Seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time :)

Yes Mindeola: The feels is what it's all about!! Thanks for your reply!
And thanks again BrianL----I'm getting a tad too anal about this trip, I need to calm down, ha. Can I just say, I want to go NOWWWWW!

IMG_6358.PNGThis was our daughters' first sighting of the castle. They didn't even know we were at Disney World until about 5 min before when we had gone under the big sign. We were headed to breakfast at Chef Mickey's and I spotted the castle over the trees and pointed it out to her. A memory I will never forget!

Ok, it's not the castle but: on our first trip to WDW my sister and I were 12 years old. We talked on the way down about trying all the rides because we'd never really been to an amusement park in years. On the first morning of our trip my dad lead us out to the park with EMH with his touring plan from the back of the unofficial guide and led us to our first ride. As we stood staring up at the Hollywood Tower Hotel preparing to ride our first Disney ride The Tower of Terror my dad reminded us that we promised to ride everything! So off we set and to this day it is my favorite Disney ride! It was the first ride I took my husband on for our first trip together and I can't wait to take my son on it when he's tall enough.

The last few times Ive gone to WDW when I lay my eyes on the castle for the first time I get so overwhelmed with emotions. I've cried or became very close to crying almost every time in the past few years. I see the castle quite often, but still seeing it for the first time from being away for awhile is almost an indescrible feeling for me. I just get sooo happy that I made it back to my favorite place in the entire world. It's an amazing feeling.

I was an adult the first time I went to WDW with a very active 2 1/2 year old son. I'm sure I was more intent on keeping him out of trouble than I was looking because I certainly don't remember it. It's not the castle for me, although I do love seeing it, it's Main Street that always makes me feel happy.

Oh goodness, it takes my breath away each and every time. I LOVE Port Orleans, and you WILL catch a glimpse of the castle on your way in....and USUALLY the bus will have Disney music playing on it as you do. It is an amazing approach, but then after the bus drops you off and you see all of the congestion around the turnstiles and you are bursting with energy and you can't wait and then you go through the tunnel and THEN there she is, magnificently welcoming you! It is such an AMAZING view...never gets old!

OH MY GOSH. Thank you ALL so very much for the posts---I'm getting chills!!!!!!
Lynzi, that picture of your daughter is too precious, I can feel the emotion too :) Very, very cool. Ahhhh, it's getting me so excited to GO. Again, thanks all for your comments, just what I was hoping for!
Have a good day!
39 more days to go here, ha ha ha.

I don't remember my first time - I was 2. Then we went every couple of years and I guess I never paid much attention to it - I wanted the rides. Once I was in my 20's, I started to see the significance. And now I cry every time I walk down Main Street that first MK day of our trip. :)

My partner just got a job transfer to Tallahassee so no more winter for us in a few more days. Frantically packing up the house before the movers come on the 25th. However my mom is helping us drive the two cars down. She managed to get that week off from work and I told her. "Mom we will be a four hour car ride from Disney now, you've never been. We can not NOT go!" So while we will only have one overnight stay before she has to go back home on a plane we finally get to go to Disney together. She always sees our pictures and wishes she could come with us

I can't wait for that moment where she sees the castle by ferry or monorail and then walking through the tunnel and the big Main Street reveal happens

I just wish we had more time!

I too cannot remember my first time seeing the castle.

But I remember my daughters.

Every trip the first thing we do is head up the steps to the train station platform and just look down Mainstreet to the castle. We just stand there like a couple of Disney Nerds and soak in the ambiance of the MK. No rushing off to attractions. Just enjoying the moment.

That's our first look at the castle every single time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter