Seeking advice on stay WL vs. BC w/ 5 yo

whitneya

Earning My Ears
We are headed to Disney and looking for guidance on where to stay, WL or BC. I'm looking for the more quiet of the two. I realize no place at Disney is quiet but which is more tranquil and easier to have down time between park visits. My son has autism and I'm looking to stay at a location that will provide the calmest hotel experience. Is there more activity at the BC or WL?

I would have to say the BC is busier. BC has the biggest pool of all the Disney resorts. BC is also a convention resort so you always have large groups of people around the resort at the pool, down at the QS location the lobby area.

WL is much calmer. The lobby can be a bit busy during the day with people coming and going as well as those dinning at the Wispering Canyon.. But the beach area is hardly every used. You can walk along the paved bike/jogging path over to FW and check out the animals. I find the music inside WL to be calming.

I agree with Shelly F - WL seems quieter, more tucked away. BC seems to get more traffic.

I know you asked a long time ago and have probably already made your choice. BC is very busy although very cheerful. It never seems to be calm. I've only eaten at WL, but the lobby seems busy with Whispering Canyon, at least in the evening. Still, the outside seemed quieter than BC and there seemed to be little trails you could walk on for outdoor breaks. You seem to be looking at deluxes, but if you're willing to consider a mod, we like Riverside. My older son has a sensory processing disorder and needs calm/quiet/no wild theming after being in the parks, and POR has shady, greenery-filled paths to the different buildings. You don't have to go through the lobby at any point. There are some fountains and a waterwheel to watch and a little playground, plus it's on a canal so there's water to see. We've stayed there 3 or 4 times now and never found it crowded or overwhelming. We've stayed at YC and spent a weekend at AKL, and for our next trip, he chose POR knowing it was easiest for him (we started going when he was 7 and he's almost 13 now). I realize what my son needs is probably different from what you son needs, but for what it's worth.... :)

WL the way to go. Also let them know at check in that you need a quite room. It will most likely be far away from the lobby but if that is what you need it will be worth the extra walk.

WL is quieter...plus the water pageant on the beach, and my kids love the boat ride to mk. ...and when you do need something fun, take the boat to campgrounds for chip and dale's campfire...

My kids also love the pool at WL although it is nothing special by disney standards.

it is how you choose to do your vacation. BC is generally busier but the quiet pools are wonderful and there are wonderful parts of the resort that are underused. WL is more secluded but also greater walking distances. Either will be wonderful.

it is how you choose to do your vacation. BC is generally busier but the quiet pools are wonderful and there are wonderful parts of the resort that are underused. WL is more secluded but also greater walking distances. Either will be wonderful.
just wondered what you meant by greater walking distance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter