations / Will call windows right outside MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter