• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seeing so many ads

lifesavacation

DIS Veteran
Since the upgrade, I’m seeing a lot more ads and I do use an ad blocker. Very frustrating.

Is there a specific blocker that works?

Since the upgrade, I’m seeing a lot more ads and I do use an ad blocker. Very frustrating.

Is there a specific blocker that works?
Same issue here, using adblocker plus. This morning I got an ad that took up the entire page, completely covering the board. I had to X it 3x before I could get it to disappear.

No difference for me. Never see ads. I just use the ad blocker built into windows

Same issues. Half the time the ad hides the post reply option and I have to hit back and then forward. Very frustrating.

Lol - to post this had to take the extra steps!

Adblock on desktop is fine, no ads except that goofy looking fake cell phone in the right margin. And then the 'similar thread' junk, or the zombie maker. On my Android, that's another story. I thought it was bad before the upgrade. Now it is horrendous. Moving ads go up and down, block the posting options, appear and disappear, covers threads, on and on. It's like a 3 ring circus time on the phone.

I'm seeing no ads. Adblocker Ultimate. Using Firefox and a laptop and desk top.
Haven't looked at a phone

An added feature with ad block plus is to select the ad or pop up and then disable it works great for wdw website..no more warnings and info about stuff from ..you know what..

Agree with @Dan Murphy. On my PC's, I run Adblock AND Adblock Plus and have no ads. On my mobile devices... ads galore!
Just checked my Iphone with ghostery and still no ads.
you need to open up whichever site , such as this one in the downloaded Ghostery app and it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter