Seeing Star Wars Fireworks on an ECV

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
No maps show a HA viewing area for the Star Wars fireworks. And I really don't want to be packed in, as I suspect a popular viewing area would be. So we were thinking of the Echo Lake area-I know we can't see any projections from there, but we're mostly interested in the fireworks in a less busy area. How does this area sound? Any other suggestions from people using an ECV?

Honestly, the way the show is now, the projections are a HUGE part of it. There are lots of lasers, and a bit of pyro as well, but the fireworks no longer really "tell a story" like they did when this show first launched.

I'm not sure how it is now, but over by Bill & Min's Dockside Diner, it used to be a bit less crowded, because most people are trying to get a straight on view of the theatre facade.

Over by the arched entryway to the Animation Courtyard is where the HA viewing area was moved to.

Thanks, I didn't know there was one since it's not shown on the maps.

Check with a CM when they start laying down the tape lines; they should be able to show you where to wait. You may have to (temporarily) move while the Dessert Party people come in to that section, but typically the CM's are pretty good about making sure that everyone who is seated on a mobility device is up in the front row of that section, giving you the best possible view.

So... To clarify. My son uses a wheelchair and has been disappointed in his inability to see anything but butts, as he says during fireworks and projections as people crowd together. This year I've gotten the star wars and HEA dessert parties hoping he will enjoy these shows more. It was my understanding that neither park had a wheelchair viewing area. Wonderful if this has changed. Is it official or just by the kindness of the CM. if there is a viewing area in HS right next to the party viewing, I might not need the party reservations.

I never heard there was a HC area for the SW fireworks either. I paid for the dessert party last year, so my son could enjoy the show. I will ask about it this year, as the dessert party is not in our budget for 2017. (last year we skipped MNSSHP to do the SW dessert party, it is one or the other!)

It seems weird to have one, and it is secret, or they don't have one, but sometimes a friendly CM tries to help out unofficially.

Thanks everyone, but now DH says that we'll try just watching them from the bridge between Yacht Club and Boardwalk, and if that doesn't work, maybe we'll try just parking along the walkway by the canal next to the Boardwalk. We have a 6:00 reservation at B&C one night, then we can walk/scooter over to the bridge by 8:00.

I do want to stress mamabunny's point - the projections pretty much are the show. There are lasers that "fire" across the park in time with the battles, but not a ton of aerial fireworks associated with this anymore. I fear trying to watch it from a bridge or anywhere outside the park will be pretty disappointing.

So... To clarify. My son uses a wheelchair and has been disappointed in his inability to see anything but butts, as he says during fireworks and projections as people crowd together. This year I've gotten the star wars and HEA dessert parties hoping he will enjoy these shows more. It was my understanding that neither park had a wheelchair viewing area. Wonderful if this has changed. Is it official or just by the kindness of the CM. if there is a viewing area in HS right next to the party viewing, I might not need the party reservations.

I never heard there was a HC area for the SW fireworks either. I paid for the dessert party last year, so my son could enjoy the show. I will ask about it this year, as the dessert party is not in our budget for 2017. (last year we skipped MNSSHP to do the SW dessert party, it is one or the other!)

It seems weird to have one, and it is secret, or they don't have one, but sometimes a friendly CM tries to help out unofficially.

Here's what *I* have personally experienced; YMMV

We have, since the literally the very first night they offered it, always made the Star Wars Dessert Party part of our plans. That first party was a ton of fun, since they were kind of getting their "sea legs" in that location, but all of the CMs were just so funny and charming and kind, and we were hooked!

Even that first night (back when it was between Bill & Min's, and the main "street" that kind of dead ends into the plaza in front of the Theatre) CMs would either bring the folks right under the ropes, and along the front "row" inside the Dessert Party area, or later - when the Party itself started being held inside Launch Bay - we saw CMs every time that would either "open" the Dessert Party viewing area and allow other Guests on wheels to come in and be placed in the first/front row if there was room - if not, they were typically in the row behind the Party Guests who were on wheels.

On a couple of occasions, I heard some other Dessert Party Guests "grumble" a little bit about them "filling" the section with non-Dessert Party people. Personally, our family doesn't care; if the area is open, and it helps someone else see the show, by all means, bring 'em on! BUT I don't know if what we have seen and experienced (four times in the last 18 months or so?) has been normal and usual, or if it is literally just compassionate CMs that are trying to help Guests.

What I'm try to say is this: If you DON'T buy the Dessert Party, and you DON'T get accessible viewing in some way/shape/form, don't be surprised. I do not know if what we saw is "pixie dust" or the normal course of operations for that show.

I want to set a very clear expectation - it *appears* that CMs are regularly using the Dessert Party viewing area to accommodate as many other Guests that need an accessible area as possible. The last time we were there, and saw this happen was in late April/early May of this year.

As I suggested above, if you are not attending the Party, I would try to speak to a CM as they are beginning to tape off the walkways for this show, and ask where you should park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter