• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

seeing fireworks from outside of MK ?

phyzz

Mouseketeer
:yay:is there a spot to see the fireworks from outside of the park ?
we arrive the night before our visit to MK and thought it would be fun to
see the fireworks . we are staying at Pop Century . :yay:

T minus 5 days to MK !!!

T minus 5 days to MK !!!

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly pool.
The audio level if better in some places (closer to the sidewalk, for instance) than others (far out on the beach, for instance.)

To find the "sweet spot" for viewing, stroll along the sidewalk until the Cinderella Castle comes into full view.

Poly-TTC-Basic_101209.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the
Grand Floridian. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.
The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)
The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.
Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.
The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.
But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

T minus 5 days to MK !!!

The 4th floor terrace at the Contemporary is nice. The soundtrack is piped in and some (limited) seating is available.

We went to the polynesian last night and viewed the fireworks from the beach. The view was terrific and it does include the audio. The children said that it was better the being in the park. Get there early and take the bus. It does get crowded, but not like the park.

Gosh, I have always loved Robo's diagrams. They are so detailed!

As others have said, Poly is a great place to watch the fireworks. Be warned, kids will want to play in the sand while they wait. There are hammocks and chairs, but as Robo mentioned, make sure you have a good view of MK bc there are some islands that can obscure the view. Also, there have been a few times when we have gone and they have had technical difficulties with the piped in music.

A much closer view can be had from the fourth floor viewing area at the CR. but it can get crowded there. And as I recall if you have a stroller, you will have to leave it below or carry it up the stairs to get there.

Great reply Robo, as always!!! We are going to take this advice!! Gonna try the Contemporary Observation Deck!

We are staying at the Poly in Hawaii building and just a FYI. This morning we saw cm's putting up ropes/barricades around the beach. Not sure what for but all over the CL there were signs to have your Poly resort keys out.

We are staying at the Poly in Hawaii building and just a FYI. This morning we saw cm's putting up ropes/barricades around the beach. Not sure what for but all over the CL there were signs to have your Poly resort keys out.

In past years the most they've done is card people around the pool area--the beach has been open to all. I'll be curious to hear tonight and tomorrow if tonight turns out to be any different or if this is just show.

In past years the most they've done is card people around the pool area--the beach has been open to all. I'll be curious to hear tonight and tomorrow if tonight turns out to be any different or if this is just show.

And is it the WHOLE BEACH I wonder? I have been there many years and they have only roped up the part of the Beach directly in front of the pool/Hawaii building. A CM has stood there and checked for resort IDs of guests wishing to enter that area but has said nothing to guests walking by, sitting in the grass or any of the other beach areas.

Liz

The poly CMs will not ID you unless they have something special going. Otherwise they don't bother... We go dead of summer and no ID but when we go over NYE they are aggressive about ID'ing people. So in 5 days nothing is going on, i.e. not a holiday, so you should be ok. They may give you issues parking at the poly so as a plan B, park in the MK lot and take the tram up to the front but instead of going to the gates just walk from the TTC to the poly. They are right next to each other. Since you are staying at Pop they will not charge you to park. Have a nice time, if you plan ahead you can get there a little early and catch the water parade and the fireworks in one sitting.

Well they have changed protocol. They are checking EVERYONE who steps foot on the beach or pool. They are asking for your room key and issuing a Polynesian resort bracelet. I just saw a woman get so nasty to a CM who asked for her and her familys room card. They were on the beach in lounge chairs in a prime spot. They didn't have keys and she got nasty. I was simply walking by and felt so bad for the CM. I talked to him after and he said this year they are making sure the beach is for poly guests only. He said its not fair for guests who pay to stay here and then can't watch from the beach.

Well they have changed protocol. They are checking EVERYONE who steps foot on the beach or pool. They are asking for your room key and issuing a Polynesian resort bracelet. I just saw a woman get so nasty to a CM who asked for her and her familys room card. They were on the beach in lounge chairs in a prime spot. They didn't have keys and she got nasty. I was simply walking by and felt so bad for the CM. I talked to him after and he said this year they are making sure the beach is for poly guests only. He said its not fair for guests who pay to stay here and then can't watch from the beach.

Including the beach down by TTC?

I am anxious to see the pictures. I have seen the area in front of the pool and the Hawaii building roped off (sort of like with that snow fencing) and then one CM checking ID's of those wanting to enter that area (which is way too crowded for my tastes) but I have never seen the entire Beach area roped off and can only imagine how many CMs it would take to police that...but hey that would be some great extra hours for the CMs.

I imagine there will be pictures forthcoming if the entire Beach is "gated"

Liz

The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

If you do the location of the deck at Narcoossee's restaurant, please be considerate of the diners on the other side of the windows. They would like to see the fireworks, too, and not your butt pressed up against the window. DH & I almost had this happen to us when we ate there, but the guy outside must have heard me groan and moved down to a pole between windows. I couldn't go outside that night because the bugs were eating me alive when I went out before dinner. Thank you.

I am anxious to see the pictures. I have seen the area in front of the pool and the Hawaii building roped off (sort of like with that snow fencing) and then one CM checking ID's of those wanting to enter that area (which is way too crowded for my tastes) but I have never seen the entire Beach area roped off and can only imagine how many CMs it would take to police that...but hey that would be some great extra hours for the CMs.

I imagine there will be pictures forthcoming if the entire Beach is "gated"

Liz

It appeared to be wide open for all guests on the live-from-the-Poly webcam feed of the July 4th show.
No barricades in that wide shot of the beach.

Any photos from one of the thousands who were there on the Poly beach on July 3rd and 4th?

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly pool.
The audio level if better in some places (closer to the sidewalk, for instance) than others (far out on the beach, for instance.)

To find the "sweet spot" for viewing, stroll along the sidewalk until the Cinderella Castle comes into full view.

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.
But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

Wow Robo, these are great!
Do many people go to the CM parking lot at he WL to see them?

1- Wow Robo, these are great!
2- Do many people go to the CM parking lot at he WL to see them?

1- Thank you!

2- I'd guess that it is about the most obscure location to see the MK fireworks.
And, since there is no piped-in audio, it is simply an "in-a-pinch" choice for viewing.

Great maps as usual Robo! We have an ADR at 'Ohana at 7:10 pm on September 22nd, Wishes that evening is scheduled at 9 pm ... I hope our dinner will last long enough to watch Wishes from there ... or will the Poly beach be a better place to watch them? Is it confirmed that only Poly guests are allowed to have access to the beach?

Great maps as usual Robo! We have an ADR at 'Ohana at 7:10 pm on September 22nd, Wishes that evening is scheduled at 9 pm ... I hope our dinner will last long enough to watch Wishes from there ... or will the Poly beach be a better place to watch them? Is it confirmed that only Poly guests are allowed to have access to the beach?

ANYONE can access the Poly beach.

In fact, on MOST nights of the year, the area (which is HUGE) is nearly deserted.

That said, we enjoy seeing the MK fireworks from 'Ohana, too.
Each and every viewing location I noted will have it's own set of pluses and minuses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter